Naxx Eggtender Druid

After fully clearing the Arachnid wing (and class challenges), I got to looking at the cards it unlocks, and realized that Druid has potentially to exploit the eggs fairly well, and end up with an agro feel to it.

Here's a current snapshot of a WIP for what I'm calling an Eggtender Druid.

2x Innervate
2x Abusive Sergeant
2x Power of the Wild
2x Wrath
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Nerubian Egg
2x Novice Engineer
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Swipe
2x Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove
1x Nourish
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Ancient of Lore

Mana Curve:
0: 2
1: 2
2: 11
3: 2
4: 6
5: 5
6: 0
7: 2

As I said, it's a WIP, so there's still a fair amount of room for improvement, so comments and suggestions are welcome.
Edited by Almagnus1 on 7/22/2014 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After much playtesting, and an effort to try to bring in some better early game value and speed, here's what the deck looks like now. I've also been contemplating working in a Leeroy, or another good early burst card to help give it a bit more kick.

While this is a pretty extensive overhaul of the deck, most of it centers around finding better solutions for card draw (Loot Hoarders and Coldlights), getting a decent turn 1 drop (Leper Gnome), a more durable minion (Harvest Golem), and a high value utility minion (Acidic Swamp Ooze). There's also an attempt to work in some additional burst to the deck (Savage Roar, Dire Wolf Alpha).

It's also up at Hearthpwn now, at http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/76386-naxx-eggtender-druid

Out:
2x Innervate
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Novice Engineer
2x Swipe
1x Nourish
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Ancient of Lore

In:
2x Leper Gnome
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Savage Roar
2x Coldlight Oracle
2x Harvest Golem

New Decklist:
2x Abusive Sergeant
2x Leper Gnome
2x Power of the Wild
2x Wrath
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Nerubian Egg
2x Savage Roar
2x Coldlight Oracle
2x Harvest Golem
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove

Mana Curve:
0: 0
1: 4
2: 14
3: 8
4: 4
5+: 0
Reply Quote
no room for swipe? I tried with -1 ooze -1 harvest my two wins so far was with swiping a taunt to roar to victory
Edited by Nephilim on 7/25/2014 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll have to make that tweak, as that's a card that I'm looking to work back into the deck. Same goes for Druid of the Claw.

Other cards I've been contemplating on including are Claw, Leeroy, Bluegil Warrior, Arcane Golem, and Mukla, to help give the deck more early game power, but I'm still playing around with the deck and not at a stable point with it.
Reply Quote
I had something similar i played in casual but i went for haunted creeper murloc tidehunter, razorfin hunter, dragonling mechanic in combination with soul of the forest, i could get 3-5 + creatures turned into mini harvest golems and then it's the inevitable count down to savage roar with power of the wild support.

I see this concept popping up in different forms all over the druid forum and i'm not surprised, i've been playing mine for months but the new naxx cards take it over the edge. Also swipe gives you reach, 4 damage to the face is sometimes very useful.

With soul of the forest aggro druid can be blisteringly fast or but also slow down and control the board. It's an insane card though i'm not sure it's what a pure aggro deck like yours wants...
Edited by EskimoPup on 7/25/2014 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll have to experiment with SoF. How many were you running in your deck?

I'm noticing the deck feels kinda disjointed atm, and there's a lot more Naxx cards that would help smooth it out a bit, hopefully we get them sooner than later =/

Edit:
After looking at the mill cards.... including them would help the deck, as it gains some decent creatures (Mukla, Swords), the existing deathrattles would work well Rivendare, and the downside to Naturalize would actually have synergy with the other cards.
Edited by Almagnus1 on 7/25/2014 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Um, what's the point of running this as a druid? No Swipes (best Druid card), no Poison Seeds, all your druid cards are just 4 cards. If you run this as a warlock zoo the hero power will benefit you more than these Druid cards combined, and you can then play cards like that creature that eats other creatures or that 3 damage AOE that will trigger the egg immediately. I'm also not sure what the savage roar is for, you don't run the combo and you're not a token deck.
Reply Quote
I'm running 2 SoF but i'm pretty invested in a more controllish deck since i get 2 bodies for most of my creatures my game plan is to control the board until i can SoF at least 3-5 creatures then use savage roar, power of the wild and swipe to the face to win out of nowhere.

I can still win out of nowhere without SoF it can be a very fast deck with a lot of damage output depending on the draw.

Mine's more of token aggro-control deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]