Curse of Naxxramas Card Gallery and Updates

07/01/2014 03:57 PMPosted by Goku
How can something be in development so long without having pricing decided do you guys just sit around browsing reddit?

Same way the XBone completely changed. The leak of the high prices was real, now they are working to decide what to charge for it, and dont want to risk mega-bad press.

They obviously priced it too high, and havent come to a consensus on what it should be.
Reply Quote
They figured out what kind of profit is to be expected by the old price, chaging it and figuring the new one out would take hours, not days.
there is more to it that a price change.
Reply Quote
It would take only hours for you to gather a focus-group, schedule a time for them to come in, screen them and make them sign an NDA, demo to them the relevant scope of Naxxramus content, survey them for their reactions to various pricing tiers, compile the raw data collected into an easily read format, send it on to the accounting department which is probably busy with other jobs as well, and wait for them to get back to you with their recommendation, compile a report for the big-wigs to approve, schedule a time to get on their calendar, then in your appointment with them showcase your research and the case for the price, and get approval?

Seriously? I think you'd be hard-pressed to get that done in just a week or two, much less days, much less HOURS!

True some of that stuff (such as the focus group surveys) might be re-usable from whatever they did for the first price (assuming they even came up with a first price!) but they would still have to go back to the accounting department, wait for them to get back, get on the big-wig's calendar, present their case, etc.
Edited by Shivore on 7/2/2014 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Aratil
I know how much people love to whine on forums and decided to pop in just to say thanks for keeping us updated. Just looking forward to seeing it and the meta shift :3
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Aratil
07/01/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Chris
Nah they said 2 or 3 days ago they will reveal Naxxramas prices today thats what I meant.
Why give a fixxed date and then dont hold your promise? But as I said it doesnt bother me much, I just understand where the frustration from many players come from.

To be clear, what I announced was a target, which unfortunately changed.

So here is and idea... Instead of waiting to tell everyone it changed till the day of, Why not let everyone know before? And lets be real you all know what you WANT to charge, You just don't know how well it will go over hence you're shy to pull the trigger.
Reply Quote
Blizz totes needs to release a CEO Simulator for occasions like this. Sophisticated AI would determine whether your release and pricing schedule would have led to more profit and greater customer satisfaction.

The Deluxe Edition would include a really comfortable armchair from which to run the company. And wings.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
07/02/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Circe

So here is and idea... Instead of waiting to tell everyone it changed till the day of, Why not let everyone know before? And lets be real you all know what you WANT to charge, You just don't know how well it will go over hence you're shy to pull the trigger.

06/30/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Aratil

I posted regarding the delay as soon as I knew, which was also on a Saturday. I could have waited to post on Monday.
Reply Quote
@Shivore
I assumed they wouldn't need do the whole process with the focus-group again.
However, you are right, the whole accounting department matter takes more than just a few hours.
I still think the price alone can't slow them down this much.
Game developement involves a lot of setbacks and failures, it can take days to find simple errors, and especially a game like hearthstone where balanced cards are important takes a lot of fine tuning, if one card gets changed, others will probably need to be changed as well and before you even realize it, nearly every cards needs an adjustment.
Edited by Nothin on 7/2/2014 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Eisley
The leak of the high prices was real, now they are working to decide what to charge for it, and dont want to risk mega-bad press.

They obviously priced it too high, and havent come to a consensus on what it should be.

I like the other blind, baseless conspiracy theory better. The intentionally leaked prices that were twice as high as they meant to release and now they're seeing where in the middle they want to price it. :P
Edited by gamecreator on 7/2/2014 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Here's another idea: why not stop posting accusations and wild guesses without any basis in fact?
Edited by gamecreator on 7/2/2014 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/02/2014 03:23 AMPosted by whynot

What changed that caused the delay in revealing pricing?

There have been quite a few questions regarding this, so I'm going to try my best to answer it here.

Adventure Mode is a completely new thing for us; in fact, Hearthstone itself is still quite new. There are a lot of factors to consider when determining pricing and we want it to feel accessible to newer players as well as obtainable by players who do not wish to spend real money. This requires not only a lot of research on our part, but also a lot of back and forth on what could work and what won't. In fact, it took us a while to even determine that we wanted to separate the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Mode into different wings.

With that said, when I originally announced that we were targeting to announce Naxxramas pricing details on July 1st, I did not realize that we were still going through one last round of internal review regarding the pricing details, so you can definitely blame that one on me. We're close though!
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Aratil
There have been quite a few questions regarding this, so I'm going to try my best to answer it here.

Adventure Mode is a completely new thing for us; in fact, Hearthstone itself is still quite new. There are a lot of factors to consider when determining pricing and we want it to feel accessible to newer players as well as obtainable by players who do not wish to spend real money. This requires not only a lot of research on our part, but also a lot of back and forth on what could work and what won't. In fact, it took us a while to even determine that we wanted to separate the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Mode into different wings.

With that said, when I originally announced that we were targeting to announce Naxxramas pricing details on July 1st, I did not realize that we were still going through one last round of internal review regarding the pricing details, so you can definitely blame that one on me. We're close though!

Thanks for the transparency. I think most of us just want to know the price so we can 1) save enough gold by the time it is released or 2) turn some excess gold into cards if we've been saving for a while.
Reply Quote
I have about 3000 gold saved up ....... is that enough?
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 02:38 PMPosted by Doomwraith

Me too - 3k per region, 9k total. I'd love to hear that it will be less and turn some into packs.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Kokotka

06/30/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Aratil

I posted regarding the delay as soon as I knew, which was also on a Saturday. I could have waited to post on Monday.

I can eat my words from time to time. So I was wrong. I'm sorry.
Reply Quote
You gotta admire the holy patience of Aratil.
Respect, dude.
Reply Quote
This is one of the perils of digital distribution. If we accessed Hearthstone via retail outlets, they wouldn't have the room to be this irresponsible or this cavalier about their customers, some of which have poured a great deal of money into this game.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Dushku
This is one of the perils of digital distribution. If we accessed Hearthstone via retail outlets, they wouldn't have the room to be this irresponsible or this cavalier about their customers, some of which have poured a great deal of money into this game.

Ha! I disagree. Big gaming companies (that release physical copies or are more "AAA" than Blizzard but also release digital products) do this a lot. EA, Ubisoft, Konami? They all do pretty crappy things.

And whoever it was that made Aliens: Colonial Marines. I hated that company so much I literally forget who they are...
Edited by EcnoTheNeato on 7/2/2014 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 02:38 PMPosted by Doomwraith

And how newcomer will be able to afford 3k price for Naxx?
Yes ofc it's enough
Reply Quote
As a for-profit company, Blizzard's perfect situation would be that everyone would want to pay for it. This includes newcomers. So I think the goal would be to have some be able to afford it via gold in a reasonable amount time and others to not have the patience and just buy it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]