Decorate Your Cards with Card Backs!

Community Manager
There's a ton of amazing card backs available that you can acquire for your Hearthstone collection! If you're looking to add a little flavor to your next game of Hearthstone, check out these amazing card backs and learn how to acquire them:

Full card back gallery on Facebook here!
Reply Quote
When will we get word on how to get the TeSPA card back? It looks really nice.
Reply Quote
I hoping to get that light blue one. I still use the original card back cause it is blue.
Reply Quote
really looking forward to august card back and the abomination style card back for completing heroic.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 04:00 PMPosted by ChaosAE
When will we get word on how to get the TeSPA card back? It looks really nice.

Concur. Given their press release back in Feb about TeSPA:
As part of the partnership, Blizzard will back student groups in the TeSPA network by guaranteeing event funding, unique in-game rewards, and unrivaled promotion opportunities to active TeSPA chapters.

I wonder whether for people not in college, let alone part of a TeSPA chapter, this card back might be out of reach :(.
Reply Quote
The Heroic Naxx card back!!!! MUST HAVE!!!
Reply Quote
There's a ton of amazing card backs available...

a ton...theres nine and only 5 are currently available and of those 5 three are no longer obtainable, that leaves 2 card backs available, hardly a ton is it?
Edited by Hawkwind on 7/21/2014 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I expected you to give up on making new card backs every month after you ran out of pre-designed ones and instead start releasing one per two to three months.

Props for exceeding my expectations, and keep up the good work. The Icecrown and Heroic Naxxramas cardbacks look awesome!
Reply Quote
PLEASE make more Legendary cardbacks, or other exclusive cardbacks.

No one wants to use the same cardback as everybody and their 10yr old brother has. Speaking of 10yr olds, the artwork on the Naxx Heroic back is atrocious, it looks like something that would appeal to some little boy starting 6th grade in the fall. That is really disappointing because, at least for a while, it will be an exclusive back.

The backs have been OKish so far, but Season 3, Season 4, and Heroic Naxx are setting a terrible precedent for foofy looking trash art; thankfully the Season 5 back is decent looking. My suggestion? a matte black, with shiny black, and burnished gold detail back would be nice.

Just my feedback on the backs so far.
Reply Quote
I hope I will have the chance to get all cardback. If the last one is for TeSPA, that's really terrible.

Hearthstone is a game about collection. The player who play Hearthstone from the beginning should have the chance to get all collection.
Reply Quote
Question: Is the current Legendary cardback always going to be the legendary cardback? Or will it be retired after some time and a new legendary cardback introduced? I just ask because I can see there finally being an announcement at some point about it being retired to be replaced and there be a mad rush for collectors all to try to make legendary, leading to some frustration all around. Basically, I'd like to get the cardback at some point, or at least make a good try at it, but I'd like to do that on my own time rather than being told a month before that my chance is now severely limited.
Edited by Asylum on 7/21/2014 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 09:05 PMPosted by BattleAX
Hearthstone is a game about collection. The player who play Hearthstone from the beginning should have the chance to get all collection.

YES! TRUE every word. Please consider that, Blizzard :-)
Reply Quote
The August card looks really nice. Very wintry. I like the pink one with the flame as well.

Heroic naxx is pretty thematic. I really like that they're doing these card backs.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Hawkwind
There's a ton of amazing card backs available...

a ton...theres nine and only 5 are currently available and of those 5 three are no longer obtainable, that leaves 2 card backs available, hardly a ton is it?

They were available to everyone since they didn't start having them until after this game was in release state. QQ more.
Reply Quote
The TeSPA card back needs to be available to non-students. I'm 28 and no longer in school - why does this exclude me from obtaining this card back.

All players should have the ability to obtain every card back. This should go without saying.

PLEASE listen to feedback on this issue, Blizzard. Having an in-complete collection is soul-crushing to completionists.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
07/21/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Asylum
Question: Is the current Legendary cardback always going to be the legendary cardback? Or will it be retired after some time and a new legendary cardback introduced? I just ask because I can see there finally being an announcement at some point about it being retired to be replaced and there be a mad rush for collectors all to try to make legendary, leading to some frustration all around. Basically, I'd like to get the cardback at some point, or at least make a good try at it, but I'd like to do that on my own time rather than being told a month before that my chance is now severely limited.

This is one thing I am the most interested in too. I don't have much time to grind ranks, meta shifts fast (and each rank has different meta), skipping the fact that certain rank's meta shifts over a night.

I would imagine that the legendary card back will not be the same one forever, after all the legendary players need some incentive every month (except for aiming for the top 16th legendary rank). Realizing that one day the current legendary card back might be not the only legendary card back, I had a thought.

Even if there has to be a new legendary card back, what if when you reach legendary rank, you can choose from the 2 card backs (old one and new one) and in the very far future, you could choose from 3 card backs etc.

Point is, that while reaching rank 20 takes just some amount of time and is clearly a reward for already playing the game (I feel a bit for the new players though, missing card backs for the full collection just because they started playing later than others), and is not really difficult on average, reaching legendary takes cards, skill, luck and time.
I don't think that players that did not achieve legendary rank yet, should be "punished" by a removal of the current legendary card back.

I am very curious of the current view on this matter, any chance that you could get us some answers, Zeriyah, Aratil? Would be amazing to have some official word on it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
07/22/2014 06:20 AMPosted by Crim
The TeSPA card back needs to be available to non-students. I'm 28 and no longer in school - why does this exclude me from obtaining this card back.

All players should have the ability to obtain every card back. This should go without saying.

PLEASE listen to feedback on this issue, Blizzard. Having an in-complete collection is soul-crushing to completionists.

Hey!

I would not stress it, I don't think anything would be ever this restricted. It will be possibly something casual and in style of Fireside Gatherings.
Reply Quote
I agree with the issues for completionists.

I'm looking at you Golden ETC!
Reply Quote
I think there should be a card back for 12 win in Arena as well. And to make it more interesting, it could be one for each class. If you get 12 win with the Mage, you get the Mage card back, and so on.

All classes are not equally strong in Arena, so this will be a great incentive for players who regularly gets 12 win (and care about card backs) to try and achieve this with the different classes. There could even be a final card back if you get 12 win with all classes.
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 06:22 AMPosted by Kokotka
reaching rank 20 takes just some amount of time

I have started at Rank 16 every season... for some people it doesnt take any time at all, literally if I didnt log in for the entire season I would still get the cardback, that makes no sense and cheapens the point of the backs so severely to the point that they are a joke.

07/22/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Siltaria
I think there should be a card back for 12 win in Arena as well. And to make it more interesting, it could be one for each class.

+1

Give people something prestigious to shoot for Blizz ! Cardbacks should instill fear, terror, jealousy, and envy in your opponents, not a thought of "*yawn* this person had Hearthstone installed in X month".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]