Curse of Naxxramas - The Plague Quarter Opening Times

(Locked)

Community Manager
You've braved the creepy crawly horrors of the Arachnid Quarter - now prepare yourself for new cards, new bosses and more fun with Curse of Naxxramas: The Plague Quarter!

The Plague Quarter will open at the following times per region:

Americas: Tuesday, July 29th at 11:59 PM PDT
Europe: Tuesday, July 29th at 11:59 PM CEST
Korea/Taiwan: Wednesday , July 30th at 12:59 AM KST / Tuesday, July 29th 11:59 PM CST
China: Tuesday, July 29th at 11:59 PM CST

(Americas Region) The cards that players can acquire in The Plague Quarter will be featured on the official Hearthstone blog here once The Plague Quarter is live in the Americas region.

Good luck and have fun acquiring new cards for your Hearthstone collection!
Edited by Aratil on 7/29/2014 2:27 PM PDT
MVP - Hearthstone
Thanks for the exact times Zeriyah <3
Huh? Why Wednesday?
Thank you for the update! <3
Thanks !
07/28/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Shadow
Huh? Why Wednesday?

That's for Korea
07/28/2014 05:35 PMPosted by Seefer
Huh? Why Wednesday?

That's for Korea

Yeah but 11:59 pm tuesday is basically 12:00A wednesday lol.
Huh? Why Wednesday?

That's for Korea

11:59 is bascially Wednesday.

Which is actually a week and a day from the release of the Spider Wing...just curious.
not sure what logic is behind this instead of releasing it during the day when staff are around in case there are hiccups, but it is what it is. was hoping to be able to play during the day tomorrow to get it done.
either way, looking forward to it.
07/28/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Shadow

That's for Korea

Which is actually a week and a day from the release of the Spider Wing...just curious.

Probably to help with the server load. Remember the lag from last time?
Probably to reduce peak traffic so that the lag issues aren't as bad. Fewer people will play it AS SOON as it comes out. And then probably a lot of people will play it when they wake up in the morning but that will be spaced out a bit as different people wake up at different times.
07/28/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Pyrus

Why not 11:59 Monday
07/28/2014 05:43 PMPosted by zulukiwi
Probably to reduce peak traffic so that the lag issues aren't as bad. Fewer people will play it AS SOON as it comes out. And then probably a lot of people will play it when they wake up in the morning but that will be spaced out a bit as different people wake up at different times.

what he said probably
Huh? Why Wednesday?

This is what everyone else is thinking. Makes literally no sense to not make it Monday night/Tuesday morning when EVERYTHING is released on a Tuesday.

07/28/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Pyrus

I don't see why releasing it Monday night would make it worse than Tuesday night.
Edited by Polarthief on 7/28/2014 6:08 PM PDT
Wow, that's really disappointing. I knew playing at midnight tonight was a long shot, but I can't even play in the afternoon tomorrow? It's a let down.
Once I find that nice token reward chest for completing the first heroics, which also applies to other wings, I'm more than happy to buy the entire adventure set.

Here to hoping that the Hearthstone team is as accommodating as the new Diablo 3 team who has delivered only positive experience so far with each update making the game better.
I understand it will help with the server load, but ouch, that's like 3a.m in the eastern part of americas... And I did cleared out all my quests and arena ongoing game to make sure I could work fully on the second wing tomorrow. Shoot, hope you give me a good quest tomorrow then!
Typical Hearthstone team. Doing something that doesn't make sense and then not explaining the reason for it.
I feel like this unfairly punishes players on the east coast.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]