Naxx is out!! Have fun everyone!

Just go ahead and say extended maintenance for 4 more hours, just so we dont have to be let down when this never happens. Like usual
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Aratil
07/21/2014 12:58 PMPosted by Jushiro
Aratil: Burster of bubbles, and consumer of donuts.

Chocolate glazed, please.

Make sure you bring enough to share with the office!

...no, seriously, donuts are the perfect food to tempt certain Blizzard personnel away from their paste habits. The identities of those "certain" people remain lamentably uncertain, at least to me, so just offer some to anyone at the office who either has a habit of drooling on themselves or a compulsive coin-flipping habit.

Isn't a massive increase in the quality of your product worth the price of a few donuts, even chocolate glazed ones?
Reply Quote
Aw poo.. I guess I assumed it would be in that maintenance.. oh well, good to know. Hopefully it's right after..
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Koji
July 22nd 12AM PDT to approximately 8AM PDT

This is 3AM EDT to 11AM EDT. If someone wants to fill in the equivalent for other time zones I'll edit them into here :)

9pm Hawaii time. Hope its only the HS servers going down early. Guess I will be getting more HotS alpha time in.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Aratil
Just wanted to clarify that this maintenance is not for the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure. We will be turning on Curse of Naxxramas for all regions at the same time some time after this maintenance is complete, but please do not expect Naxxramas to be available immediately following this maintenance.

Can we expect a 3-6 PM PDT release time then?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/21/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Gemster312
Aratil, will we be notified beforehand a couple hours in advance as to what hour it will launch, or will it just be a random surprise?

I don't think so, as we will be trying to push Curse of Naxxramas live as soon as possible, once all necessary tests and checks are done. I will try to provide updates if possible.
Reply Quote
Just as long as it's not at 9pm EST

I need to watch my new favourite show "Tyrant" at that time.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Aratil
07/21/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Gemster312
Aratil, will we be notified beforehand a couple hours in advance as to what hour it will launch, or will it just be a random surprise?

I don't think so, as we will be trying to push Curse of Naxxramas live as soon as possible, once all necessary tests and checks are done. I will try to provide updates if possible.

Cool, no alloted time window means ASAP! Awesome :D

Oi by the way, which wing is your personal favourite?
Reply Quote
I don't really understand when the maintenance and release will be for me when I'm from Norway and my time is GMT +2, will I get Naxx tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 01:08 PMPosted by Acranius
Just go ahead and say extended maintenance for 4 more hours, just so we dont have to be let down when this never happens. Like usual

T H I S

I wouldn't expect to even taste NAXX with any stability until maybe late tomorrow night.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Prellmeister
I don't really understand when the maintenance and release will be for me when I'm from Norway and my time is GMT +2, will I get Naxx tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?

I am currently in Lithuania (not too far form Norway), and maintenance ends at 8am cali time, meaning around 18:00 here. But according to Aratil that wont be the launch, but they will be trying to launch it ASAP after that maintenance. So I would probably place the bets on June 22nd 21:00 or 22:00. If things really turn sour, possibly midnight or even 1:00.
Reply Quote
Will it involve an App update from the iPad App Store? I'm assuming yes.

So wouldn't there be a delay from Apple's end?
Reply Quote
If they are planning on sticking with the idea that it comes out in NA on the 22nd and EU on the 23rd, it can only show up from 4pm PST to 9PM PST. PST is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, daylight savings time shouldn't factor in since both regions use it, so the earliest it can be released is 12 -8 or 4pm. The latest it can be released is 9pm because it would be midnight on the east coast. Though they could be nice and use Moscow time or something and have it out by 1pm and still technically be right.
Edited by Ingarbloody on 7/21/2014 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Aratil
Just wanted to clarify that this maintenance is not for the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure. We will be turning on Curse of Naxxramas for all regions at the same time some time after this maintenance is complete, but please do not expect Naxxramas to be available immediately following this maintenance.

But naxx will still be released tommorow?
Reply Quote
So while this maintenance is happening, why is Naxx not being implemented in at the same time. 8 hours THEN Naxx is going to be added sometime after? That's a little unproductive.
Reply Quote
I think the server side issues and the new content on our clients are two different issues. That's why Naxx and this maintenance are separate.
Reply Quote
Didn't realize maintenance normally takes 8 hours. They should have a test server anyway to work out any bugs, and really the optimal way to go about it is to just load it onto the existing servers after they have all the stuff ready, which would not take 8 hours, let alone 4 hours. Clearly they have something left undone and they are rushing now instead of being transparent about what's really going on. 8 hours normal maintenance THEN Naxx stuff, lmao.

I do understand releasing it all at the same time across all the servers. If they did it first on the EU servers, they would be overloaded for sure. But I still think they are holding out on some information.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
07/21/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Slipstream
So while this maintenance is happening, why is Naxx not being implemented in at the same time. 8 hours THEN Naxx is going to be added sometime after? That's a little unproductive.

The way I understand it, maintenance will be for the patch that adds Naxx to the game but the option won't be available (like when they occasionally disable the store, the store is still part of the game it's just switched off server side) until the patch it out and confirmed stable on all regions. Then they'll flip the switch, possibly restart the servers real fast, and we'll be ready to go.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Loox
Will it involve an App update from the iPad App Store? I'm assuming yes.

So wouldn't there be a delay from Apple's end?

I'd expect so, and it's for that reason I installed Hearthstone on my laptop yesterday.
Edited by Badlands on 7/21/2014 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just be prepared for delays....YOU KNOW THEY ARE COMING.....they almost always do
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]