First turn Mirror Image??

Hello fellow mages...I'm trying to get better at playing Mage and I'm often conflicted about whether or not I should play turn one Mirror Image. I'm sure the answer is 'it depends' but I was hoping for some people's opinions. I just played a rogue who dropped a Patient Assassin so I thought MI was appropriate. He backstabbed one and attacked into the other right away...and Defender of Argus making it a 2/2 I think was what tipped it for him as I couldn't recover after that. So, that's a specific example but what are your thoughts on this...not so much my specific game vs Rogue but overall. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I tend to only play Mirror Image to protect something in particular, like Azure Drakes or Thalnos or something like that. It forces opponents to use up spells to get rid of it instead of minions, if the board is relatively even. I tend to only drop Thalnos when I'm gonna cast in the same turn, but for more expensive spell buffers, they need that extra turn, you know?
Reply Quote
Generally speaking I don't play Mirror Image by itself. I usually try to play it with some synergy, i.e. to buff Mana Wyrm, or to draw an immediate Fireball from Antonidas, or to double proc Knife Juggler.

That said, if you're going up against zoo or rush and the only thing you drew to slow them down was Mirror Image, go ahead and play it.

I doubt I'd use it against a lone Patient Assassin, since Mages usually have better answers for that. The Rogue would be silly to unstealth the Assassin just to take out a Mirror Image.
Reply Quote
as freeze mage you can do it vs aggro

otherwise its not a good idea.
Reply Quote
I used to when i was new but now i rarely do unless i go second and i need to use as aggro protect.mainly use for knife juggler
Edited by GEG89 on 6/25/2014 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Vrs a beginner its can be interpreted as a win condition, so they give up. Against a seasoned player, its a strong move but not unbeatable, so the game goes on.
Edited by Auro on 6/27/2014 3:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you are playing freeze mage you should mirror image on turn 1 since they are in the deck only to staff and absorb damage, and also unclog your hand.
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 04:16 AMPosted by shaunika
as freeze mage you can do it vs aggro

otherwise its not a good idea.

what this guy said.

06/28/2014 01:14 AMPosted by Myu
If you are playing freeze mage you should mirror image on turn 1 since they are in the deck only to staff and absorb damage, and also unclog your hand.

unless you have antonidas and they are not aggro.
Edited by StarLight on 6/28/2014 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]