Loot Hoarder vs. Wild Growth

Clearly, in a ramp deck, Wild Growth is essential. The whole point of ramp is to sacrifice card advantage and opportunities to play early 1-, 2-, or 3-drops in order to summon really big minions on surprisingly early turns. Your opponent has to expend more than one card to get rid of each threat, so theoretically it makes sense.

However, now that Wild Growth is a staple in even non-ramp Druids, I was considering Loot Hoarder as a substitute. The main issue I've found is that if my Druid deck doesn't have enough big, resilient minions, I don't feel like I get enough compensation for my loss of card advantage after using cards like Growth and Innervate.

Loot Hoarder allows those inefficient, but necessary, trades against Handlock to be more bearable. It can also be used for early pressure.

Pros, cons? Discuss.
Reply Quote
All loot hoarder does is cycle your cards faster. This is good in fast decks like double wombo combo.. You are playing a slow taunt deck, I see no reason to cycle faster. If anything add some cheap taunts that would buy you time to get bigger taunts out. To many classes can do 1 dmg to easily for loot hoarder to constitutionally add more then card draw.

I run both wild growth and innervate because it allows me to get bigger stuff out earlier. Which forces my opponent to spend considerably to deal with them, in the early game. While i might have less cards in hand, my opponent might have to spend 2-3 cards to deal with a quick big taunt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]