Naxx patch paladin build brainstorm thread

Hello fellow paladins,

I believe that as of now, we can kind of start serious speculations regarding CoN builds that might rise when we finally get to grab the naxx shinies! I'm going to include the cards from the latest naxx leak as it was most likely engineered by blizzard to compensate for the lack of card releases in the period between last class card and pricing reveal.

So what's your view on the resurrection of old redemption build, now that feugen and stalagg are going to be some of the strongest midrange creatures ingame?

It feels like it might sort of work, not to mention secrets value increases due to them being secrets again(when stacking Avenge, NSF and Redem actually becomes a thing, our secrets are going to be somewhere on pair with hunter ones when it comes to their secrecy)

Also I'm hyped for dancing swords in buff-heavy midranges, where buffing those will make the so overpresent soon silence stacking less valuable due to deathrattle loss.

Not to mention nerubian egg in aggro.
Edited by Quintasrs on 7/1/2014 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Rattledin!

Think ya know where im goin with that deck title!!

but i said too much need keep my special snowflake deck tech secret :P
Reply Quote
Naxxramas will not solve paladin's current problem..

Hammer of wrath and guardian of kings are great cards but overpriced.

For 7 mana, a card needs 15 (= 2x7 + 1) stats. Guardian is a 5/6 (= 11). That means 6 healing, which cant even be targetted to a minion, costs 4 mana?
Guardian needs to be a 6/7 body, or cost 6 mana.
or it needs to stay a 5/6 with 6 healing but it should draw a card to make up for the 7 mana cost.

Hammer needs to cost 2 or 3 mana to make it more attractive to use.
Make it 2 mana, 3 damage and draw a card if it kills a minion.
Frost bolt, Wrath, lightning bolt, those all cost 2 mana with a special effect.
Hammer of wrath costs 4 mana for 3 dmg, its bad.

that pathetic secret we got as naxx class card just sucks as much as the other secrets.

On top of that, paladins has a bad hero power in constructed, while its nice in arena.

all other classes hero power do something the turn it's played, mage/rogue/druid immediatally do 1 damage to ping divine shields or kill a minion.
Shamans totems are usefull the turn they are played.
Warrior hero power is a bit passive but its perfect for their control playstyle and shield slam.
priests hero power helps him to trade much more efficient with their minions.

warlock is OP.
huntard is also passive but it suits their aggro playstyle.

Paladins 1/1 recruits do nothing most of the time.

A nice change to paladins hero power would be: give your hero 1 attack and heals it for 1 hp after attacking.
It would still be a weaker version of druid since armor > hp, but it would be much more usefull.

Or it could be:
give a minion a random buff (+1 hp or +1 dmg or divine shield), if no friendly minion on the board, then summon a 1/1 recruit.

It would be much more fun then our current hero power which is crap in constructed.
Edited by Glennn on 7/2/2014 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Paladin control will just get slaughtered even more since there aren't any good neutral silences and there are no class specific silences for pally, it'll make our Zoo matchup even more dreadful considering the egg gets killed by Consecrate, and there will be even more annoying minions to deal with. Paladin aggro I honestly could care less about because I hate playing it and against it
Reply Quote
Deathrattles are neat and all, but the whole deathrattle deck idea is kind of gimmicky because you rely heavily on redemption. If you don't draw that and/or they play around it and bring back something crappy (like our oh so great hero power token) then it might as well be any other class playing a deathrattle deck.

And actually, Shamans do it better because of their new card Reincarnate plus the old Ancestral Spirit. 4 mana to turn Cairne into 2 Cairnes and a Baine. If you have Baron then you get an extra Baine. Then you get 2 more Baines out of the Cairnes, 4 if you have Baron. Or you can turn a Sylvanas into 2 Sylvanas and an enemy minion, etc.

Edit: And the new pally secret is just about as awful as the others, too. If they use a board clear to wipe all your minions at once, it does nothing unless you had a Harvest Golem or Nerubian Egg out and I'd assume that in order for the minions they make to come out before the secret pops you'd have to have played the Golem/Egg before you played the secret. If you only have one minion for them to kill, it does nothing. If you have no minions, it's a dead card. If you topdeck it, it's a dead card. If they use a removal on the minion that gets buffed, it can be a 2 for 1 just like BoM or BoK.
Edited by Omega8Trigun on 7/2/2014 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a feeling we will refer to the "pre-Naxx" Hearthstone at the only chance Paladins had to reach Legendary. Unless the non-class specific cards help Paladins in some way, Naxx seems to help all the other classes except Paladins.
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 11:54 PMPosted by Glennn

On top of that, paladins has a bad hero power in constructed, while its nice in arena.

[/quote]

I would rather have the Paladin hero power then the Priest hero power. Putting a minion on the board means the opponent has to deal with him eventually (considering the threat of Paladin's buff). Most of the time, the Priest's hero power is useless until, at least, turn 3.
Reply Quote
The new secret is not crap. Blizzard has confirmed it will not fizzle out if you only have 1 minion and it dies. The secret will only trigger when a minion dies and there is still a friendly minion left to receive the buff.

I believe pally aggro will be stronger than pally control in naxx (based on the cards we know about).
Decks like zoo are so tough already, when they start running the egg it will be a nightmare to deal with.
Reply Quote
Blizzard always bashed the Paladin and i know what i am talking about, played Pally at Vanilla WoW.

Tirion Fordring is Useless comparatively to other Class. It s pointless and anoying and frustrating !

And whe he died, we got a 5 weapon dmg 3 times, but if you had a previously Truesilver one you ll lose it !!!

Shame on Pallys :(
Reply Quote
Don't forget Kel himself. "At the end of the turn summon all friendly minions who died this turn". Cannot wait for him.
Reply Quote
07/07/2014 12:38 AMPosted by Matos
Blizzard always bashed the Paladin and i know what i am talking about, played Pally at Vanilla WoW.

Tirion Fordring is Useless comparatively to other Class. It s pointless and anoying and frustrating !

And whe he died, we got a 5 weapon dmg 3 times, but if you had a previously Truesilver one you ll lose it !!!

Shame on Pallys :(

Why would you play truesilver the turn before you expect tirion to die...
Its like saying truesilver is bad because if you previously had truesilver, you'll lose it.
Edited by Riv on 7/7/2014 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]