Just hit legend, sharing deck

Hey guys,

I just hit legend for the first time trying, went decently quick. Changed a bit a long the way but this did it best for me:

2 X Wild growth
2 X Wrath
2 X Innervate
2 X Mark of the Wild
1 x Bloodmage Thalnos
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2 x Harvest Golem
1 x Big Game Hunter
2 x Yeti
2 X Swipe
2 X Keeper of the Grove
2 X Druid of the Claw
1 X Azure Drake
2 X Argent Commander
1 X Sunwalker
1 X The Black Knight
1 X Ancient of Lore
2 X Ancient of War
1 x Ragnaros

It does not have any bad matchups really, I mostly found rogues, druids, and warlocks (both zoo and handlock). And it handles all quite well.

Maybe of use for anyone balancing his ramp deck :)
Edited by KaJaK on 7/21/2014 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
whats the reason behind 1 AOL?
Reply Quote
I see 28 cards
Reply Quote
Good spot, I'll find the other two (added the two wraths)
Edited by KaJaK on 7/21/2014 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The Reason behind 1 AOL is that it is too slow. And with this set of cards I just do not need the card draw often enough. And are often under such pressure that I have to use it for healing making it subpar to a sunwalker for example. Additionally the 7 mana slot is very crowded.
Edited by KaJaK on 7/21/2014 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Congrats!

Props to you for not using FoN & Roar....and only 1 AoL is def interesting...

I still find it hard to believe how Handlock is not bad match up for you since you don't have the burst damage..
Reply Quote
I only run one AoL too since ramp's cards are so mana efficient, card draw is not nearly as important as in other decks, and as OP said, it's slow. I do, however, run a bit different, no FoN/Savage combo but I run faceless instead of AC. I'm not quite legend though and bounce between 3-4, but I have some time play issues, and the grind up to legend at that point is long if you are an average player like me with about a 52-55% win rate. I do have trouble with handlocks unfortunately. I tend to pray for flame imp turn 1 instead of life tap t2 :P
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Wrathian
Congrats!

Props to you for not using FoN & Roar....and only 1 AoL is def interesting...

I still find it hard to believe how Handlock is not bad match up for you since you don't have the burst damage..

I got legend with a similar build and I beat a lot of handlocks. He has the black knight, too (I don't have that), which would make the matchup a lot easier.

Swipe, DotC, and silencing or Hunting a taunter provide burst.

But the reality is that any deck played well is going to beat handlock played poorly. Handlock is very sharp, and the good handlock players are already legend. The ones who are still learning are the ones at ranks 1-5, and they make enough mistakes that if you put consistent pressure you can get there against their average draws.
Reply Quote
Congrats! Espically that you have used only 1 AoL
Reply Quote
Your deck has changed my Hearhstone life, thank you!
Reply Quote
Question (cause I'm bad)

What do you use mark of the wild for without watchers, should I hold onto it just to combo with Black Knight or BGH?

Also, what would you recommend as a replacement for BGH? At the rank I am at (7) I can't even remember the last time I fought an opponent with a 7 plus attack minion, and I never see (I just jinxed myself) Handlocks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]