wild growth and nourish

hello worthy opponents, can you help me understand how to play correctly this cards?

about wild growth:

i usually don't play it on turn 2 if i have a 2 mana minion to play, is this correct?
on turn 2, if the opponent have dropped a 1-health minion, should i go for wild growth or remove it with the hero power first?
coin + wild growth is a good play?
if i draw it on turn 5-6 i usually keep it for turn 10 even if i have 2 mana left for the excess mana spell

about nourish

i think i've only played it on turn 10+ for the 3 mana draw, when do you play it for the 2 mana crystals?
Reply Quote
dont play wild growth in deck that have 2-drops in them (except for thalnos/kobold, but dont play them on turn 2). Coin only if you have 3-drop in your hand, but again, not many 3-drops in decks suited to wild growth, some people play far seer or golem, i have none.

Nourish is a pretty bad card, as you should have to ancients of lore for card draw, if you dont have them, you can use it, but only for draw - except for some extreme scenarios, when you can play it on turn 1 or 2 with some innervates, but its only worth it if otherwise you have a very top-heavy deck.
Reply Quote
You need to plan a good turn by turn action plan to know what you want to play.
Wild growth on turn 2 is good if you have a 4 mana card that you want to play (or 5 with coin).
If your turn 2 minion won't do much for board control while your turn 4 minion would then wild growth, but keep in mind what action your opponent might take the next turn.

Hero power is great, especially if your options wouldn't be capable to do more than a 1 for 1 trade.

Nourish can be used for mana in some cases, but those are rare. Think about what those mana points will be able to do for you next turn, what you can do with the -3 mana this turn and if it is worth sacrificing your nourish for that.
(I haven't tried it a lot, it didn't blow me away when I tried it.)
Edited by MjGroove on 6/20/2014 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
this is the deck i'm using (sorry for long link)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#34:2;120:1;153:2;221:2;242:1;282:2;372:1;386:2;459:2;464:2;495:1;500:2;548:2;557:2;587:2;620:2;633:2;

unfortunately i don't have thalnos and faceless manipulator that i'm going to craft asap, should i replace wild growth with something else? any other improvements i could make?
Reply Quote
I use Nourish for mana at turn 5 or before. After turn 5 it's not really worth it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Yeah, nourish isn't bad, it just competes with other good options. An innervate into nourish on turn 2 or 3 (depending on if you had coin+wg on 1) can give you an almost insurmountable advantage, especially since you can still wrath or hero power to kill something that turn, and later on 3 draws can help you fish for key cards for the matchup, especially if youbget unlucky and don't draw lores.
Reply Quote
The pros don't run Nourish, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad card. It just means it's a situational card that they don't think is worth slotting in the pro-level meta.

Bear in mind the mana crystals you get with nourish are full, not empty. So worst case scenario you get a hero power activation with it, and it then lets you drop an ironbark protector / ancient of war that much sooner. Druid has trouble with big creatures, so being able to get yours out sooner is a bigger advantage than you may think.

That being said, the pros don't run it for a reason. It costs 5, so it eats up at best half your mana that turn without directly improving your board presence. I've had games where nourish quite clearly helped win me the game, but I've also had games where nourish was just kind of a dead card in my hand. I'd put it up there with naturalize in terms of usefulness; arguably good in certain situations, but you probably only want to run 1 copy of it, if at all.
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Dimlhugion
I've had games where nourish quite clearly helped win me the game, but I've also had games where nourish was just kind of a dead card in my hand.

Indeed, that happens. Nourish can be a really awesome card, or just sit in your hand.

But I still run it.
Reply Quote
3 main rules:

1. coin wild growth if u have a 3 drop (golem ftw)

2. play on turn 2 if you have a good 4 drop (yeti ftw)

3. otherwise play when you have the option

PS I hate Nourish, I seriously dislike Nourish, it's a good card but all the times it was just useless or I got it too early just put me off to ever again play it, I just play a good card instead like an Argent or Faceless
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
06/20/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Dimlhugion
The pros don't run Nourish, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad card. It just means it's a situational card that they don't think is worth slotting in the pro-level meta.

Bear in mind the mana crystals you get with nourish are full, not empty. So worst case scenario you get a hero power activation with it, and it then lets you drop an ironbark protector / ancient of war that much sooner. Druid has trouble with big creatures, so being able to get yours out sooner is a bigger advantage than you may think.

That being said, the pros don't run it for a reason. It costs 5, so it eats up at best half your mana that turn without directly improving your board presence. I've had games where nourish quite clearly helped win me the game, but I've also had games where nourish was just kind of a dead card in my hand. I'd put it up there with naturalize in terms of usefulness; arguably good in certain situations, but you probably only want to run 1 copy of it, if at all.

Gaara ran it when he won the previous dreamhack. Massan ran a deck with 2 of them for a while.
Just as 2 examples. Nourish makes the deck more consistent, if you fail to get the wg nourish presents a third way to get the ramp going, but lowers its max potential if you get perfect draws.
Reply Quote
right now i'm rank 12, i mainly encounter hunter (buzzard/hounds), miracle rogues and aggro warlocks

i've always won against hunter and warlock but i always lose against miracle rogues, i can't find the correct way to play the match up yet, is there any way to beat'em?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]