Roar Druid rank 15 need help!

Intro:

Hello! I used to mainly play a ramp druid, and while I wasn't the best, I was able to make it to rank 15 every season (which is my goal until I get better cards). This season I was really pissed off because I could only get rank 19 with my ramp druid. 2 days ago, I realized that the meta does not favor ramp druid right now, so I made myself a midrange roar druid, and it did surprisingly well! It got me to rank 15 (wooo!)

Deck talk:

This deck has given me about a 65% win ratio, and is able to counter rush decks easily while being able to exert pressure against non aggro decks. This deck struggles the most against control warrior.

Card list:

Innervate x2
Wild Growth x2
Wrath x2
Loot Hoarder
Savage Roar
Earthen Ring Farseer x2
Harvest Golem x2
Swipe x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Keeper of the Grove x2
Nourish
Starfall
Azure Drake x2
Druid of the Claw x2
Stampeding Kodo
Force of Nature
Argent Commander
Sunwalker
Ancient of Lore x2

Explanation:

I will explain my reasoning behind some of my cards.

Loot Hoarder: I found that this deck needed more card draw to get the wombo combo, so I tossed him in.

Earthen Ring Farseer: I include these over healing touch so I can also get a body on the board.

Harvest Golem: Exerts pressure and can also be a "tank" vs early turns vs zoo

Chillwind Yeti: I use these over Sen'jin because of better stats and the fact that this deck is trying to go more offensive, not defensive.

Azure Drake: Card draw and spell power. I don't run blood mage thalanos so this is how I get my spellpower. I need the card draw for the wombo combo.

Stampeding Kodo: This is very unorthodox, but I can't begin to describe how many times this has traded 2 for 1 or saved my life.

Sunwalker: I may replace it with another Argent Commander, but it is still a good card in case you need some bulkiness late game.

Conclusion:

Thank you for reading this! Please give me all the help and suggestions you can! Maybe one of you can help me get to rank 10!
Edited by Cjmanjanson on 7/28/2014 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Cjmanjanson
Innervate x2
Wild Growth x2
Wrath x2
Loot Hoarder
Savage Roar
Earthen Ring Farseer x2
Harvest Golem x2
Swipe x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Keeper of the Grove x2
Nourish
Starfall
Azure Drake x2
Druid of the Claw x2
Stampeding Kodo
Force of Nature
Argent Commander
Sunwalker
Ancient of Lore

Just what I would personally do:
+1 FoN
-1 Starfall
+1 SR
-1 Farseer
-1 Nourish
+1 Ancient of Lore

Extra FoN can make combo finisher/clear more consistent while also sort of acting like starfall for 3 minions or 6 dmg for one minion

1 Farseer is probably enough as you have golems and yetis. the extra SR can add tempo and get you into lethal range or be used with argent commanders/FoN

You should have 2 Lores, not only does it draw you cards but puts a 5/5 on the board. Nourish wastes a whole turn unless used with a ramp druid for mana crystals..

I'd probably also take out the loot hoarder for a mark of the wild. As long as you either get innervate, wild growth, or your 3 drops in your mulligan, your curve should probably be okay and extra draw might not be needed. Use drakes and lores for early draw if possible. jmo
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 03:32 PMPosted by john
You should have 2 Lores, not only does it draw you cards but puts a 5/5 on the board. Nourish wastes a whole turn unless used with a ramp druid for mana crystals..

Yep my mistake I forgot an AoL. I added it back in.
Reply Quote
I have a similar deck and have similar issues with control warriors. but it can outrun zoo decks, which is nice. mine is a bit more aggro, since I don't have nourish or sunwalker, so in place of the sunwalker I have another argent commander. but I definitely recommend a second savage roar. great to trade up minions, and sometimes you don't even need FoN to finish a match out. but the second roar gives you crazy burst potential

I'll agree that kodo is unorthdox, but I don't doubt that it can give you a pretty nice swing at times. of your other cards, everything seems pretty standard. I don't go with loot hoarder. lore, 1 azure, and wrath are generally good enough draw for me. power of the wild is a nice addition, it can give you a pseudo roar, or it can buff your minions to make favorable trades or keep them out of range of some spells. faerie dragon is an awesome early drop against a lot of decks

a second sunwalker or argent commander would be great drops as well.
Reply Quote
Have you tried running the slime guy to help (somewhat) in your poor warrior matchup?
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Ironballs
Have you tried running the slime guy to help (somewhat) in your poor warrior matchup?

I could, but that would be only one weapon out of the potential 5-7 that he has, and it doesn't really help with any other matchup.
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 04:06 PMPosted by IronTide
a second sunwalker or argent commander would be great drops as well.

Yep I am thinking of a second argent commander. I may get rid of the sunwalker for it...
Reply Quote
I think your deck lacks focus, it is neither a quick deck nor a long game deck. To see my take on the Token strategy:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13661025998
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]