Zoolock VS Handlock: How do they compare?

Considered by many to be two of the most overpowered decks in the game, what happens when they fight?

How does a Zoolock deck beat a Handlock deck?

How does a Handlock deck beat a Zoolock deck?

As a recent Zoolock player, I find the matchup to be a crapshoot.
Reply Quote
I find that Handlock is advantaged, generally speaking. Large/early taunts, and several strong AoE cards can make it difficult for Zoo to make favorable trades or even go for a more offensive strategy.
Reply Quote
Hopefully both players stroke out and die.

Sorry. Salty night.
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 11:32 PMPosted by RickSlabjaw
Hopefully both players stroke out and die.

Sorry. Salty night.

When you get to the point you wish for players to die, maybe take a break?

*shrug*
Reply Quote
If handlock gets taunts early enough, he wins. If not, zoo wins. Drawing shadowflame at the right time can also help, but not so much against divine shields.
Reply Quote
It depends entirely on the Handlock's draws really. Double Molten Giant + Sunfury Protector is pretty much GG for Zoo. Hellfire and Shadowflame are also quite powerful.

That being said, this is the most frustrating match in the game as a Handlock. Sitting there getting owned by Zoo, knowing that the game is yours if you just draw one of 8 different cards in your deck and never seeing them gets really irritating.
Reply Quote
I hate playing vs Zoo on my handlock, even when I get my hell fire or shadow flame by turn 5, it doesn't help at all if they drop 2xknife juglers, and yeh geting done by turn6 isnt ideal
Reply Quote
Play handlock if i get molten and sunfry by turn 6 i generally win if not i lose to zooi find hellfire good but not shadowflame against zoo because if they smart they clear so you got nothing to shadowflame and turn 2 watcher and sunfry turn 3 good against zoo
Reply Quote
06/29/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Zoid
That being said, this is the most frustrating match in the game as a Handlock.

Really? It might not come up as often, but I find Aggro Mage to be far more frustrating personally. 8/8 taunts don't do much against fireballs to the face. Well, for me, there seem to be a lot of decks which are more frustrating to play against as Handlock than Zoo...

*shrug*

YMMV.
Reply Quote
06/29/2014 09:40 PMPosted by Tsenzei
06/29/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Zoid
That being said, this is the most frustrating match in the game as a Handlock.

Really? It might not come up as often, but I find Aggro Mage to be far more frustrating personally. 8/8 taunts don't do much against fireballs to the face. Well, for me, there seem to be a lot of decks which are more frustrating to play against as Handlock than Zoo...

*shrug*

YMMV.

Aggro Mage beats you the way their deck is designed to do, whereas if I lose to a Zoolock it's because MY deck wasn't working anywhere near as intended. For me anyway, it's much more frustrating to know that the game is mine if I can just pull a Hellfire, Molten Giant, Defender of Argus or Sunfury Protector and not see any of them.
Reply Quote
As long as you dont get shafted by draws handlock will always win.
I once beat zoo on turn 8 due to drawling all 3 of my board clears.

I find mage and paladin faceroll decks to be the hardest matchups for handlock.( besides the obvious shaman problem) Mage litterally just kills you with spells, and paladin just hits your face with 1drops and truesilver then when you finally stabilize they just slam down equality trade their minions and redraw their whole hand back with divine favor.

Why the hate for handlock tho? Its one of the hardest decks to play well. And on top of that, the current faceroll meta its pretty hard to win any games with it.
Reply Quote

I find mage and paladin faceroll decks to be the hardest matchups for handlock.( besides the obvious shaman problem) Mage litterally just kills you with spells, and paladin just hits your face with 1drops and truesilver then when you finally stabilize they just slam down equality trade their minions and redraw their whole hand back with divine favor.

Why the hate for handlock tho? Its one of the hardest decks to play well. And on top of that, the current faceroll meta its pretty hard to win any games with it.
Reply Quote

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]