Abusive Sergeant × 2
Leper Gnome × 2
Dire Wolf Alpha × 2
Haunted Creeper × 2
Knife Juggler × 2
Loot Hoarder × 2
Nerubian Egg × 2
Harvest Golem × 2

This is probably the best usage of the new naxx cards for druids i've seen yet. I've tried it out a couple of times, and half the time i get my opponent quitting out of frustration by turn 5 even against other aggro decks.

What do you guys think?
Edited by DNasty on 7/29/2014 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks interesting, may try it when I get home. Might sub out the Alphas for Def o'Argus or grovekeepers instead.
Reply Quote
I've tried it already with Def o'Argus already, and they worked fine, but not as well as the alphas. The only added benefit of it over the alphas was to give your units the extra taunt as well, and really this deck doesn't need taunt. Plus the alphas will keep buffing nearby units as the ones next it die off.
Edited by DNasty on 7/24/2014 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
from my experience you will need more conditions to proc eggs in order to get much use out of them.. mabey 2 defenders of Argus.
with 10 spells the term 'Zoo" sort of goes out the window too..
Reply Quote
But that's the thing, you can easily zoo with this deck because of all the units that die and create other units used in combo with soul of the forest.

Soul of the forest + haunted creeper translates into a min of 4 minions. If you play your cards right you can get upwards of 7 from just one haunted creeper (haunted creeper + 2 spectral spiders + 4 treants)
Reply Quote
card draw has been an issue though, so I've swapped out wrath x2 for acolyte of pain x2. You can typically get more than one card draw from one acolyte, especially if you buff with def of argus or power of the wild
Reply Quote
I'm experimenting with Coldlight Oracles at the moment, as I found Nourish to be too slow for my tastes, at least in an aggro deck like this.
Reply Quote
Baron Rivendare could be interesting with this deck.
Reply Quote
i tried it, it doesn't seem to be consistent enough, but cool idea
Reply Quote
Been playing mine for a while but the new naxx cards took it over the edge. I use 2for1 creature cards like murloc tidehunter, dragonling mechanic, razorfin hunter as well as the standard golems and such instead of your aggro weenies. Because almost all my creature cards give me two bodies i get amazing value out of soul of the forests, savage roars, power of the wilds...

Up to know i've only played it casual but the idea is very nasty. Soul of the forest is like the spine that gives it inevitability, the card is back breaking.
Reply Quote
I've been running it for a week now and I love it. I've been messing around with the card draw minions and took out all but the essential spells, and experimenting with the Battlecry: Summon X cards and it keeps getting more interesting.

Eskimo Pup is right, the soul of the forest is crucial though and i love that with all the naxx cards, there is a legitimate function for the card
Reply Quote
Also for the record, i've been using it in ranked recently. Because no one is quite used to the idea of an aggro/zoo druid yet, they don't seem to be expecting it. I don't play ranked that much but I jumped from 18 to 12 pretty damn fast.
Reply Quote
imagine this deck with 'undertaker' and 'flesheating ghoul'.

With the full naxx card list available we'll see several new druid aggro decks for sure.
Reply Quote
Undertaker might do well in the deck, but flesheating ghoul would create serious issues. Too many units have 1 - 2 health already and the ghoul would probably just end up doing more damage than it was worth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]