Zoo/rush is THE definition of cancer

I got fed up facing at least 3 zoo in a row so I made a murloc warlock deck. My hope is if we all play as much of this toxic garbage as possible Blizzard will finally balance control. That's right I'm not necessarily for nerfing Zoo or rush in general, I want control to be viable again because it's certainly lagging behind.

I recently used my control shaman against Zoo. I took him down to literally 0 cards in hand and 0 cards in his library. Literally. He never ran out of steam until he had no more cards. Is that how you're suppose to win against Zoo now?

So yeah, the more people play Zoo and rush the more other people feel compelled to play it. If that's not the very definition of cancer (a disease that spreads to other parts of the body) then I don't know what.
Reply Quote
Oh and I should add, every time I win with my murloc I BM emote "sorry"

Seriously, lets work together to play as much of this as possible until Blizz can't ignore the data.
Reply Quote
I'd say the number of threads that exist on this forum only to complain about Zoo'Lock is also pretty cancerous.
Reply Quote
06/21/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Amaranthine
I'd say the number of threads that exist on this forum only to complain about Zoo'Lock is also pretty cancerous.

Kinda reflects the fact that zoolock isn't in a balanced place right now imo. The unskilled dropping of 1-3 cost minions + doomguard to win is getting old. Having to build a deck specifically to counter a single playstyle because you'll lose otherwise is exactly why UTH was nerfed.
Reply Quote
There are more Druids and Rogues than Locks right now, and probably about 50/50 Locks are Giants/Zoo.
Reply Quote
Keeping one deck that does not need hours and hours of play to get the gold is nice... should be more common among the other decks though...
Reply Quote
Zoo (ish) decks are pretty crazy, today I got the summon 30 2 manna or less minions, so I did a quick roll of a (probably bad) Zoo deck, with even more emphasis on 2 drops.

The games were really fast, and even a bad version of the deck won more than it lost.
Reply Quote
06/21/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Dishrack
06/21/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Amaranthine

Kinda reflects the fact that zoolock isn't in a balanced place right now imo. The unskilled dropping of 1-3 cost minions + doomguard to win is getting old. Having to build a deck specifically to counter a single playstyle because you'll lose otherwise is exactly why UTH was nerfed.

Wrong, all it reflects is the classic phenomenon of herd mentality. Idiots whine about Zoo, more idiots hop onto the bandwagon and whine about Zoo themselves, and the herd keeps on growing. Control decks are very balanced, and most of them actually have favorable Zoo matchups. The problem is that most people in this game are casual gamers at best(even some legendary players, as all it takes is grinding) so they don't play optimally or anywhere near optimally, and rather than look at their own mistakes they blame their opponent's deck. Not that being a casual player is bad, far from it, but casual players need to realize that they're casual players and shouldn't talk about balance because they have no idea what they're talking about.

P.S I use the term "casual player" very mildly, if you don't get what I mean than you belong in that group...
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 10:45 AMPosted by OwlRaider
06/21/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Dishrack

Wrong, all it reflects is the classic phenomenon of herd mentality. Idiots whine about Zoo, more idiots hop onto the bandwagon and whine about Zoo themselves, and the herd keeps on growing. Control decks are very balanced, and most of them actually have favorable Zoo matchups. The problem is that most people in this game are casual gamers at best(even some legendary players, as all it takes is grinding) so they don't play optimally or anywhere near optimally, and rather than look at their own mistakes they blame their opponent's deck. Not that being a casual player is bad, far from it, but casual players need to realize that they're casual players and shouldn't talk about balance because they have no idea what they're talking about.

P.S I use the term "casual player" very mildly, if you don't get what I mean than you belong in that group...

You obviously dont play much against Zoo. There aren't many good silence spells in the game. And the warlock tempo is too fast. Try building a murlock deck with any other class and report the results.
Reply Quote
zoo is just for chump little kids that like to play the op stuff
Reply Quote
Rush decks are required to prevent decks like this from becoming the new norm:

http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#czsX7MfE7Mig7Md67zVH7znV7zbH7zkk7zl7zzt7zrR7Ms07Mdq7Mmh7Maq7zuT7zoG7MzV7zya7znm7Mra8q

The game would be ruined. You need fast decks to keep late game heavy decks in check.
Reply Quote
It's funny, you'd think by rank 4 Zootards would've figured out how to play a real deck... Some must be slow learners and need to faceroll a little longer.
Reply Quote
What's to learn Wolf? It's just plain straight out card-vomit.

By turn 4 they've emptied their entire hand. After that they just topdeck, drop card, topdeck, drop card.

I mean aside from not being complete moron mode and playing a discard card before playing a card that's not a discard, the deck plays itself.
Reply Quote
I was about to get onto you about using "cancer" as an insult/derogatory, then I looked it up...

noun
Pathology .
a.
a malignant and invasive growth or tumor, especially one originating in epithelium, tending to recur after excision and to metastasize to other sites.
b.
any disease characterized by such growths.
any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight.

And by many people's definition of Zoo/Rush, it fits perfectly.

As an Agglock (my term for Aggro Warlock- I use it to describe my deck that has a bit more mid-game mindset while staying a rush deck) player, you can counter rush/aggro/zoo with Taunt and board wipes. If you have issues with Aggro/Rush/Zoo, throw a few taunters in there.
Edited by InchZer0 on 6/25/2014 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, you can counter poorly played zoo with taunt and board wipes anyway.
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Sins

^ THIS
Reply Quote
"any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight."

This is pretty much the definition of being a warlock, so working as intended.
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 05:47 AMPosted by Gandziosz
06/23/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Sins

^ THIS

No, the chump little kids are the ones who whine constantly because they can't beat it. Grown ups adjust to the meta game rather than whining about it.
Reply Quote
I think Rush/Zoo is so popular because most people cant afford the Epics/Legendaries that are required for most control decks
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 08:39 AMPosted by BigAl
I think Rush/Zoo is so popular because most people cant afford the Epics/Legendaries that are required for most control decks

You can easily get to legendary with near free control decks. It's been shown, I've even almost done it myself (topped out at 2, couldn't get past without a TBK.)

No, the reality is quite plain that Zoolock is successful because of it being very very lenient on mistakes, and has a very consistent draw, negating bad mulliganing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]