Naxx is out!! Have fun everyone!

Expected.
Reply Quote
Just a quick question if the Comm manager has time. You said that Naxx will be switched on in all regions at the same time. This is confusing being as i am from the UK and the EU news area states that Naxx is available on the 23rd, not the 22nd.

So why would it seem that we on the EU side get Naxx a full day later? Is it because your planning to "Turn Naxx on" at say 5pm PST (which is around 12am GMT)? Just curious.

EDIT: (I ust read the other posts about this, but still raises questions)
Edited by Valtiel on 7/21/2014 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/21/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Loox
Will it involve an App update from the iPad App Store? I'm assuming yes.

So wouldn't there be a delay from Apple's end?

We are currently aiming for no delay between the release of Naxxramas on PC and the release of Naxxramas on the iPad. However, Naxxramas will have to roll out globally on Apple's end gradually, so it may not be immediately available in all regions at the same time.
Reply Quote
So for Australians (EST), maintenance will be 5pm - 1am, and Naxx won't be ready at 1am.

I guess I either stay up ridiculously late or call in sick to work tomorrow... hmmmm
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 04:56 PMPosted by vitaminK
So for Australians (EST), maintenance will be 5pm - 1am, and Naxx won't be ready at 1am.

I guess I either stay up ridiculously late or call in sick to work tomorrow... hmmmm

Call in sick mate! It'll be a G'day to take a walkabout in Naxx!
Reply Quote
Annnnd Blizzard blows another release. All that obnoxious hype just do delay the game another day. So disrespectful and unprofessional, I will never spend another penny on a blizzard game.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 06:40 PMPosted by spacecake
Annnnd Blizzard blows another release. All that obnoxious hype just do delay the game another day. So disrespectful and unprofessional, I will never spend another penny on a blizzard game.

you must boycott a lot of movies and tv series, too. seeing as it's very common for them to be released in different countries on different dates.

but seriously ... good riddance ... no business owner would want someone like you as a customer.
Reply Quote

Oh no! You're mad at them for not doing something they never said they were going to do, and you're threatening to cut a few hundred bucks off of their trillion dollar profits.

See ya.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/21/2014 04:46 PMPosted by Valtiel
Just a quick question if the Comm manager has time. You said that Naxx will be switched on in all regions at the same time. This is confusing being as i am from the UK and the EU news area states that Naxx is available on the 23rd, not the 22nd.

So why would it seem that we on the EU side get Naxx a full day later? Is it because your planning to "Turn Naxx on" at say 5pm PST (which is around 12am GMT)? Just curious.

EDIT: (I ust read the other posts about this, but still raises questions)

Curse of Naxxramas could always release earlier than announced for Europe. This is not an announcement!
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Not sure what you're referring to!
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 07:13 PMPosted by Aratil

I don't think he does either. Just give him a pat on the head and walk away.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Aratil
Just wanted to clarify that this maintenance is not for the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure. We will be turning on Curse of Naxxramas for all regions at the same time some time after this maintenance is complete, but please do not expect Naxxramas to be available immediately following this maintenance.

:(
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 07:13 PMPosted by Aratil

I'm sure this was the exact deciding factor. And such a huge event that sparked it. I'd just not respond to trolls anymore blue and let us handle it.
Reply Quote
July 22nd 12AM PDT to approximately 8AM PDT

This is 3AM EDT to 11AM EDT. If someone wants to fill in the equivalent for other time zones I'll edit them into here :)

(edit) Update.

Just wanted to clarify that this maintenance is not for the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure. We will be turning on Curse of Naxxramas for all regions at the same time some time after this maintenance is complete, but please do not expect Naxxramas to be available immediately following this maintenance.

so if its not for Naxx then what the hell are you guys doing for 8 hours? what a joke........ u know other game companies do content patches in less than 5 mins of server downtime (ggg's path of exile).

While I love hearthstone and am a blizz fanboy, ur downtimes are beyond ridiculous and that was ok when Naxx was going to be coming out, so its "worth the wait". But now its not even gonna come out after the patch?!?!!?

Basically what ur telling everyone is "were gonna bring the servers down, go jerk off for 8 hours" and then naxx will come when it comes, as long as its before midnight of the next day were on "schedule"..... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP
Reply Quote
Any word what time Naxx goes live?
Reply Quote
they are gonna make us wait all !@#$ing day watch, just annoying
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 08:12 PMPosted by Lotus
so if its not for Naxx then what the hell are you guys doing for 8 hours?

Most likely, they ARE adding the naxx content during those 8 hours. It won't be available immediately because they want to roll it out to all regions simultaneously.

u know other game companies do content patches in less than 5 mins of server downtime

Keep in mind, this isn't just Naxxramas. They are laying the groundwork for all future adventure modes. In theory, taking an extensive amount of time to release Naxx will also shorten our wait time for future adventure mode expansions. :D
Reply Quote
Keep in mind, this isn't just Naxxramas. They are laying the groundwork for all future adventure modes. In theory, taking an extensive amount of time to release Naxx will also shorten our wait time for future adventure mode expansions. :D[/quote]

if you truly believe that then ur in denial, blizzard ALWAYS takes 8 hours if not more server downtime EVERY single time a content patch is released. Its never going to be shorter, we can only hope it doesn't get longer and in this case it got longer and a lot of people are unhappy, myself included.

its just ridiculous what blizzard thinks they can get away with these days, i guess that's what happens when you go mainstream, you think u can make ur gamers jump through hoops just cause we all really really want to play ur game right blizz? That may be true but soon enough ppl will switch to different games if you keep this BS up
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
so if its not for Naxx then what the hell are you guys doing for 8 hours?

It's for Naxx. The clarification was that Naxx isn't going to be live the second Hearthstone comes back. The maintenance could go longer for one region than others, as well as different maintenance times. Naxx will be a controlled simultaneous release when all regions are stable. It's most likely going to be live later on Tuesday.

What you think is that the maintenance will install Naxx and bam, you get Naxx next time you login. What is really happening is that Naxx will be installed with a switch. That switch will be turned at Blizzard's discretion so that all regions get it at the same time.
Edited by Kanegasi on 7/21/2014 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]