Curse of Naxxramas Card Gallery and Updates

I rather wait long and get a proper "product", than get it soon/fast and it has a lot of bugs.
And even if those bugs are of the smallest kind, the community will complain about them!
It will (probably) never be free of bugs.. Unless someone works over-time and focuses on even the trivial ones.
It is impossible too, to predict what kind of bug/exploits players will find because they are able to invent just anything, something that nobody thought of yet!
And then again, after the content is done, testing it in so many combinations with the already released content...
It is a complex process, extremely. Going from top of the ladder to the bottom of it.
And sadly, the community is not always supportive =(
I also want Naxxramas, now, already, today! But, I do understand why it is not here just yet.

If content is announced, it is whining about "why isn't it here yet?", when it is released it is whining about "why are there bugs x or y?" or "x and y are too strong", it is _never_ good enough.
Not everyone will be happy, I guess.. But, it is about making the majority happy

No people are annoyed because blizz says something and then dont hold onto it, but w/e cant change it anyways its done when its done.
Edited by Chris on 7/1/2014 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Chris
No people are annoyed because blizz says something and then dont hold onto it, but w/e cant change it anyways its done when its done.

Things that haven't happened yet or are in development are subject to change. Nothing is meant to be an ironclad promise, because it can't be. So don't take it that way. You'll get less upset over little things like this.

I don't understand why it's taken them so long to come up with pricing. They should have had that decided upon when they first announced Naxx to begin with.

I think you are confused if you think they are still trying to decide the pricing. That they were/are ready to announce it means that it is fairly firmly decided. That it wasn't announced today most likely is not at all related to the actual prices.
Reply Quote
Props to Aratil for keeping up with answering questions and stuff here, I feel it's quite sad to see how much the posters here are !@#$%in.
We asked for an ETA for the ETA of the ETA, they provided it, but what people seem to forget is that an ETA means ESTIMATED time of arrival...it's not a sure thing, it's just an estimate.

They are trying to be more transparent and keep us updated, as per requested by us, but then you start ^-*!@in when things change? When stuff is still in development plans do change, everything doesn't always work out as they had hoped and it's most likely not because they wanna create hype or anything, it's just because they don't want to release a product that is anything less than f***king awesome! Don't you see that?

Well, now I'm the one #$%^-in about the *!@#$in on this thread, but I felt it was justified :P

Anyways, I'm soooo looking forward to Naxx, like everyone else, and I'm really hoping they wont price it too high!
If it ends up costing like more than €30 for this first expansion I'm pretty sure I will end up just playing arena and completely abandon ranked play, which again would probably lead to eventually abandoning HS in general =/
Arena is starting to get boring already and I wouldn't enjoy ranked without having the new cards to try out, but I wouldn't dish out over €30 for a minor expansion to a F2P game either...
Also the gold price will most likely be quite steep to encourage players spending real money, nothing wrong about that, but if the real money price is too steep as well then yeah....I wouldn't be a very happy monkey :P

600 gold per wing or $4.99 sounds like an okay price in my opinion, it would be a very different gold vs real money value considering packs and arena runs, but those are already overpriced for real money, please don't do the same with Naxx!
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 02:49 PMPosted by XiChorn
07/01/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Chris

Things that haven't happened yet or are in development are subject to change. Nothing is meant to be an ironclad promise, because it can't be. So don't take it that way. You'll get less upset over little things like this.

I don't understand why it's taken them so long to come up with pricing. They should have had that decided upon when they first announced Naxx to begin with.

I think you are confused if you think they are still trying to decide the pricing. That they were/are ready to announce it means that it is fairly firmly decided. That it wasn't announced today most likely is not at all related to the actual prices.

Nah they said 2 or 3 days ago they will reveal Naxxramas prices today thats what I meant.
Why give a fixxed date and then dont hold your promise? But as I said it doesnt bother me much, I just understand where the frustration from many players come from.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/01/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Steelkenny
06/28/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Mycosis
I really, really hope that the reason Naxx is taking so long to release is because they're building an infrastructure that will facilitate more rapid release of future adventures. After all, didn't they say that Naxx was at an advanced stage months ago?

