thaddius most useless card i ever seen

Community Manager
07/21/2014 12:05 PMPosted by MapleTree
Can the opponents' Feugen or Stalagg help you summon Thaddius?

As a matter of fact, yes. Yes they do.
Reply Quote
It could see some play in a warrior deck. If you have him trigger on your turn, all you need is a charge and a faceless and that's 22 damage to the face.
Edited by Joseph on 7/21/2014 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah, thank you for the quick response! That's great to know.
Reply Quote
I just realized how good Stalagg and Fuegen will be in Pally.
Tirion, you no longer have to worry about silence :')
Well, for the most part anyway.
Reply Quote
Thaddius will be seen extremely rare IMO

btw, you need stats for ones he get sapped or something and goes back to your hand
Reply Quote
Clone one for moar Thaddius! Shammy revive for moar Thaddius! Clone one with ancestral for 2x moar Thaddius!
Reply Quote
Ok, so if one player has Fuegan and another has Stalag, they ram into each other what happens? Do both players get a Thaddius?
Reply Quote
Thaddius should have a deathrattle that summons Fuegan and Stalag. It'll be a hard enough combo to pull of as it is.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:13 PMPosted by Pancake
Ok, so if one player has Fuegan and another has Stalag, they ram into each other what happens? Do both players get a Thaddius?

Since they're dying at the same time, I'd assume not; otherwise, you could kill your own Fuegan and Stalag at the same time (e.g. with Hellfire) and get two Thaddius! Thaddii?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo Fans
I def do not think this card is "bad" (in fact I think its pretty solid and strong) i'm just a little sad.. He was one of my fav bosses in naxx.. There were so many options

- Cards to left get a buff (+ charge) cards to right get a nerf (- charge)

- Your minions get buff (+) enemy minions get nerfed (- charge)

- A the start of a turn, all minions randomly get a + or - charge
(and that can do anything, buff and nerf, or an interaction. two minions of the same charge can not damage one another

I just feel there was a lot of creative options there.

With that said, I still think hes going to be a powerful card!
Edited by molster on 7/21/2014 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I think none will.
Ones this happens, each card will check if the other one is dead -> no, since its not dead yet but in 'checking for other card being dead' mode too - after that, they just die without summoning.
Reply Quote
Is there any synergy with Kelthuzad? If lets say Stalag already died and you get to kill fuegan the same turn you play kelthuzad, will his repeated death summon another Thaddius ?
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Akmorai
Is there any synergy with Kelthuzad? If lets say Stalag already died and you get to kill fuegan the same turn you play kelthuzad, will his repeated death summon another Thaddius ?

If than you kill him again , yes - it should.
Oh the possibilities....
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Koji

As the cards currently read? Yes.

07/21/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Marmatag
If you Hex / Poly either minion required to summon Thaddius, does that count as a death? Does the sheep/frog have to die, and if they do, will that still count as a death of the proper minion?

No, hex or poly transform the cards not kills them. They will not count that way.

Lol, so as a shaman player I guess I'm never going to have deal with Thaddius.

07/21/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Tenicord
Thaddius should have a deathrattle that summons Fuegan and Stalag. It'll be a hard enough combo to pull of as it is.

But actual minions aren't bad, so it's not like you're playing them just for the combo. a 7/4 and a 4/7 for 5 mana seem like solid minions who just happen to do something cool if they both die.

The combo itself is situational, especially since there're no fetch cards in hearthstone(yet), but least we're getting more interesting 5 drops.
Edited by jakdripr on 7/21/2014 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Daxxarri

As a matter of fact, yes. Yes they do.

Basically this just means no one will ever play Stalagg ultimately, since a 7/4 is not particularly useful but a 4/7 is amazing and there's an added detriment to playing it.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Cerberus

I think none will.
Ones this happens, each card will check if the other one is dead -> no, since its not dead yet but in 'checking for other card being dead' mode too - after that, they just die without summoning.

I think the attacker will as I believe that the card attacked gets the death rattle first.
Reply Quote
4/7 for 5 mana is crazy good btw. Thats basically a turn 5 yeti that has a special ability that triggers in one out of 100 games or so. Sadly 7/4 is garbage :/
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Akmorai

That was my first thought with these two and Kel. Obviously one has to die, then you kill of the 2nd and drop Kel. Or...you can kill them both then drop Kel'Thuzad and get BOTH back and have Thaddius, and if either die, you get Thaddius AGAIN for both minions!
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Shuggahdaddy
hes trolling surely...right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]