Matched against legendary rank zoo lock

So just got matched against a legendary rank zoo lock for the first time... guess what was different about him from a rank 20 zoo lock?

NOTHING! He played exactly the same cards, he just had the good fortune to draw both doom guards on turns 6 and 7.
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 11:59 PMPosted by Died
So just got matched against a legendary rank zoo lock for the first time... guess what was different about him from a rank 20 zoo lock?

NOTHING! He played exactly the same cards, he just had the good fortune to draw both doom guards on turns 6 and 7.

you played vs a legendary player und lost only because of bad luck.

whats the problem?
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 03:46 AMPosted by Borbarad
06/25/2014 11:59 PMPosted by Died

you played vs a legendary player und lost only because of bad luck.

whats the problem?

There is no problem, simply the realization that the zoolocks at rank 20 just didn't grind the 200 games required to get to legendary.

Strange isn't it?
Reply Quote
This is just like saying a rank 20 miracle rogues is as good as a legendary miracle rogue because they play the same decks.

You arent skilled enough to see the small differences between a high rank and a low rank Zoo player.I could explain them but seing as you are just whining its not worth the time or the free lesson you were gonna get.
Reply Quote
His point was that a rank 20 zoo player would mostly do the same moves as a legendary player. I don't know what rank 20 players are like, but I assume they do realise how to use buffs to get good trades?
Edited by Riv on 6/28/2014 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Riv
His point was that a rank 20 zoo player would mostly do the same moves as a legendary player. I don't know what rank 20 players are like, but I assume they do realise how to use buffs to get good trades?

We understood his point perfectly, we're just pointing out that he's flat out wrong and that he's too unskilled to realize the subtle differences between bad Zoo players and good Zoo players. And don't expect too much from rank 20, people there are new or really really terrible at this game as rank 20 is the first rank you actually start losing stars when you lose matches, from 25 to 20 you can't downgrade at all.
Reply Quote
Fast wins = more gold, its simply the most effective way to play as long as your gold income is only tied to wins.
Reply Quote
Can I point out that another reason for no difference other than the simple nature of the deck, is that many players at rank 20 are there on purpose to grind wins, and not because they are bad..
Edited by ChaosAE on 6/29/2014 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "many" there ChaosAE.
Reply Quote
This game take's skill?
Reply Quote
It certainly does. for example i had a really good Druid deck going but lost because i used Innervate at 10 mana, i was expecting 12 mana, but since im such a unskilled noob who has no clue about basic game mechanics i lost that game because of that reason.
Reply Quote
The difference is the legend player player plays 12 hours a day everyday, while the rank 20 zoo is a casual that plays a few hours a week.

Just goes to show how arbitrary ranks are. I love how faceroll players that beat you by top decking lethal with no board try to back up their argument that they are good by saying they are higher rank then you. When in actuality they are just batting 500 with a no thought hyper aggro deck.

If you want to grind ladder 12 hours a day by clicking on your oppents face more power to you. That is not why i play the game & it also doesnt make you a better player. I play it to try and out think my opponent and have very intelligent close games. If you don't want to think, then I'd suggest playing against the ai. You get wins much faster that way.

I honestly can't wait for naxx, and hopefully the boss's aren't braindead like every 9/10 decks you que against in the current constructed pvp mode.
Edited by DARKKNIGHT on 7/1/2014 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]