Idea to make Far Sight viable

What if the mana cost to cast Far Sight ignored overload, so that you could regain tempo the following turn even if you could't actually play anything(besides far site) the turn that you were overloaded.
Reply Quote
06/22/2014 11:05 PMPosted by Sigismund
What if the mana cost to cast Far Sight ignored overload, so that you could regain tempo the following turn even if you could't actually play anything(besides far site) the turn that you were overloaded.

If all far sight did was ignore overload it would be a pretty bad card. Think of this scenario.
Play (adjusted) Far sight and play Lava Burst. You'd essentially be paying 6 mana for a non-overloaded lava burst which is MORE than what you essentially pay for the overloaded cost (though it's split).

A better way to have it work would be this:

http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/display.php?image=505sCq9B&p=0
Edited by Sykomyke on 6/23/2014 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think what he is saying is that any overload you have on the turn you play far sight is ignored when you play far sight. For example, on turn 3 you have 2 mana and 1 overload. You could still play far sight because you would normally have 3 mana and far sight ignores the 1 overload you have.

My main problem with far sight is that there are so many good 1-2 cost cards for shaman that I end up drawing them most of the time and not getting full value out of far sight.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that's what I meant. This effect would be in addition to what it already does, so it would make it marginally better than what it is currently. And yes it doesn't really make sense in shaman deck anyways because of so many low cost cards.
Reply Quote
You dont need remake Far Sight. Far Sight has its place in slow meta (Naxx will probably be slow meta).
Reply Quote
Far Sight is only good in conjunction with cards like Gadgetzan Auctioneer as a way of drawing cards. You draw 2 cards, and the first card you draw costs 3 less. If that's a low cost spell, you can cast it for free and draw another card.

When the card pool is increased, it's very possible you'll see a Miracle Shaman appear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]