Lots o' Rush Zoo

Started late in the season so only got to rank 11. Started at Rank 21 or 22 I think. Facing quite a bit of Zoo. I have been using my Handlock. Jesus is that a terrifying match up. 4 health on turn 4 with with a single Molten Giant and the enemy with an empty board. "Please don't have a Soulfire, please don't have a Soulfire." Certainly very fun.
Reply Quote
I am still learning Zoo and I am terrible at it. I did make it to Rank 15 last season which was good for me since I just started playing in June. I feel like if I don't have a legendary card in my back pocket I can't get anywhere.
Reply Quote
zoo is everywhere now, not only lock, but every class, just rushing, just try to wait for the best timing to aoe
Reply Quote
Handlock is heavily favored against zoo.

And zoo is not that bad. At least it's a board control deck, not facesmash aggro.
Reply Quote
There's nothing good or bad about how you play zoo, it's pure card vomit.

Mulligan for your favourites low costies... then proceed to vomit cards on the board until one player wins.

If no one has won yet, draw more, vomit more.
Reply Quote
07/05/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Died
There's nothing good or bad about how you play zoo, it's pure card vomit.

Mulligan for your favourites low costies... then proceed to vomit cards on the board until one player wins.

If no one has won yet, draw more, vomit more.

This, hearthstone is just a complex game.
Reply Quote
There's a little more to it than that: knowing when to trade, when not to trade, what to use to trade, etc. Respect your opponents, and try and figure out what they might have/be going for and, if possible, play with that in mind. There's less to consider with Zoo than a more reaction-based deck like Handlock, but that's more due to the relatively homogenous nature of the deck (comparatively speaking).
Reply Quote
Zoo isn't rush...
Reply Quote
Ofc it is rush. You need to control the board but still, zoo is rush deck and i cri evrytim when people call it control deck.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 04:03 AMPosted by Gandziosz
Ofc it is rush. You need to control the board but still, zoo is rush deck and i cri evrytim when people call it control deck.
Because it is a control deck. The playstyle is exactly like of control decks, the only difference is low mana curve and less spells. You don't go for face with zoo unless you control the board completely.
Reply Quote
When I go for board control with other decks I take out minions I consider "dangerous" and ignore the less threatening ones. Sort of a balance between face and board. Does that not work with zoo? Do you pretty much have to kill everything on the board even if it's a bad trade? I mean, that seems to be my biggest aversion, my minions in zoo seem to have better numbers than theirs, so I hate killing a 2/1 with my 3/2 for example.
Reply Quote
If all trades you can make are bad, and you are not afraid of things your opponent might do with that minion, you can go for face. Apply common sense. Just don't be greedy.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 04:03 AMPosted by Gandziosz

Zoo is not a control deck per say but it's certainly playing the control game, at least against other aggro decks. Zoo is a classic mid-range deck, not an aggro deck nor a control deck. Saying Zoo is a rush deck makes my cry just as much as it makes you cry when people say Zoo is a control deck. Neither you nor the people you're criticizing seem to know what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
When i play against zoo i always BM at the end. Such a pathetic deck.
Reply Quote
Zoo is fun to play. I never minded facing it either, at least you have significant counter play unlike miracle and freeze. People just get mad that their dust advantage is negated and they can't stall the game out to drop the big guys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]