Could use some deck advice/suggestions

Hey guys.

I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks now and after some pretty good initial luck in arena/packs, I decided to DE around a bit and commit myself to a druid. I crafted myself an azure drake, argent commander, sunwalker, 2x power of the wild, 2x keeper of grove, 2x druid of the claw, 2x harvest golem etc to compliment my TBK and FoN in some basic low budget druid deck.

But recently I feel like I've gotten stuck in constructed. I've been bouncing up and down between ranks 13-16 for most of the week now and I'm not sure if it's because my progress as a player has halted or is it my deck what is holding me back. I suspect it's actually a bit of both. Anyways by now I've gotten myself 200 dust and I think I could just maybe push it to 400(single epic) if really needed.

Anyways this is my current deck I'm looking to improve:

innervate x2

wild growth x2
mark of the wild
wrath x2
faery dragon
power of the wild x2

harvest golem x2
savage roar

keeper of the grove x2
swipe x2
yeti x2

druid of the claw x2
azure drake

starfire
force of nature
argent commander
sunwalker
black knight
boulder ogre x2

ironbark

Of notable rare&ups I've heard some druids use, I also have 1 of each blood knight, violet teacher, sylvanas windrunner and gadgetzan auctioneer.

My own personal thoughts so far have been:
1) Safe play, just get something along the lines of 2nd azure, argent commander and sunwalker(give up the hope one of the packs eventually gets me 2nd), lose maybe like faery, starfire and 1 boulder.
2) Get 2nd violet teacher + smth, try a token druid instead, not really sure how it would look like.
3) Go for an epic neutral like BGH or faceless manipulator.
4) Go for druid epic, one of the ancients, wouldn't really know which one
5) Get ancient watchers,defender of argus, add 2nd MotW, add few more silencers to setup, how good is that strat really?

Would love to hear input from exped players. Assuming 400 dust budget (any card not mentioned here, you can assume I don't have it), what would you do?
Reply Quote
4) get two Ancient of Lores.

AoL is an incredibly overpowered card, you usually use it for card draw. It's a tempo gain with card draw. This should be your Priority! Anything else is secondary.

My comments on your points:
1) Sure, but you need more card draw. A second azure can be a good card to get, but if you get two AoL like I recommend then you can do with just 1 azure in deck.
2) Well you're playing a ramp deck at the moment, and it's looking pretty good as it is, so I wouldn't switch to token unless you really want to. In my experience, if someone kills your teacher and tokens on turn 5, token druid almost always fails miserably.
3) Yes, both of those will be good at some point, probably at least BGH will be essential once you break past rank 10
4) AoL ftw
5) There's not a lot of point to a watcher druid deck, imho, since you have so many fantastic taunts already - sunwalker, and AoW when you craft it, so Argus is a dead card unless used on the watchers and to be honest you can often ramp out a Druid of the Claw at 4/6 on turn 3, so why do you need to silence a 4/5 watcher on turn 3?

Regarding your deck, it's fine, Faerie Dragons however are not seen so often in a ramp druid deck, but then again between rank 15 and rank 10 you will be seeing a lot of zoo. So maybe take them out after rank 8 or so when the warlocks switch to handlock.

Likewise, after rank 8, you can fine tune a little more, like for example take out Starfall and swap the yetis for senjins to beat MR.

Hope this helps.

Oh and welcome to druid awesomeness :)

Just watch out for those pesky shamans.
Edited by FarqTheOrc on 7/11/2014 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ancient of Lore uber alles. Craft two of em before anything else.

Your deck resembles a Ramp Druid but you don't have many of Ramp druids staple cards and it would be really expensive to caft those. You can try a budget ramp by crafting: a second Sunwalker, a second Drake and adding your Sylvanas.
And removing: 2x PotW, Faerie Dragon, one Ogre, the Starfire.
I don't think it'd be so viable but you can try... Consider that Savage roar+FoN is kinda bad to have ALONE in a classic Ramp druid, you need luck to pull it out but it could work.
Or you could go for Charge Ramp by crafting: a second FoN, second Drake, second Argent Comm and adding another Savage Roar and a little neutral like a Loot Hoarder or similair
And removing: 2x Ogres, Ironbark, Sunw, starfire, 2x PotW

Or, for token:
Add: Violet Teacher x2, Gadgetzan(since you have it why not), 2x Claw, 2x Argent Squire, 2nd Roar
Remove: Yeti x2, Sunwalker, Ogre x2, Ironbark, Starfire, 2x W Growth, MotW

I have included 2x Lores in any of the above decks.
Token can be decent even with only one Lore, you'd need a second Drake and Loot Hoarder instead of Faerie Dragon in that case.
Edited by Tenletters on 7/11/2014 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 12:46 PMPosted by FarqTheOrc
4) get two Ancient of Lores.

AoL is an incredibly overpowered card, you usually use it for card draw. It's a tempo gain with card draw. This should be your Priority! Anything else is secondary.

My comments on your points:
1) Sure, but you need more card draw. A second azure can be a good card to get, but if you get two AoL like I recommend then you can do with just 1 azure in deck.

