Eaglehorn nerf and refund.

Its been stated that the devs are looking into it.

People need to learn that you can't do X with some cards and Y with others due to personal balance. Its not a nerf thing either.

Any time this happens to a card, the dust standard occurs. Unleash the hounds got its dust value edited when it was REDUCED in mana cost from 4 to 2, but thats a NERF and warrented the dust disenchant right?

People actually need to stop trying to seem like they know things and actually read up, Bow will get its dust appopriately adjusted, but be patient.

Furthermore, being rash and disenchanting your cards before looking at the dust value helps no one. You have nothing to blame for that one but yourself. Whenever a card has its dust value edited, it is even displayed at the title screen. Blizzard has several alerts so you know what you are getting into (the dust ammount is directly on the button to disenchant), so there is no one to blame but oneself.
Reply Quote
The Bow was nerfed. It was never a bug, it did exactly what it stated in the text on the card. If they want to change it, fine (it's probably for the best) but give the full dust refund and don't act like this wasn't a nerf to a specific card.
Reply Quote
seemingly some people didn't see this
07/22/2014 11:24 PMPosted by Tasae
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9677847863

it is on the known issues -.-
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Aude
This was not a nerf, The bow was never intended to get an extra durability from enemy secrets, it was a bug fix. This is why you don't get to disenchant for full dust.They did this before, when they changed how secrets worked and made them only activate on your opponents turn.

If its a bug, they !@#$ed up because the bow has been working like this since beta. If it wasn't working as intended that's fine but it took them a while
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey guys! The change to the Eaglehorn Bow was an intentional adjustment, and not a bug fix. We like that the Eaglehorn combos with your own traps, but we aren’t as happy that it also punishes your opponent’s secrets. Not to mention, there’s a possibility that secret play will become more prominent as more Naxx cards are released. All in all, the timing felt right to adjust the way the bow works.

That said, in this case we will be offering a full cost disenchant for the Eaglehorn Bow, but it's been delayed a bit. I don't have a precise ETA at the moment, but for now, hold onto your bows and don't do anything hasty.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info. I was worried you folks weren't going to be offering optional refunds for adjusted cards anymore, but I'm glad to see that that isn't the case here and that it's just been delayed.
Reply Quote
07/23/2014 05:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Hey guys! The change to the Eaglehorn Bow was an intentional adjustment, and not a bug fix. We like that the Eaglehorn combos with your own traps, but we aren’t as happy that it also punishes your opponent’s secrets. Not to mention, there’s a possibility that secret play will become more prominent as more Naxx cards are released. All in all, the timing felt right to adjust the way the bow works.

That said, in this case we will be offering a full cost disenchant for the Eaglehorn Bow, but it's been delayed a bit. I don't have a precise ETA at the moment, but for now, hold onto your bows and don't do anything hasty.

Implying the card changes that led to refunds in the past were bug fixes and not intentional adjustments?

I feel this is just the transition into not refunding for nerfs. They are refunding it this time, but this roundabout response seems to emphasize that normally it would not fall under the refund category. Despite the fact that the card was changed and made worse.
Reply Quote
07/23/2014 05:59 PMPosted by sirlala

Implying the card changes that led to refunds in the past were bug fixes and not intentional adjustments?

I feel this is just the transition into not refunding for nerfs. They are refunding it this time, but this roundabout response seems to emphasize that normally it would not fall under the refund category. Despite the fact that the card was changed and made worse.

I'm pretty sure he was just saying that because several other people in this thread\others about the eaglehorn nerf were saying that it was just a "simple bug fix" and that was the reason that there was no full refund offered.
Reply Quote
07/23/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Havoc

I'm pretty sure he was just saying that because several other people in this thread\others about the eaglehorn nerf were saying that it was just a "simple bug fix" and that was the reason that there was no full refund offered.

Idk the whole first paragraph is basically justifying why they weren't going to refund (talking about traps beign more prominent and such), and then in the next paragraph says 'That said, in this case we will' etc.. the whole tone just seems to be saying 'we didn't have to refund it it, but we decided to in this case'. The easy transition into no refund the next time.
Reply Quote
The change to the Eaglehorn Bow was an intentional adjustment,

Blizzard stated in the past that no further cards would be changed unless absolutely necessary. Are you claiming that a nerf to one of the weakest classes at the moment was absolutely necessary?
Reply Quote

Thanks for the explanation. I can't say I agree with it (yeah yeah, I know, like my opinion matters +P ), especially with cards like Secretkeeper punishing your opponents secrets, or even other mechanics like Northshire/Frothing punishing you healing/damaging minions, but /shrug.

I do have one question as a follow up, I know it would require a more massive expansion than just one class card per class, but is there at least thoughts at expanding secrets (and weapons) to other classes?
Reply Quote
Cool. Glad to hear well be getting full value soon. I have a few extra and it'll be nice to race them for something I need.
Reply Quote

He's obviously not implying that.

He's saying this was an intentional adjustment, and not a bug fix. It was working as intended before, and they decided to change the way it worked.

He's ALSO stating that there will be a refund in the future.

Two separate ideas there.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Just for the sake of clarity: Nope, not implying this.
Reply Quote
Grats on all your dust and legendary beast, from this weeks naxx release.

Now hunters can shut up?
Reply Quote

So the nerf to Eaglehorn is supposed to improve secrets? Hmmm. Not for Hunter!
Reply Quote

afaik unleash the hounds nerf was not a bug fix yet we still got full dust price for DE'ng that one when that happened...
Reply Quote
07/23/2014 06:51 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Just for the sake of clarity: Nope, not implying this.

Please pay no attention to the negative nancies. With that said, I'm glad to hear it though.
Reply Quote
Good thing Blizz is on top of these Hunter issues. Gotta make sure no deck becomes too powerful!

While you guys are going over cards... maybe you could look at zoo and miracle. Clearly, these are still much weaker than Hunter.
Reply Quote
I rather like that they made this minor change that they felt was a good change for the game rather than the much too strict "only when absolutely necessary" policy they've held thus far IMO

what i don't agree with is the ninja nerf hiding behind the biggest thing since release or the lack of full refund (yet) but overall, i'll take it!

Hunter just kinda felt like the class itself was punishing certain play styles that whole decks are built around; secret decks (though that mainly just means mages) and token builds (not just zoo)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]