cheating druid

it cleary states on the farie dargon card that it can not be targeted by spells or hero powers yet the dam cheating druid used his hero power to 1 shot my farrie dragon in the form of direct damage
Reply Quote
A Keeper of the Grove's ability is neither a spell nor a hero power. Compare this against the helper text for stealth, which is something the Keeper can't target.
Reply Quote
He was talking about Druid hero power but he's still wrong. Shapeshift gives Malfurion an attack value, like having a weapon equipped. Malfurion then attacks which is what targets the Faerie Dragon, not the hero power itself.
Reply Quote
Uhhhhhhhh Druid hero power gives it one damage and one armor. It's not one shotting a Faerie Dragon. You high?

You might be talking about Keeper of the Grove, in which case you are high... But that 2 damage is neither a spell nor a hero power -- it's a Battlecry. Simple mechanics.
Reply Quote
He is probably talking about the "claw" spell, which gives 2 armor and 2 atk.
Reply Quote
07/24/2014 06:16 PMPosted by anAmishLady
But that 2 damage is neither a spell nor a hero power -- it's a Battlecry.

Actually, it's not even battlecry, and doesn't count as such. It's "choose one". Very similar, but in different category.
Reply Quote
07/24/2014 03:10 PMPosted by bruticus
it cleary states on the farie dargon card that it can not be targeted by spells or hero powers yet the dam cheating druid used his hero power to 1 shot my farrie dragon in the form of direct damage

druid hero power doesn't do 1 target damage (it's the mage hero power). It give +1att +1shield. Faerie Dragon is not immune to attack.
Reply Quote
Think about it like this:

Using Claw or Shapeshift targets the Druid hero which gives him attack, like a weapon. Faerie Dragons can be killed by other weapons, so this is consistent with the card text.
Reply Quote
here is another gem to consider.
When comparing claw to a weapon remember that it is actually not a weapon.. since it does not effect cards like Bloodsail raider .
So it infact seems much more like an enhanced HP than a weapon or spell.

Mind Blown

either way dont see the beef with being able to deal physical damage to the FD.

What i would like to see would be the attack damage you get from claw affecting cards like bloodsail raider.. I dont see why they dont
Edited by KLRT on 7/25/2014 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/25/2014 09:08 AMPosted by KLRT
What i would like to see would be the attack damage you get from claw affecting cards like bloodsail raider.. I dont see why they dont

Heroic Strike also doesn't affect bloodsail. The attack must be coming from a weapon(as dictated in her card text), not from a spell or buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]