Which first legendary to craft ?

I finally received the required 1600 dust yesterday and I'm ready to craft my first legendary ! Oh Yeah !

But which should I craft, it being understood that my main is a druid and that I'm still trying to find the right deck (best I got was level 12 so far with mid range budget deck)?

I would love to get Cenarius but being class specific, it doesn't feel like a wise 'first legendary" investment...

Ragnaros or Ysera seem like a wiser choice as I could use them in other decks too but I'm not a fan of RNG (or rather RNG hates me...).

I've also seen quite a few druids run Black Knight / Sylvanas / Hogger / Cairne / Thalnos. Those are all great cards but for a first legendary, I somehow feel like I should get a big scary card rather than a situational one (blowing 1600 dust on a 1/1 feels odd...).

Then there's the good old Leeroy :) I believe it works pretty well in a druid deck (not "rogue well" but still) and is the cornerstone of a lot of other decks (maybe I'll run a Miracle Rogue one day when I finally decide to faceroll my way to Legend).

And of course, there's Deathwing... ok I know he's not really the way to go but that's what I call a Legendary that feels legendary :) hard to resist grabbing it just to look at it while saying "My precious..." softly to my screen :)

So anyway, what do you think? Any advise is welcome!

Cheers
Reply Quote
If you're really looking for a druid legendary to craft, don't craft leeroy. Don't. No good druid decks runs it. Instead you could go for Ragnaros/TBK/Cenarius. These are all good cards for druids and, except for cenarius of course, fit in a LOT of other decks aswell and work good in this current meta. TBK is a taunt killer and Raggy is capable of killing one pesky giant the first turn, and another one the second when your opponent runs one into it.

Btw, miracle rogue is not easy to play. :P Just wanted to let that one out since you think it's a easy thing to do. I say try it out and you'll see.
Reply Quote
Hogger is bad. As a first legendary for druid depends on how would you like to develop your deck later, if you'll be going for tokens craft BK, mid range/combo druid can use Cairne, and if you wanna go for late game ramp, Rag or Ysera are prolly best choices.

e: actually, hogger for tokens kinda makes sense, but its a weak card in general, so i wouldnt craft him anyway
Edited by McBurak on 6/20/2014 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 04:31 AMPosted by Dutchfool
Btw, miracle rogue is not easy to play. :P Just wanted to let that one out since you think it's a easy thing to do. I say try it out and you'll see.

I don't want to launch a debate over Miracle Rogues in this thread but I don't think it's that hard to play (nor is it easier to play than other decks).

The only decisions you actually make with Miracle Rogue is focused on the first 4 turns. Because once you reach turn 5 and the Rogue puts down that Auctionneer, then the game is over.

The slowest Miracle Rogue I ever encountered emptied his library by turn 9 (they usually do it one turn earlier). And between turn 5 and 8/9, there was absolutely nothing I could do. I tried taunts, I tried crazy pressure (bringing one to 11 health before turn 5), I tried ramp... nothing works.

That's my only issue with Miracle Rogues actually, the fact that it kills the game on turn 5 and that immediately, one player stops playing and having fun.

But that may be a druid issue only (or even a legendary-less druid issue), I don't know. Maybe 50% of all decks actually stand a good chance against Miracle Rogues.

All I know is that I have beat Handlocks / Zoolocks / Aggro Hunters and control warriors with my mid-range deck, but I have yet to beat a single Miracle Rogue.

Anyway, so far I see that Rag and TBK are winning. Wouldn't you say that regarding those 2, Rag is useful in more situations ?
Edited by Osydius on 6/20/2014 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well to beat Miracle rogue you just have to be skilled, no offense meant, and need a few lucky draws to get rid of the auctioneer by turn 4-5, which is entirely possible. Miracle rogue is not the only deck that is capable of drawing cards. Focus on the (stealthed) auctioneer with your possible resources, once it's down you've usually won the game.

As far the debate between TBK/Rag, it really depends on your personal experience. If you encounter a lot of taunts and have trouble with them, get TBK, as Rag does need some RNG, which TBK doesn't. If you want a card to simply clear a board with strong minions however, or a 8 mana 8 damage card to the face, get Rag, as he is capable of doing that. He can also be seen as a taunt since players usually focus on taking him down. giving some of your minions more safety. It's up to you, but my personal choice was Ragnaros before TBK.
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 06:35 AMPosted by Dutchfool
Well to beat Miracle rogue you just have to be skilled, no offense meant, and need a few lucky draws to get rid of the auctioneer by turn 4-5, which is entirely possible. Miracle rogue is not the only deck that is capable of drawing cards. Focus on the (stealthed) auctioneer with your possible resources, once it's down you've usually won the game.

No offense taken, and it's true that anything is possible, but you would need VERY lucky draws to get rid of a stealthed Auctioneer as a druid on turn 5 since you need AOE or lucky RNG.

Here is a list of all combos that could indeed kill said stealthed Auctioneer as a druid on turn 5:

(i) Innervate + coin + Rag + luck;
(ii) knife juggler + Innervate + coin + 4 1/2 mana minions + luck
(iii) wild pyromancer + innervate + starfall
(iv) Tinkmaster Overspark + luck (if there are other minions)
(v) Mad Bomber + Innervate / coin + Swipe / Starfall + luck OR Mad Bomber (x2) + Innervate / coin + Youthful Brewmaster + Mad Bomber again + luck
(vi) Thalnos + Kobold Geomancer + Innervate / coin + Starfall
(vii) Thalnos / Kobold Geomancer + innervate + innervate (+ coin) + swipe (x2)
(viii) innervate + innervate + coin + Deathwing

I don't see anything else but please do feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

On average, these combos require 4 cards to work (up to 6/7 cards) and rely heavily on luck, not only from getting the perfect 4/5 cards combo at the exact right time (which is improbable enough), but also luck in some cases with RNG.

The only ones that I feel could be found in a competitive druid deck (that would otherwise work against other decks) and that would reliably kill the Auctioneer are, from my point of view:
-- wild pyromancer + innervate + starfall; or
-- Thalnos + double innervate + double swipe.

Since you'll want to pressure the Rogue, I doubt you'll have the second combo in your hand on turn 5 (and even of you do you will end up emptying your hand, giving Rogue the card advantage) so I feel the first one is more probable and more reliable.

So yes it is possible, just like the Rogue could have his 2 Auctioneer be the last two cards in his deck, but it requires much much more luck on your side than on the Rogue's side. And let's not forget he has 2 Auctioneer. If he's as lucky as you, you will have wasted 4 cards only to live one turn longer without any cards in hand against a Rogue with a full hand.
Edited by Osydius on 6/20/2014 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Every Druid decklist I find seems to run Ragnaros, so maybe that. Ysera works amazingly behind taunts, however. Both, very good 1st choice neutrals.
Reply Quote
Rag is the universal first draft unless you get him from a pack. It's a (semi)pyro blast that keeps giving. Besides druids are now running rag instead of Cena so I guess I'd suggest Rag.
Reply Quote
None. I just pushed a Druid player to the wire and he had Rag, Cenarius, Ysera, Deathwing, and Nat. Not to mention all the Epics and Rares in the Druid deck except Starfall I believe AND a Faceless Manipulator. And I was a Priest with commons and 3 Neutral rares. That player was just awful. This was in Casual mode but still.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]