Is blessing of kings OP?

I play paladin, sometimes. And that card is pretty much go straight to win for me.

Blessing of kings, along with other cards which are drawn 90% of the time (such as Blessing of Might, Shattered Sun Cleric, Raid Leader, Defender of Argus) has the ability to make a 4/2 minion jungle panther (which has stealth) into at least a 8/6 on turn 4. If you can be patient and wait for turn 6, you can make him either 11/6 or 9/7 and from there just becomes ridiculously snowbally. I won my last game with a 15/8 Sen'Jin shieldmaster with divine shield. Lol. It's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
It's a great card, but it's not OP. It can be silenced, it requires a minion on the board, it puts most mobs into BGH range; there are plenty of counters.
Reply Quote
I always felt it was underpowered. It's like a slightly stronger yeti (stronger by 1 damage exactly) that can be silenced and requires setup before it can be played. If anything I'd say it should cost 3 mana or give better stats for 4 mana.

Edit; PS, I mentioned it being slightly stronger than yeti assuming you're buffing your own tokens and not a wisp. Otherwise its stats are also the same as yeti so you might as well play a yeti.
Edited by HappyFeet on 6/25/2014 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Your opponents don' play Hex, Polymorph, Sap, Equality, Deadly Shot, Execute, Siphon Soul, Shadow Word: Death or any kind of silence for that matter?
Reply Quote
It is way, way, way worse than a 4/4 minion for 4 in almost any circumstances. It can't be played without another minion on board, it can get "killed" by silence and it is much worse against things like Polymorph/Assassinate than a 4/4 minion would be because it makes you lose two cards to one.

Much like other buff cards it is actually pretty bad, rather than OP.
The only advantage over a 4/4 minion is that you kinda get 4 "charge" damage if you play it on an active minion.
Reply Quote
Kinda slow but is good in arena.
Reply Quote
Upside: if you already have a minion on board that can attack, especially divine shield one, it's a huge tempo swing. This 4/4 affects the field immediately, so it's like 4/4 charge for 4.
Downside: Extremely inefficient without a minion on the board. In this case it can be silenced without doing anything.

So, I would definitely play two in an aggro deck that reliably has creatures on the board by turn 4, but never in a control deck.
Reply Quote
It's actually weak for its cost.

1. Need a minion on the board to be immediately effective.
2. Can't dmg through taunt.
3. Can be silenced/cc'd/removed easily.
4. There are better 4 drop finishers.

Most of the time it will only survive one round.

Benefits are it baits out those silences and removals if you have a Carnie or Sylvanas in your hand.
Also keeps the opponent paranoid and wastes resources killing your footmen.
Edited by ledit0ut on 6/25/2014 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can treat it like a removal spell.

Got a 2/3 who is facing a 3/5 sen'jin? BoK it and it becomes a 6/7 which kills the sen'jin, leaving it as a 6/4.

The effect? You 'removed' the sen'jin with the BoK and it left your minion stronger than it was beforehand. If they silence it, they've used a silence and your minion is no weaker than it was before you used the spell, but their sen'jin is still gone.

Compare this to the hammer, also at 4 mana which is a 3 damage removal and draws a card.
Edited by Renideo on 6/25/2014 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It always just seems too slow.

In all my pally decks i have removed it in favor of just blessing of might. 1 less attack for 3 less mana seems like a huge value in comparison.
Reply Quote
No it's a complete fine card!
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Sisk
Your opponents don' play Hex, Polymorph, Sap, Equality, Deadly Shot, Execute, Siphon Soul, Shadow Word: Death or any kind of silence for that matter?

They don't seem to. It just seems that when my turn comes around by either turn 4 or 6, I can load up a 4/2 minion to buggery-doo and hit him for between 7-15dmg. Then after I'm done apply divine shield or a taunt. I've done it with a gurbeshi, too, damage him for 2 (to give him 8 native damage) then load him up with everything I've got and suddenly he's a 17-20dmg wee beastie that will ruin your day.
Edited by Xexanoth on 6/25/2014 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
BoK is decent, not great, but not bad it's viable in some decks, even though it can be concidered a slow card.
Reply Quote
BoK is not op at all, actually quite average. Against good decks, playing BoK makes you trade 2 for 2 most of the time (BoK+buffed minion for two minions or minion+removal/silence). Can be a decent tempo swing, but not much other than that. Still good in arena, though.
Reply Quote
This card op? are you crazy? It's not even in most decks... it's balanced at most

the cost should be reduce imo
Reply Quote
Just because a card is useful doesn't mean it is OP.
Reply Quote
great at ranks 25-16, loses alot of playability the lower you go.
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 12:39 PMPosted by HappyFeet
I always felt it was underpowered. It's like a slightly stronger yeti (stronger by 1 damage exactly) that can be silenced and requires setup before it can be played. If anything I'd say it should cost 3 mana or give better stats for 4 mana.

Edit; PS, I mentioned it being slightly stronger than yeti assuming you're buffing your own tokens and not a wisp. Otherwise its stats are also the same as yeti so you might as well play a yeti.

Wisp is a 1/1 so its still 1 dmg higher than yeti. But that's like the worst use of 2 cards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]