Curse of Naxxramas Card Gallery and Updates

No. You can't access the game without internet, afaik.
Reply Quote
Pricing seems reasonable.
Don't care about golden cards.
Excited to see the expansion.

Nice work so far.
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 12:16 PMPosted by RealGambler
QUESTION: After you unlock a wing, will we be able to play Naxxx adventure mode without being connected to the server/internet?

lol
And how would you log into bnet server without internet then? Telepathically...
Reply Quote
@Blizz
Are we gonna have different music in Naxx?
Something more terrifying maybe :)
Reply Quote
Would it be possible to add a chance of Golden Naxxramas Cards to Expert Packs? At least that way they'd act like all the other cards after you unlocked them.
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 12:48 PMPosted by InsaneKiller
No. You can't access the game without internet, afaik.

07/10/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Lizzard
QUESTION: After you unlock a wing, will we be able to play Naxxx adventure mode without being connected to the server/internet?

lol
And how would you log into bnet server without internet then? Telepathically...

You're obviously not programmers!!! I know you cannot play the game NOW without the internet connection, but my question is: Will we be able to play the wing (after you bought the entry online FIRST), without an internet connection when Naxx will come out. The whole game is 1.6 gig actually on our computer. 1gig is data, but 600meg is a lot of code. Since you technically play against some AI and not against an online opponent, there's a small possibility that we could play the wing without being connected at all, as long again, as you paid for wings ahead of time, like any normal game when you play against the AI. It would also unload the server. So, again, possibility is very slim, but it's there, that's why I asked! It would be very nice because you could buy the whole package (all the wings) and do it when you're not connected. Once you connect again, your wins would simply be uploaded to the server. Question is legit, even if I know that the chance are very slim that it will be possible, sadly.

P.S.: If that would work, I would definitively buy the whole package with $ to unlock all the wings, instead of using gold, so it would somehow bring a bit more money to Blizzard. I'm sure other would appreciate it too.
Edited by RealGambler on 7/10/2014 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 02:54 PMPosted by RealGambler
You're obviously not programmers!!!

I did programming

07/10/2014 02:54 PMPosted by RealGambler
Since you technically play against some AI and not against an online opponent, there's a small possibility that we could play the wing without being connected at all, as long again, as you paid for wings ahead of time, like any normal game when you play against the AI. It would also unload the server. So, again, possibility is very slim, but it's there, that's why I asked! It would be very nice because you could buy the whole package (all the wings) and do it when you're not connected. Once you connect again, your wins would simply be uploaded to the server.

All data is stored in the server including your cards,hero levels and even finished tutorial. It's highly unlikely Blizz will change this and make Hearthstone playable offline especially since you won't be able to access all your cards. Allowing for card collection to be stored in your computer will let others to access code and unlock all cards
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/10/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Lizzard
@Blizz
Are we gonna have different music in Naxx?
Something more terrifying maybe :)

Yes, there will be new music with Naxxramas!
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I have to ask, as it just occur to me that in the next couple of months, I'll be away in the wood for a some time, without any internet access or cellular data, so it would be nice if I could still play/finish a wing during those rainy days when I'll be locked up in a tent!

My educated guess say no, but hey, just in case it's yes, I have to know as I'll bring an Ipad with me! (And yes, I can still charge it in the wood!). Need to know soon as one of those no internet week is coming!

An internet connection will be required to play Curse of Naxxramas.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/10/2014 08:59 AMPosted by REAV3R
Zeriyah,

I have a question that I don't think has been asked or answered yet. (Maybe it has)

Will the new Naxxramus board be available in Ranked and Arena once Naxxramus comes out (or at some point afterwards)

Once I finish Naxx and go back to Arena and Ranked, it would be nice to play on more then the same 4 boards :)

The Naxxramas board will only be playable while playing the actual Curse of Naxxramas adventure.
Reply Quote
Aratil,

Are you guys considering making Gold Naxx cards available as rewards in Heroic mode?
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
07/10/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Aratil
Zeriyah,

I have a question that I don't think has been asked or answered yet. (Maybe it has)

Will the new Naxxramus board be available in Ranked and Arena once Naxxramus comes out (or at some point afterwards)

Once I finish Naxx and go back to Arena and Ranked, it would be nice to play on more then the same 4 boards :)

The Naxxramas board will only be playable while playing the actual Curse of Naxxramas adventure.

That's actually quite disappointing to me.:( I was hoping to see it in the rest of the game. Can I ask what the reason behind that is? Is it an arachnophobia thing or some other reason?
Edited by Jagos on 7/10/2014 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80% of the posts in this thread is about negative feedback for the golden cards and how to acquire them.

But it seems Aratil is dodging them for some reason.
When there's so many posts on 1 subject and pretty much everyone agrees, at least give us a sign that this community feedback is being passed along to the appropriate persons.
Edited by Gogeta on 7/10/2014 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 06:36 PMPosted by Gogeta
80% of the posts in this thread is about negative feedback for the golden cards and how to acquire them.

When there's so many posts on 1 subject and pretty much everyone agrees, at least give us a sign that this community feedback is being passed along to the appropriate persons.

I think you need to let it go. Giving out golden cards to anyone who can watch a YouTube video guide on how to beat Naxx in Heroic mode isn't going to happen. Golden cards from Naxx are going to require a big investment of time and/or money, just like all the other golden cards.
Reply Quote
Zeriyah,

That's a bummer, seems like since the Naxx cards will appear in arena the Naxx board ought to be one of the random boards you get. :(

Ah well, I'll still get Naxx... once it's out. :)
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Runix
07/10/2014 06:36 PMPosted by Gogeta

I think you need to let it go. Giving out golden cards to anyone who can watch a YouTube video guide on how to beat Naxx in Heroic mode isn't going to happen. Golden cards from Naxx are going to require a big investment of time and/or money, just like all the other golden cards.

Leveling up your Hero gives you golden cards too, thats not that hard to do either, isnt it? Since Naxx cards are soulbound (same as basic set ones), Golden versions should be offered as a reward. Very disappointed with Blizzards decision on this one.

I hope they will listen to the community.
Edited by Maxaros on 7/10/2014 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Aratil
An internet connection will be required to play Curse of Naxxramas.

Thanks Aratil, I guess that when I'll be away, thanks to you, I'll simply have to climb on the highest mountain and see if I can get a signal on my cell phone then! Cannot be happy without Hearthstone for too long... Though, now that I know that, I can probably predict the official Naxx release day exactly... It will most than likely happen WHEN I'll be away and unable to get some internet! :) First camping trip is next week, so Naxx will likely be released next tuesday! :) :) :)
Reply Quote
Zeriyah,

Question: Are objects around of Naxxramas board breakable? :P
Reply Quote

Of all the things I've heard over the past few days about naxx this disappoints me the most. Honestly I love the different boards, they do add to the games and an extra one would be really nice.
Reply Quote

I can't say that I care very much about the different game boards, but this seems weird to me. It would be so easy and reasonable to do and it would make Naxx a little bit more immersive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]