So I just had this crazy win streak...

From rank 22 to 16. Probably not a big deal to some of you pros, but its a first for me, and I want to find out if I just got blindingly lucky, or created a decent deck by accident. I'll post it and let my peers decide:

Ancestral Healing x2
Earth Shock x2
Forked Lightning x2
Lightning Bolt x2
Voodoo Doctor x2
Stormforged Axe x2
Flametongue Totem x2
Hex x2
Lightning Storm x2
Earthen Ring Farseer x2
Mana Tide Totem x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Windspeaker x2
Azure Drake x1
Fire Elemental x2
Al'akir (really just a vanity pick cuz i have him lol)

Any constructive criticism or tips would be really appreciated!
Reply Quote
It's a combo of a few things.. you have a pretty solid deck, and that level of ranks is usually fairly easy to breeze through as a shaman player. The same thing happened to me.... I cruised from rank 25-15 with out but a few losses and thought I was amazing... then reality set in, and I started going 50/50 and needed to improve my deck and gameplay to move on. I'm sitting at rank 5 right now.

Ancestral Healing, Forked Lightning, Voodoo Doctor, Farseer, Windspeaker are cards not many shamans typically use, but continue to see what works for you at certain ranks and adjust accordingly.

Just off the top of my head I would swap the Ancestral Healing with 2 Rock Biters. Rock Biters are a must in any shaman deck, they are so versatile and have won many a game through burst.

Also I would swap the Voodoo Doctors with argent squires. It is, what it is... shamans have no heal... so you just need to win before the other guy gets you down :)... but the squires are better at that slot, they are more annoying for the opponent to deal with and give you that critical 1 attack that shaman needs early game.

The Farseers, aren't bad.. experiment with some harvest golems in that slot tho and see how that workds for you.

The Windspeakers could be replaced by Unbound Elementals. And the forked Lightning you could add one lava burst and another azure drake.
Reply Quote
I see your point on most of these changes, but I should clarify my typical playstyle, and how I use what i have here.

Early game i usually play conservatilely, dropping totems and keeping their board clear with spells. Midgame i start dropping the heavy hitters, yeti, drake, fire ele, etc. Once the opponent uses a few removals, I begin buffing one heavy guy with windspeakers and flametongue. Take out a minion or two, then heal up with farseer or ancestral. Another favorite tactic is to throw down windspeaker to buff something strong, then ancestral the speaker to protect my wf'd minion. Usually by endgame they're out of removals and i usually have a strong attacker on the field ftw.

I can see removing the doctors, they're really just spot healing. I've experimented with unbound eles, they can be effective but i find i spend 2-3 cards getting them in play and buffed, just to have them removed. I already have a lot of that going on, don't want to risk that much more card disadvantage, but i'll keep it in mind. And i've thought about lava burst, that 5 dmg can really turn things around, but i didn't want too much overload. I think i'll go ahead and take out the forked lightnings for one lava and one more drake like you said tho, sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the input! And being polite and civil about it, far too much toxicity around these days...
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 06:11 PMPosted by know666
From rank 22 to 16. Probably not a big deal to some of you pros, but its a first for me, and I want to find out if I just got blindingly lucky, or created a decent deck by accident. I'll post it and let my peers decide:

Ancestral Healing x2
Earth Shock x2
Forked Lightning x2
Lightning Bolt x2
Voodoo Doctor x2
Stormforged Axe x2
Flametongue Totem x2
Hex x2
Lightning Storm x2
Earthen Ring Farseer x2
Mana Tide Totem x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Windspeaker x2
Azure Drake x1
Fire Elemental x2
Al'akir (really just a vanity pick cuz i have him lol)

Any constructive criticism or tips would be really appreciated!

I'd say that you have too many spells, too many reactionary cards so you may get bad draws and end up having nothing to actually put on the board. Since you're new (assuming because rank 22) you should probably read this:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/14397231/hearthside-chat-tips-for-hearthstone-by-mike-donais-6-12-2014
Reply Quote
You are not using the right class cards.

Add Feral Spirit, Unbound Elemental and Windfury.

Also add more Azure Drakes. It's made for Shaman, dude. Spell power, drawing cards, wrapped in a 4/4 package. It's everything the Shaman class needs.
Reply Quote
I'm not all that new, been playing since closed beta, just never played ranked seriously...just did it today on a whim lol.

@Icon: I do have a lot of spells, and yes I often have a dead hand because of it. While the spells do eventually become useful since they're mostly removal, I could use more board presence.

@TheOak: I've used spirit and unbound, they can be very effective but I simply don't like having that much overload in my deck. Would you have any suggestions on what cards i could take out, and why? And I totally agree on the drake, already put in a second one lol
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 07:02 PMPosted by know666

@TheOak: I've used spirit and unbound, they can be very effective but I simply don't like having that much overload in my deck. Would you have any suggestions on what cards i could take out, and why? And I totally agree on the drake, already put in a second one lol

No my brother, embrace the Overload. Wielding Overload correctly is what separates a good Shaman from a n00b. Basically with a Shaman, you are playing 2 turns at a time: the current turn and the next.

Feral Spirit is a very very powerful card. It is your aegis against aggro decks. Combined with Stormforged Axe, they are your ticket to victory against Zoo.

Unbound Elemental is fantastic. It kills a lot of 2 drops and can survive a hit with 3 drops. My favorite turn 4 play is dropping Unbound and cast Lightning Bolt to kill their 3 drop. Suddenly you have a 3/5 minion and they are sweating to find an answer.

Get rid of Ancestral Healing, because buff cards are inherently bad. If your buffed creature dies, you lose TWO cards. And if they used 1 card to kill it, the opponent is now ahead. Card advantage is everything in this game.

Also get rid of Forked Lightning. It may seem good, but it is not. If you use it early game, the overload is too crippling. If you use it late game, the damage is not enough. It is just too situational. In other words, it is not good unless you are fighting a zoo deck.
Reply Quote
I've already dropped the forked lightning and one ancestral, cuz i only have one unbound ele. Will use two as soon as i have em, i'll let you know the results of these changes, thx for the help!
Reply Quote
Definitely add dogs and unbound. Unbound almost always trades well against zoo decks, and dogs lets you live past t4. Even better when they are combined obviously. I personally like LB as well, cheap buff for my Unbound but it's also good cheap removal/finisher.

Most prefer WF to Windspeaker, myself included. The threat of unknown amounts of burst is what really makes the shaman dangerous past t6 (when you can WF/Leeroy or RB/RB Leeroy) and is also why your opponents MUST kill your totems (you might be running Lust after all--most shamans run burst to finish, but your opponent doesn't know if its Charge/WF or Board/Lust).

I personally feel burst is almost better when it comes straight out of your hand, rather than relying on a minion to survive. I'd much prefer WF/RB/RB/Leeroy next to a flametongue (28 dmg btw t8--yes it's the dream, and doesn't often happen, but I've won countless games with leeroy/wf alone) rather than hoping your Fire ele survives and you can cast a more expensive WF on it with speaker. Straight WF has better synergy with any charge minion, which is another reason you often see Argent Commander in Shaman deck. Can be a finisher or removal, and is almost always a 2 for 1 trade. So I'd add those as well if you decide to go with WF. If you stick with speaker, they aren't as important since it's pretty tough to Speaker an AC since they are almost guaranteed to be removed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]