How do I beat zoo?

Please help me. I can't take it anymore.
Reply Quote
Make a zoolock. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 11:51 AMPosted by kurie726

I'd prefer to keep my pride.
Reply Quote
use taunts
Reply Quote
taunts, heal, giants - control decks tend to have counters to zoo :)
Reply Quote
AOE, my friend.... AOE ;)
Reply Quote
AoE cards and AoE combos (the prevalance of Zoolocks is one of the reason why many decks now carry a Wild Pyromancer or two) and taunts. You also need a few early removal cards (minor damage spells and low cost charge minions are good).

If you don't play a class that can heal themselves easily, make sure you pack a couple of Earthen Ring Farseers as well (and maybe pack a couple anyway even if you do).
Reply Quote
cant believe you nabs still complaining about zoo lock, its easiest deck to beat. well timed aoe, big taunts= bye zoo,
Reply Quote
Any decent deck beats zoo. If you can't beat it, you need to improve your decklist.
Reply Quote

06/30/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Nargannon

Actually, that's a good advice, as playing a deck helps you see how people beat it. If you want to play better, play as many different decks as you can afford.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Dissentient

06/30/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Nargannon

Actually, that's a good advice, as playing a deck helps you see how people beat it. If you want to play better, play as many different decks as you can afford.

I see what you mean. Maybe I will run zoo for a while then :)
Reply Quote
I made a Priest deck that handles Zoo very well. Key cards to have are Shadow Madness, Shadow Word: Pain, Cabal Shadow Priest and of course Holy Nova. Thoughtsteal is also helpful, since you will usually steal 2 cheap minions which are good for countering cheap minions. And Preist is a good class against Zoo because healing makes it harder for Zoo to kill quickly before it runs out of steam.
Reply Quote
Priest generally has very positive winrate against zoo because of Auchenai+CoH and pyromancer combos.
Reply Quote
Just a warning thought steal might be good against zoo, but when you steal the murloc warleader do not play him when the opponent has a murloc hoard on the board! It's 2/1 all murlocs.

Though I appreciated the funnies.
Reply Quote
Mage freeze.
Any druid deck with 10 taunts.
Priest (with wild pyro/soulpriest).

Miracle has a very good chance too, you won't be able to kill him before auctioneer turn as long as he doesn't hesitate to drop some spells, and he can just clean up all your mess once auctioneer is up. It can be close, but there's no way you can topdeck him to death.
Handlock HAS to draw taunts/shadowflames AND moltens/watchers, otherwise he's dead. Once taunts are up, just quit.

Just a warning thought steal might be good against zoo, but when you steal the murloc warleader do not play him when the opponent has a murloc hoard on the board! It's 2/1 all murlocs.

Zoo and murlock are different decks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]