Strong Low Budget Druid Starter Deck

If you are new to Hearthstone or just to Druid and don't have the dust to build an epic deck, here is a quality budget druid deck that will help you knock out dailies and do well in casual play.

Core cards:

2 x Wild Growth
1 x Innervate (too often the second is a dead card)
2 x Wrath
2 x Ancient Watcher
1 x Ironbeak Owl
2 x Mark of the Wild
2 x Mark of Nature
1 x Healing Touch (a second is a dead card)
2 x Swipe
2 x Spellbreaker
2 x Keeper of the Grove
2 x Druid of the Claw
2 x Ironbark Protector

Activating Watchers through silence/taunt is obviously key, but with 9 possible options it's easy. Dropping a Mark of Nature on a Watcher creates a 4/9 taunt wall that rush decks impale themselves on. If the enemy silences the taunt, now you have a Yeti equivalent. When possible, silence your Watcher (so he can attack) and then buff.

Dropping 400 dust for 2 x Watcher and 2 x Keeper of the Grove is the only mandatory for this deck. Keepers are very versatile. Replace Ironbarks with Ancients of Lore /War if you have them. Replace Starfire with Starfall if possible. You can opt for more Owls over Spellbreakers, but mana isn't usually an issue and the extra body size is nice.

Good Filler Cards

Harvest Golem (solid card; buffed to 4/5 taunt with a 2/1 remainder is very nice)
Loot Hoarder (I run one for card draw - other options exist)
Acolyte of Pain (buffed to 3/5 taunt can draw you a lot of cards, but only do so when reasonably sure of getting one attack in, as it's a silence magnet)
Demolisher (turn 1 Innervate -> Demolisher will scare opponent from playing most 1,2 and even 3-drops as the fear of a 2-hit plus Hero Power can clean most of these minions up)
Defender of Argus (decent to activate Watchers, but I usually don't need him)
Argent Commander (great card - late game giant clearer when coupled with Mark of Nature +4 Attack)

With your large collection of taunts, swipes, wraths, and Hero Power, rush decks are surprisingly easy. Having so many extra silences allows you to cope with most things control decks toss out. While Mark of Nature is an unpopular card in other decks, it shines here as a Watcher activator, Argent Commander combo, or general finisher.

Good luck and happy questing.
Reply Quote
Interesting... I tried Ancient Watchers in my Druid deck in the past but it happened often that they became dead weight in my hand or on the board. The notion of a minion that needs other cards to get activated makes me a bit uncomfortable. In your proposal, however, there are a lot of different ways of making the watchers useful. Will give it a try. thanks for your post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]