The purple apple

I'm sure this has been around before, but what do you guys think of a deck like this?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/shaman#10:2;24:2;51:2;77:2;214:2;256:1;270:2;280:2;390:2;422:2;473:2;491:2;523:2;613:1;636:2;676:2;

Basically, typical overload + unbound elementals while using spells to fuel violet teachers, along with a ton of synergy with knife juggler. Bloodlust is there for the kill and shieldbearers slow down the early game and can be annoying to deal with. First turn shield, second knife, third doge can be a pretty nasty start.

I've been thinking about adding another mana tide, but it almost always seems to die after the first turn. I've also thought about seeing how well the deck runs without fire elementals and just focuses on bringing the pain as early as possible. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
I think that could work, but I'd replace Bloodlust with Auctioneer for better card cycle, if you run out of cards your aggression slows down immensely (and that's not what you want).
Apprentices + Bloodlust sounds great in theory, until you realize you were probably gonna win anyway if you use Bloodlust on more than 2 minions and go for face.

I'd also consider adding one Axe, great tool for early game board control and it's one more Overload for Unbounds.
Wild Pyro (or Thalnos, if you want safer option) can also work, it might seem counter-productive with Violet Apprentices and Squires, but that Whirlwind -effect can swing the board control in your favor (it's practically Spell Damage -boost with the options to turn Lightning Bolt into Swipe and Hex into Assassinate)... and if you pair it up with Axe, you have pretty reliable way to get rid of 3 Health minions too.

06/23/2014 06:01 AMPosted by Shafee

I've been thinking about adding another mana tide, but it almost always seems to die after the first turn. I've also thought about seeing how well the deck runs without fire elementals and just focuses on bringing the pain as early as possible. Thoughts?

At current meta I'd just forget Mana Tide entirely and pick up Gnomish Inventor. As you pointed out Mana Tide almost always dies after first Turn, might as well cough up that extra Mana for added +2/1 stats along one card draw. That stat difference in much bigger than it appears at first, Inventor doesn't get one-shotted by Fiery War Axe or Frostbolt and 2 Atk lets her take on 1-2 Mana minions.

I'd stll keep Fire Elementals, their Battlecry is way too useful to ignore. Killing 3 Health minion instantly AND leaving 6/5 on board is very cost efficient for 6 Mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]