07/11/2014 01:07 PMPosted by Tenletters
Ancient of Lore uber alles. Craft two of em before anything else.

Alright, so I understand AoL is so awesome. If I were to craft an epic card, it will be my first choice for sure. But would a single AoL really have a bigger effect on my deck than adding like 4 good rares? I could get 2nd of 3 good neutrals useful in many decks(arg comm, azure, sunwalker) and for draw, what about nourish? I have no exp with that card, but I think I have seen it in a couple of druid decks also. And even if I draw it early, turn 1 coin+wild growth, turn 2 innovate+nourish wouldn't sound like too bad of a start either.

Your deck resembles a Ramp Druid but you don't have many of Ramp druids staple cards and it would be really expensive to caft those. You can try a budget ramp by crafting: a second Sunwalker, a second Drake and adding your Sylvanas.
And removing: 2x PotW, Faerie Dragon, one Ogre, the Starfire.
I don't think it'd be so viable but you can try... Consider that Savage roar+FoN is kinda bad to have ALONE in a classic Ramp druid, you need luck to pull it out but it could work.
Or you could go for Charge Ramp by crafting: a second FoN, second Drake, second Argent Comm and adding another Savage Roar and a little neutral like a Loot Hoarder or similair

Adding 2nd sunwalker and 2nd drake is almost that first 'safe play' idea I had. I haven't included Sylvana in my deck so far, because the few times I have faced it, I've usually managed to pretty easily overcome it. But perhaps I should give it a go yes. I'm just worried that if I take out my 2x PotW and faery, I have literally zero 2 drop minions left, nothing to slow down zoo or put some slight early pressure into enemies. It just sounds scary having no 2 drop minions to ever play, plus PotW value doesn't drop as much as most stuff if I draw it late game.

Actually I've been surprised at how often I draw my 1x combo. About half of the games that go deep, I seem to have it. And having it only once, I think it doesn't always force me to wait out the combo every time, I can play out the cards indie if it really helps my current board shape. I just don't think 2nd FoN ranks very high in my priority list of crafting cards right now when I have 0 ancients and only few of the good neutrals :P

2) Well you're playing a ramp deck at the moment, and it's looking pretty good as it is, so I wouldn't switch to token unless you really want to. In my experience, if someone kills your teacher and tokens on turn 5, token druid almost always fails miserably.

Or, for token:
Add: Violet Teacher x2, Gadgetzan(since you have it why not), 2x Claw, 2x Argent Squire, 2nd Roar
Remove: Yeti x2, Sunwalker, Ogre x2, Ironbark, Starfire, 2x W Growth, MotW

My line of thinking for token was that I could perhaps do a decent token pretty cheap. I have already 1x VT, gadgetzan and argent squire, so I could get that lineup up with just 200 dust, maybe even use my blood knight there if i get arg squires in. I was just thinking that perhaps my token druid would be closer to legendary token than my ramp would be to a legendary ramp. So I was just considering the idea, I would have no idea how well it would work out in reality.

Likewise, after rank 8, you can fine tune a little more, like for example take out Starfall and swap the yetis for senjins to beat MR.

I recently removed my senjins and I really miss them. I think I will replace that faery with a senjin asap.

Btw thanks for the awesome replies ofc :P
Edited by hint on 7/11/2014 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
-It's difficult to say if AoL is better than 4rares... Prolly not, but it's really an AWESOME card, ALWAYS useful in any situation. It can help you draw your combo or get out of a zero card hand if you topdeck it or his heal can help you survive for one more turn against a rush deck. It's really the best druid class card, you'll have to craft it sooner or later and it's gonna make your deck step up. It's especially needed in Ramp druid since it's the typical turn 5 innervate target or turn 7 auto-play... In a token deck you could theorically put up a good deck even without it, since it's an aggressive deck. Although I personally consider it a must-have since it's the best possible card you could have in your hand at turn 7 to help you with late-game(and my main deck is token druid)...

-As a Ramp, you don't really need two mana drops since if you have the opportunity you're gonna go wild growth in your second turn or use hero power(if the opponent drops an annoying little minion). So yes, you can safely remove Faerie Dragon. Same goes for Power of the Wild, no top Ramp deck uses it, not enough synergy for the buff option and not enough value for the vanilla 3/2...

-Token is a perfect deck at your rank and I'd suggest you to try it. It's not the easiest to use, you're gonna have to learn the ropes to make it perform well, but it's one of the most popular and strongest decks atm. The reason why Farq thinks it's weak is that Token struggles a lot against the ramp druid he's using XD

-SenJin is good. Since Priest(who struggles against 4attack minions) is rarely found in ranked, you could consider swapping Yetis with Senjins to give you more value against aggro.

- about 2nd FoN: Charge Ramp Druid is a common top end deck, it works really well both in ranked and tourneys, it was made popular by Kolento and StrifeCro. Although you are right that it'd be really expensive for you now
Edited by Tenletters on 7/12/2014 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]