Hey Blizzard, can anyone confirm this? Reading this comment pleases me, even though I'm pretty mad that it takes so long since the announcement. Will you be able to make adventures faster after Naxxramas? Or will it just take as long if you announce a new one?

Please confirm this, I'd love you!

We are currently laying a lot of the groundwork for Adventure Modes in general and intend to be able to leverage this groundwork for future Adventure Modes. This should definitely help with future Adventure Mode rollout times.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/01/2014 07:04 AMPosted by JohnKelly
When Nax hits, will we be able to replay the tutorial mode?

That's an interesting idea, but it is not currently planned as a part of Curse of Naxxramas.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/01/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Zab
How long till we actually get Nax I mean I've been hearing about this for months on end... why can't you just give us a date.

I don't know. I will let you guys know when I find out.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/01/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Slipstream
So if you guys/gals truly want to be as transparent as possible, reveal any information you have about Naxx that people have been hounding you for (the price per wing mainly)

The pricing isn't finalized yet, or else it would have been announced today.

and if anyone working on Naxx thinks it may not be out this month, you should also let us know now before the month progresses too far.

We are still targeting to release Curse of Naxxramas this month. This has not changed. If this does change, I will let everyone know as soon as I know.

That's being transparent. Being elusive and waiting a while before telling people there is going to be further delays will only cause more nerd rage.

As above, I let everyone know of the delay as soon as I knew and will do my best to continue to do so.
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 02:49 PMPosted by XiChorn
I think you are confused if you think they are still trying to decide the pricing.

07/01/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Aratil

Get ready to crack open your wallets folks, Naxxramas is going to break the bank.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 08:26 AMPosted by XiChorn
Delaying the announcement almost assuredly has absolutely nothing to do with not knowing what that pricing is. If they were ready to say they were going to announce it, they have that nailed down.

07/01/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Aratil

lul
Reply Quote
It just seems incredibly strange that you guys are launching it this month but STILL can not give us an exact date or pricing.

Maybe it's just me, but implies that you guys are scrambling frantically to get it ready.
Reply Quote
A good way to implement the Naxx golden cards would be, at least for the nine class specific, to give them once these two criteria are satisfied:
1. the player owns the regular version of the card
2. the player has reached level 60 with that class
That way we would have a reward for reaching level 60 with a card, right now it's just... pointless...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/01/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Chris
Nah they said 2 or 3 days ago they will reveal Naxxramas prices today thats what I meant.
Why give a fixxed date and then dont hold your promise? But as I said it doesnt bother me much, I just understand where the frustration from many players come from.

To be clear, what I announced was a target, which unfortunately changed.
Reply Quote
How can something be in development so long without having pricing decided do you guys just sit around browsing reddit?
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 03:57 PMPosted by Goku
How can something be in development so long without having pricing decided do you guys just sit around browsing reddit?

Pretty sure 'those guys' spend a lot of time developing the game you're playing, and the expansions you're wanting to play. You know, like developers always do?
Reply Quote
Is there are going to be a golden version of those cards ? If, yes. In which way we are going to be able to get them (from some kind of heroic mode... just wondering) ?
Reply Quote
Ok Aratil, since we didnt get the values today, can u guys show us one new card this week *-*???

By the way, tnx for all the anwsers!
Reply Quote
The problem is that we have been hearing about CoN for ages now. I mean after ALL this time, we still don't have just over half the cards, the prices nor how to get the cards (aside from class ones via class challenges and that the neutral cards are from the wings, but not which bosses)
Reply Quote
the thing that annoys me about this whole situation is the fact that college starts for me at august. I was hoping for naxxramas to release at june or early july so i could play it while i still had vacation left but looks like that's not gonna happen.
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Aratil

To be clear, what I announced was a target, which unfortunately changed.

I'm not happy about the change, but I do understand, you did give us as heads up pretty much immediately.

As others have mentioned, we have heard basically nothing about this for months, and keep hearing the same thing we've already heard...its getting a bit old.

Is there anything new at all you can give us today as we all got our hopes up for today?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]