07/02/2014 11:44 PMFirst I will state I'm not legend rank material or anything, so any advice I give is to be taken with a grain of salt. I do understand a lot of the theory crafting behind the game and such. Also, being your deck, you know why/how you use certain cards and why they're valuable to you. I can only speak from my perspective.
Posted by Khal
With that said, 2 things literally jumped out at me right away. Your lack of 3 cost cards and high count of 1 cost cards.
I'll go in order.
Humility isn't super useful. It's great if you have no answer to something like a Rag except running all your minions into it, otherwise it will often sit in your hand unused. Aldor Peacekeepers will eventually replace this for you (as it did for me).
Eye for an Eye I would replace. Too easy to counter and there's other cards that will get you better results more often.
Youthful Brewmasters can be great when combo'ed with your 1 drops or Wolfriders, but if you're going for an aggresive deck they slow you down as well.
Wolfriders are basically a Hammer of Wrath that stays on the board if used against a hero but die to anything else.
Abomination I have mixed feelings on. It can be great against rush decks, but is prone to silence.
Gurubashi Berserker can work, but I feel there are better options and it's also prone to silence.
The bad thing about Lord of the Arena is that late game it's easy to kill with only 5 health.
Not that all of the above are bad, but I'll assume you don't have a lot of packs acquired, so here's some basic card recommendations that will most likely help:
1) Chillwind Yeti. 4 Mana 4/5. Great stats for it's cost, and probably one of (if not) the best commons.
2) Shattered Sun Clerics. Works great with tokens and other creatures and can throw your opponent a nice curveball for what they were planning next round.
3) Hammer of Wrath I would recommend for new player decks. A good damage ability with card draw (which you don't have).
In the end, I'd definitely look at getting a few more 3 drops and some of the above suggestions into your deck while trying to maintain a mana curve you're comfortable with. For 2 drops I often use Acidic Swamp Ooze. Looking at the common 2 drops, in your case 1 Ooze and 1 Youthful may be best.
Just my 2 cents which I'm sure if people disagree with they'll correct me.
Any and all criticism is welcome. It gives me ideas what to try out. Somethings that have worked for others which i can implement and do test builds.
Humility is my life saver against those buffed high damage cards, then i can feed my Gurubashi berserker with that 1 / * how ever much health it has but i will definitely try out Aldor Defender.
I don't have many cards, i am only like lvl 180 (combining all decks). Lvl 33 on Paladin
Eye for an Eye - ya i think you are right, it really is useless. Max it has done for me was a 2 damage reversal, countered easily.
Brewmasters i kind of need for this build, 2 brewmasters = a +6 heal turning into a +18 heal (to survive bursts). People that throw 1 - 2 legendaries usually end up fighting me until they have no cards left. I have a 50% win rate against them. People with 3 legendaries i have 0% win rate. Just too much dps, i would need legendary healing cards.
Lord of the Arena - ya i should look into fixing that one a 6/5 is too low of a defense for the cost.
I could swap wolfriders for Hammer of Wrath.
Abomination - is kind of clutch. ya it's weak if silenced but it saved me SOOOOO many times against rush decks. It's like a 3rd aoe board clear.
Had a match yesterday against a dude that had 2 health, i had 3 health with Abomination on the field. He had Alexstrasza (i think this was the one) on the field. He basically killed himself. Abom is very clutch.
Ya i am trying to go more for control, but i will take some of your advice on some of the the things and test it out. Thank you so much.
- Eye is gone now, i agree.
- I have 200 dust but been saving for Lay on Hands lol :( which is an eternity.
- i will test out using something other then Voodoo Doctor
- Wolfrider is being switched
- Abom is my kind of clutch defense against a zerg (i wouldn't drop it when i have * / 1 or 2 defense minions on the board.
- you might be right with Gurubashi berserker ( i am not getting it's full benefit).
- I am so reluctant at dropping taunt cards (they are my first line of defense to control) but i will definitely test some things out.