Sick and tired of priests

NB: All priest players just can the flaming from the start. It's pointless. Won't reply.

I am sick and tired of priests. Sure I win them at least half the time, but they are poisoning my general peace of mind. The card stealing is too frustrating.

For the rest the game is extremely enjoyable. Nothing else frustrates me as much as this one thing. There's just this one shadow hanging over me which no so much screws with my chances to win on average, but just aggrevates me no end.

I'm talking not so much about a problem with losing sometimes, but more about the general vibe priest brings to the game. And I am aware that by all accounts priests suffer at the highest levels of competitions, but it does not change the fact that it causes resentment towards the game and its creators for making a purely griefing deck.

Its like Blizzard created a deck purely for trolls which they favour tremendously for maximum griefing. Look at maexxna... Sure it's neat for anybody and decent for hunter. But it was practically tailored to the needs of the priest mid to late game.

I don't play priest. Nor do my friends. When we play vs amongst one another we have no wish to grief each other. And when we play vs priests we just roll our eyes. Not because we cannot win, but because we know there is a good chance we'll be spewing bile before the end of the game.
Edited by Archetype on 7/27/2014 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
dont worry
once their class cards come out they'll actually be amazing and not just annoying so you'll see them everywhere.
Reply Quote
You are taking Thoughtsteal and Mind Vision the wrong way. He is not sneaking into your deck/hand and takes the card while you'r not looking but asks for a copy of your card because his are either bad or conditional.
Mind Control on the other hand might be considered a theft =/
Reply Quote
I agree with your sentiment. Priests are not so hard to beat, but they are annoying as hell to play against.Some times, I'd concede than to play against a priest.
Reply Quote
I don't have problems with Priests stealing my cards, especially since they can also get unlucky and get cards they can't use or are combo reliant. But I don't like playing vs Priests because the games usually take longer, so that's annoying.
Reply Quote
So priest using copies of your cards is stealing. But you are fine with mirror matches?
Reply Quote
Priestirino always takes my lightning storm and my axe. Every. Time. X(.
Edited by Metastu on 7/27/2014 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would fight priests all day instead of handlock and token druid mirror matches.
Reply Quote
Priests are hilarious to play as for the exact reasons you despise them. It's fun to steal minions and play spells that you usually wouldn't have access to. It isn't 'griefing', it's using the tools at your disposal in an attempt to control the game, the same as every other class.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 06:20 AMPosted by KinkyJohnFow
Priests are hilarious to play as for the exact reasons you despise them. It's fun to steal minions and play spells that you usually wouldn't have access to. It isn't 'griefing', it's using the tools at your disposal in an attempt to control the game, the same as every other class.

thoughtsteal is 2 cards for 4 = 32 cards in deck. Albeit 4 random luck based.

And the point is not that other classes do not have great plays, it's just that it can really make your day sour. I just had another game with priest. Out of 6 cards in my hand he stole the leeroy jenkins. So now of course stopping playing for a while and watching some series so that my bad mood does not make me play poorly.

It's just a reality of HearthStone. You have to be prepared for a Priest to spoil epic gaming every few hours.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 06:20 AMPosted by KinkyJohnFow
It's fun to steal minions and play spells that you usually wouldn't have access to. It isn't 'griefing', it's using the tools at your disposal in an attempt to control the game, the same as every other class.

^

07/27/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Archetype
And the point is not that other classes do not have great plays, it's just that it can really make your day sour. I just had another game with priest. Out of 6 cards in my hand he stole the leeroy jenkins. So now of course stopping playing for a while and watching some series so that my bad mood does not make me play poorly.

I know how it feels to be frustrated with a game, but that does not mean priest cards are for griefing.
Edited by Xoxin on 7/27/2014 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
WHAAAAAA

my own cards are too good!!

wqhhaaaaa waaaaaaaa

stop hitting yourself, tool.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Archetype
NB: All priest players just can the flaming from the start. It's pointless. Won't reply.

I am sick and tired of priests. Sure I win them at least half the time, but they are poisoning my general peace of mind. The card stealing is too frustrating.

For the rest the game is extremely enjoyable. Nothing else frustrates me as much as this one thing. There's just this one shadow hanging over me which no so much screws with my chances to win on average, but just aggrevates me no end.

I'm talking not so much about a problem with losing sometimes, but more about the general vibe priest brings to the game. And I am aware that by all accounts priests suffer at the highest levels of competitions, but it does not change the fact that it causes resentment towards the game and its creators for making a purely griefing deck.

Its like Blizzard created a deck purely for trolls which they favour tremendously for maximum griefing. Look at maexxna... Sure it's neat for anybody and decent for hunter. But it was practically tailored to the needs of the priest mid to late game.

I don't play priest. Nor do my friends. When we play vs amongst one another we have no wish to grief each other. And when we play vs priests we just roll our eyes. Not because we cannot win, but because we know there is a good chance we'll be spewing bile before the end of the game.

You have to understand that this game is made by some kids with no clue what they were doing. Stealing your opponent cards should not be an option at all. FACT. lol
Reply Quote
^ Then make your own game.
Reply Quote
Miracle rogue has like a 99% win rate against priests. Just play it like everyone else is. Blizzard doesn't have any plans to do anything about it.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Stri
Miracle rogue has like a 99% win rate against priests. Just play it like everyone else is. Blizzard doesn't have any plans to do anything about it.

well at least loatheb will help some
Reply Quote
Why would a priest run Maexnna? Priest is fun to play, and has a huge skill cap. It's one of the least frustrating decks for me to play against, since it takes a really smart player to win with it.
Edited by Welshy on 7/28/2014 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just like any other deck, they have some strong and weak matchups. Unlike any other deck however, they either totally crush you or lose in a humiliating manner. Whenever I feel like there are too many priests on the ladder, I just switch to murlocs. I think winning on turn 7 is the worst I've done so far in that matchup...
Reply Quote
Actually there isn't even any real reason to wait for Dark Cultist. Priest got an indirect buff in the first wing. The arachnid infusion has led me to increase my number of Cabals from 1 to 2. Maexxna just begs to be moved to my side of the board along with the eggs. The spider isn't really worth stealing, I let my opponents keep those. You are right though, this expansion is really a boon for priests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]