Is Token Druid a "Gimmick" Deck?

I won't deny I enjoy the token druid...when it works. And it works fairly often. What with violet teacher, two power of the wilds, force of nature/savage roar combo, removal spells etc, I get a winning combo a satisfactory percentage of the time.

But I can't help but feel that it's somewhat of a gimmick. Now I'm a new player, so I might not realize that all good decks have some "gimmick" or the other. I used to play the watcher druid which felt less gimmicky, but I also think I won less with it.

So what is the community opinion of the token druid? Does it rely any more or less on card draw than other decks out there?

Is there any such thing as a "well rounded deck" which doesn't excessively rely on card draw?
Reply Quote
A well rounded deck that doesn't rely much on card draw is obviously zoo, it's probably the best example. Another deck that doesn't require that much card draw is control warrior. But for most of the other decks a bit of luck on card draw is always involved, which is why you want some card drawing cards to get lucky!
Reply Quote
You're right I think. I'm just realizing the value of lots of card draw instead of sitting around waiting for the right ones to show up by magic.

It's still RNG, but at least I'm doing something to skew the odds in my favor...
Reply Quote
I don't know whats in your druid deck but if your looking for card draw for late game i'd advise to save up some dust for a couple of Ancients of Lore. Good for late game because if your hands low you can draw 2 cards, or if your struggling for health you get a nice 5 health heal.
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Bhagwad
But I can't help but feel that it's somewhat of a gimmick. Now I'm a new player, so I might not realize that all good decks have some "gimmick" or the other. I used to play the watcher druid which felt less gimmicky, but I also think I won less with it.

I disagree, to me Watcher is more of "gimmick" deck than Token, its success often depends on getting Watchers buffed to taunt and/or silenced to attack. You probably won less with Watcher because it is, as I said more reliant on the gimmick plays, if you have bad rng your gimmick play won't work.

While I'm still fairly new at Token, its not what I would call a gimmick deck as it doesn't depend on set plays (at least not as much as Watcher) to succeed.

06/20/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Bhagwad
So what is the community opinion of the token druid? Does it rely any more or less on card draw than other decks out there?

Like I said I'm fairly new to Token, but to me it feels less reliant on rng than Watcher and more so than say a Zoolock. From my limited experience with the deck I would say it has just the right amount of reliance on rng, enough to force thought but not enough that bad rng streaks will always destroy you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]