Help me improve my aggro mage deck

This is my current deck:

http://imgur.com/aQC9tK2

Ive been having a lot of success so far with it, but Im looking for ways to make it even better. I have some doubts in lepper gnomes and wolf riders but im unsure what to replace them with.

Any suggestions? also keep in mind i dont have any legendaries or expensive cards yet, only basic and low budget cards to work with.
Edited by Lithium on 6/22/2014 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try out this one it's cheap and effective vs most opponents unless they have lots of taunts: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/45379-saturos-new-meta-aggro-mage

Instead of thalnos you can use geomancer or an extra draw cardsince draw power is really important in these kinds of decks or an extra elven archer(yes it's lame but archer + ping can kill many 2 drops).
Edited by mmofun on 6/22/2014 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hi what rank are you, i am playing aggro mage myself rank 14 currently
i need help myself, so let's exchange some info
i seem to dominate other aggro decks but getting crushed by control decks
have you gotten good results vs druids/shamans?
or do you have any decents results vs control decks in general?

here's my decklist
http://postimg.org/image/luik3puo5/
Reply Quote
why do you need 2 flamestrikes? does your game constantly go to lategame? in your favor or in theirs?
Reply Quote
2 ice lances are kindof a must in aggro
you dont need 2 flamestrikes
i'd get antonidas as fast as i can cos you wont be beating control without it any time soon.
i'd swap out at least one of the wolfriders for arcane golem.
and argent commanders are kinda high on the curve especially two of them.

the rest looks okayish but if i were you i'd play something controlish similar to trumps FTP deck cos without antonidas you'll be struggling a lot vs druids shamans and warriors.

oh and use knife jugglers :P
Edited by shaunika on 6/22/2014 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Pimpempup

I havent played much ranked because I started playing this game less than 2 weeks ago, but using this deck I went straight to 15 from 25 pretty much

Back then when I used just 1 flamestrike, Ive had many games where i really needed it and didnt get, so having 2 greatly increases my odds of having one at the right moment. It also allows me to be much more flexible on when to use it since i know i will still have the other one for a real emergency.

Maybe when i get better at this game and start winning before turn 7, ill remove them :)
Edited by Lithium on 6/22/2014 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/22/2014 01:16 PMPosted by shaunika
i'd get antonidas as fast as i can cos you wont be beating control without it any time soon.

the rest looks okayish but if i were you i'd play something controlish similar to trumps FTP deck cos without antonidas you'll be struggling a lot vs druids shamans and warriors.

I actually did have 2 ice lances just before making this thread but i ended up removing them because in half my games i had nothing left to combo them with
Reply Quote
06/22/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Lithium
06/22/2014 01:16 PMPosted by shaunika

I actually did have 2 ice lances just before making this thread but i ended up removing them because in half my games i had nothing left to combo them with

Two ice lances on the same target will give you 4 damage.

Also drop a flame strike and go with a blizzard
Reply Quote
06/22/2014 04:22 PMPosted by davelanger
06/22/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Lithium

Two ice lances on the same target will give you 4 damage.

Also drop a flame strike and go with a blizzard

thats not a good idea

he needs to clear the board not stall it.
Reply Quote
Blizzards have helped me alot with my aggro mage i use 2. They stall allowing you an extra go to line up a combo or cards you need or just eipe out a zoo deck etc
Reply Quote
Ye what others have said, you dont need FS or Blizzard. If you need to use them you have no more fire power left to finish them off. You dont need poly either imo.

Check the deck recommended by mmoFan but I havent had much success with that one but my own once is based on it.

Ive always reached Rank 4-5 with my Aggro mage

You need more card draw imo or else you will run out of gas fast. Add a loot or a coldlight oracle..

@PimEmUp If you are doing well your opponent generally will have no or just one minion on board so Arcane explosion isnt very good.

You definitely need 2X Soc Apprentice to dump out your cards like MI/AM/IceLance. Id pick WE over Yeti simply to stop Rogue/Warrior/Druids/Paladin to attack you and your minions. Especially Paladin since that 2 health heal for them is important.
Edited by StarLight on 6/25/2014 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As others already said, 2 Flamestrikes feel completely out of place. Replace them with lower mana costs. If you don't like Ice Lance, you can try with useful early minions like Harvest Golems or Faerie Dragons.
Reply Quote
What can I say, just try to be original, you are way to " I watch stream to compensate for the lack of thinking decks" style .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]