Much aggro

I don't normally play paladin, but I got an aggro deck that seems to fare very well against miracle and all kinds of locks, which are the currently most popular decks.
Its kinda boring and most of the time you will go straight for the face, and is kinda bad against druids/warriors (very draw dependant.. it can still rip through those two with good enough draws). I don't currently see much of those two, so it works well enough for me.
Maybe its not news to anyone, but I don't see any mention of this kind of deck here.

Here's a deck list I'm currently running:
[1] 2x Blessing of Might
[1] 2x Abusive Sergeant
[1] 2x Argent Squire
[1] 2x Leper Gnome
[1] 2x Worgen Infiltrator
[2] 2x Equality
[2] 2x Bluegill Warrior
[2] 2x Ironbeak Owl
[3] 1x Sword of Justice
[3] 1x Divine Favor
[3] 1* King Mukla
[3] 2x Wolfrider
[4] 2x Truesilver Champion
[4] 2x Consecration
[4] 2x Hammer of Wrath
[4] 1* Leeroy Jenkins
[6] 2x Avenging Wrath

It is slightly slower than zoo, but has a way of coming back into the game through equality+consecrate/wrath, not to mention that combo tears apart giants and concealed auctioneers.
Divine Favor is obviously very good against handlock/miracle, and synergizes with Mukla. I used to run 2 of these, but getting both in your hand against an aggro deck is a good way to lose, so I subbed one for sword of justice, which isn't very fast either but can be very good against classes that can keep sniping your 1 health minions every turn.
Edited by Riv on 6/28/2014 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's called Shockadin deck, it's quite common, I run this deck too. I strongly recommend running 2 divine favors, which would increase the chance you draw the card. It's the most important card in this deck, without it you will run out of steam in a sec. I use to run only 1, but then I run 2 of them and my win rate has skyrocketed.

This deck is good against all classes except, palidin, shaman and druid.
Reply Quote
Well, the thing is... all paladin decks are useless against druids.
So that's not really a counter-point.
It is depressing though.

Personally, I prefer my minion buffing + direct damage spell deck (every direct damage spell available, including two Holy Wraths). It has the same effect as a minion rush deck, but there's a higher chance I can finish off an opponent due to the abundance of spells that can just go for the face thanks to this game's terrible design (not having any spell taunt/counter/prevention mechanic).

But paladins are in a terrible spot against druids in general currently. If a 5/10 taunt comes out, you can wave goodbye to your entire board, since you'll either trade everything into it or have to use Equality and thus become wide open for a Swipe board clear.
Reply Quote
Ah so thats what a shockadin is. I agree that divine favor is amazing against control, but its 100% useless against aggro and there are so many zoo locks around that most of the time I find myself losing due to drawing into them instead of something that actually matters.
Reply Quote
Paladin's zoo version. How original. Face face face divine favor, and YEA face.
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 09:25 PMPosted by ShadowMaster
Well, the thing is... all paladin decks are useless against druids.
So that's not really a counter-point.

Thats bullsh*t.
My midrange deck does very well against druids.

Against big taunts, you got aldor peacekeeper, equality or black knight.
Reply Quote
The trick to beating druids as a shockadin is to save save SAVE your equality unless you're beating the crap out of them and have a silence in hand. But those druid of the claws, I usually hammer of wrath or truesilver champion those instead of silencing or equality them. I win about half the time vs druids now, after losing to them for so long, mostly from beating them down as fast as I can, so when the 5/10 comes out, it's too late to save them. They still usually get the ancient of lores out but they never get to draw cards from them. I think my success vs druids though is from familiarity. I hate them so much that I just know every card they'll play before they play it.
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Dovrak

No. This is huntard or murlocks. Zoo has a skill curve and some decision making at the very least.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 06:49 PMPosted by danmcn12
07/01/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Dovrak

No. This is huntard or murlocks. Zoo has a skill curve and some decision making at the very least.

Skill curve includes whether or not you see lethal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]