Summoning Portal+ Sea Giant

Anyone ever messed around with this combo? Dropping a Summoning Portal reduces the cost of the giant itself by 3 (2 for the portal, 1 for one more minion), so if you have the mana to drop the giant, you can drop both for 1 mana more.

I'm just curious.
Reply Quote
It's not anything special is the problem. On an empty board, you can't even play both without a Coin.

I'm sure people have messed around with it (I'm one of them), but it generally just doesn't get much in the way of results. The main benefit, is that you can play 3-cost minions for 1, which means if you're able to play the Sea Giant in the same turn, you effectively get "free" 3-cost minions (past the first, the first you only "save 1 mana" though that's still noteworthy, it's mostly because of the Giant). But that's not reliable for a number of reasons, and you're not generally going to have a terribly large hand on turn 10 if you've got that many 3-drops in your deck (or you're probably going to lose since you ceded tempo and board control).

Even then there needs to be at least 1 minion on the board first or you still won't get the Giant out as well.
Edited by Tsenzei on 7/4/2014 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]