Handlock with Darkscale Healer

Anyone try this out? It's actually surprisingly useful. It heals you and gives your giants more health after trading, putting them out of range of various things.

It's been surprisingly useful.

For the record, this comes from my tendancy to always looking for underused cards in constructed that can do well in certain decks.
Reply Quote
Never even thought about it. On paper, looks pretty good. Helps giants recover from AOE and helps taunts stand a little longer.

Do you have a decks list with it in it to share?
Reply Quote
06/27/2014 11:29 PMPosted by SSJRanulf
Never even thought about it. On paper, looks pretty good. Helps giants recover from AOE and helps taunts stand a little longer.

Do you have a decks list with it in it to share?

I have one that's more experimental where I cut situational things like mortal coil and thalnos with a lot more minions. It's actually kind like ramp druid, and this is the type of handlock where darkscale healer actually shines.

Anyways, my current primitive test list:

Soulfire x2
Ancient Watcher x2
Sunfury Protector x2
Earthen Ring Farseer x2
Shadowflame x2
Defender of Argus x2
Leeroy Jenkins
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Twighlight Drake x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Faceless Manipulator x1
Siphon Soul x2
Sunwalker x2
Mountain Giant x2
Molten Giant x2

Overall I just made it extremely tanky so that it's like trying to tear through a concrete wall, and even if you do tear through one wall, you face molten giants.

I might even cut leeroy faceless combo since it seems to be so unneeded here. Eventually your opponents just run out of answers to your minions and you win.
Reply Quote
This is nice for my Jarahandlock! wonder how it will do vs Zoo : /
Reply Quote
EDIT:

Put Leeroy back in because he can finish games so quickly. So far this method seems to work, since you do basically win an attrition war, but you also have an incredibly fatal finisher combo, making the deck able to win in several dimensions.

Cutting situational cards has made the deck a lot more comfortable to play, and so far seemingly more consistent.

The Darkscale Healer gives you value as well since your life total is an attrition war resource as a Warlock.
Edited by AlexL on 7/3/2014 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
U can consider it when Leeroy go nerfed ;P
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 06:25 PMPosted by Kiku
U can consider it when Leeroy go nerfed ;P

IF he gets nerfed.

I would be in favor of it not because I think he's OP, but because we could then change to a more attrition style of game.

But Leeroy being nerfed would just destroy the hunter class more than it already is.
Reply Quote
I've been messing with Darkscale Healer a bit. I'm not quite sold on it, but one interesting byproduct is that it has given me the excuse to mess around with Pit Lord again (in place of those taco-munching Drakes). The extra healing on top of what Handlock normally has, means that the Pit Lord battlecry is less impactful. It's still somewhat problematic against Mage or Rogue, but the effect is diminished so it's not an auto-loss to play it.

Again, I'm not quite sold on it, but the extra healing could lead to further alterations.

One thing I thought was kind of odd to me, was your use of Sunwalkers and Shield Masta' in your prototype deck. I've generally found that Sunfury and DoA have been enough for generating taunts in most cases; particularly with the extra healing for Darkscale, I'm kind of surprised that you opted for an even more defensive-oriented strategy.
Reply Quote
07/04/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Tsenzei
I've been messing with Darkscale Healer a bit. I'm not quite sold on it, but one interesting byproduct is that it has given me the excuse to mess around with Pit Lord again (in place of those taco-munching Drakes). The extra healing on top of what Handlock normally has, means that the Pit Lord battlecry is less impactful. It's still somewhat problematic against Mage or Rogue, but the effect is diminished so it's not an auto-loss to play it.

Again, I'm not quite sold on it, but the extra healing could lead to further alterations.

One thing I thought was kind of odd to me, was your use of Sunwalkers and Shield Masta' in your prototype deck. I've generally found that Sunfury and DoA have been enough for generating taunts in most cases; particularly with the extra healing for Darkscale, I'm kind of surprised that you opted for an even more defensive-oriented strategy.

It's basically to just continuously eat up the opponent's removal resources.

It's sort of like freeze mage including all of the freeze spells. You go all in with the strategy so that the opponent runs out of answers for the strategy, even if they're initially well setup to deal with the strategy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]