Trying something new, how do i make it work ?

I was trying to make a deck around injured blade master and ancestral healing instead of traditional unbounds and feral spirits midrange shaman stuff. I've figured out that with this number of cheap spells adding 2 auctioneers might be a good idea, ive added one ancestral spirit, becouse it combos well with both injured blademaster and auctioneer. Ancestral healing combos well with black knight so ive added him. Then i thought that with a lot of cycle i can add leeroy combo. I made this raw decklist :

2 ancestral healing
2 earth shock
2 lightning bolt
2 rockbiter
Argent squire
Stormforged axe
Ancestral spirit
Windfury
Thalnos
2 flametongue totem
2 hex
Earthen ring farseer
2 injured blademaster
Manatide
Defender of argus
Leeroy
Bloodlust
Azure drake
2 gadgetzan auctioneer
2 fire elemental
Black knight

How can i improve it? what should i change? I'm struggling against zoo and miracle rogue, it's like 0% winrate :D

Adding lightning storm didn't help me against zoo, it doesn't help if you have an empty board.

Against miracle i need some early pressure, but i don't know what should i replace ( i don't want to remove bloodlust or ancestral spirit which should be obvious choices, becouse they can give me wins in slower match ups.)
Edited by michalsuch on 6/25/2014 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice initiative.

When a priest gets a 4/7 on turn 2 with coin it's generally hard to handle. Same case here.

What rank are you playing this deck at and how is it going?

I think since you are going for a tempo oriented deck with a strong 3 drop, then you would be wise to have some more 4 drops as well. Either yetis, violets, gnomish or another argus.

I'd also swap a gadgetzan for another drake, but then again gadgetzan with ancestral healing cycles for free, is that your thought?
Reply Quote
Yes you can do a lot of cycling with gadgetzan and also if i'm able to ancestral spirit him against priest or warrior it's almost a free win i feel like keeping 2 is necessery, otherwise i'm out of cards too fast.

I play at legend, but in ranked i use rogue and druid. Shaman is something new for me, it is my favorite arena class though. I was trying this deck only in casual, but i also get good players there, i didn't do math, but i think it has above 50% win rates in slow match ups ( like druid or warrior or handlock( ive played against handlocks and lost, but i was super unlucky, every time 2 giants, and 1 drake in opening hand and no answers for me) and way below 50% against faster decks
Reply Quote
I'd choose either Windfury OR Bloodlust and drop the other one, my money is on Windfury simply because it's far more flexible.

I would also consider dropping Mana Tide for Gnomish Inventor, 2 Auctioneers + Drake more than makes up for MT's card draw (usually one, MT's get neutralized really fast).
Alternatively you can go with Violet Teacher as Farq pointed out, good stats for 4 Mana and potential to snowball quickly... especially if you stick with Bloodlust & 2x Flametongues.
Reply Quote
Violet teacher might work, maybe i should add totemic might and make it rely on bloodlust and cycling :D
Reply Quote

2 ancestral healing
2 earth shock
2 lightning bolt
2 earth shock
Argent squire
Stormforged axe
Ancestral spirit
Windfury
Thalnos
2 flametongue totem
2 hex
Earthen ring farseer
2 injured blademaster
Manatide
Defender of argus
Leeroy
Bloodlust
Azure drake
2 gadgetzan auctioneer
2 fire elemental
Black knight

... but i don't know what should i replace

I'd probably replace 2 of the 4 earth shocks you're using :P although I assume they're Rockbiters.

On a a more serious note, I'd probably drop Thalnos, with only 2 lightning bolts and 2 earthshocks to benefit from it, he's pretty much useless to you most of the time I pressume, other than for a card draw.
Reply Quote
Yeah maybe even loot hoarder is better in this deck, i think the only way i can benefit from thalnos is killing argent commanderfor free...

I think i should change these 4 earth shocks for 2 earth shocks, 2 rockbiters :D , although having bunch of silences is also good :P
Reply Quote
Maybe add some Ancient Watchers. You have Ancestral Healing + Injured Blademaster which is a good combo but if you don't get it, the cards are significantly weaker. Ancient watcher would be another good Ancestral Healing target, combos well with defender of argus which you have 1 of. You could even earth shock it for a 4/4 that can attack on turn 3.
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 06:35 AMPosted by Zevahcotineb
Maybe add some Ancient Watchers. You have Ancestral Healing + Injured Blademaster which is a good combo but if you don't get it, the cards are significantly weaker. Ancient watcher would be another good Ancestral Healing target, combos well with defender of argus which you have 1 of. You could even earth shock it for a 4/4 that can attack on turn 3.

I really wouldn't run Watchers without Sunfury Protectors or Defenders (or maybe Ironbeaks), by themselves they're not contributing anything to Shaman. I consider Earth Shock way too valuable to use on my own minions (especially that early) unless I'm in extremely niche spot: Unfreezing own guy, removing Paladin de-buff or stuff like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]