Improving on my Monster Druid

I created this deck after getting Cenaurius in a pack. So I wanted to use him, and chuck in all my other big monsters. I did well with it in my first evening gaming, going from rank 14 to rank 8.

I platued out there, and want to take it a bit farther. Here's what i've been using

Innervate x2
Wild Growth x2
Wrath x2
Mark of the Wild x2
Swipe x2
Shen-jin Shieldmasta x2
Big Game Hunter
Faceless Manipulator
Chillwind Yeti
Keeper of the Grove x2
Druid of the Claw x2
Nourish
Sunwalker x2
Ancient of War x2
Ancient of Lore x2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Ragnaros
Ysera
Cenaruius

I played about ~20 games last night, winning 15 of them (mostly straight).

I can't decide on what I should get rid of? And what to put in. I've got enough dust for another Leg, so getting TBK, Sylvanas or Cairne is an option.

I'm leaning towards dropping mark of the wild for one of those.
Reply Quote
I would remove Nourish and 1 Mark of the wild for 2 Azure Drake. And remove either Ysera or Cenarius (because you will suffer too much vs aggro) for 1 Harvest Golem (you lack 3 drops)
Reply Quote
Good advice, but i'll probably do half of that.

I don't want to drop my Nourish (it's gold), but it's probably a good idea. Dropping that and a MotW for a Drake and a Golem.

I don't want to ditch Ysera. She's been really useful in this deck, as by the time I get her out, my opponent has used all their removal and she's good for 2-3 cards each time.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 08:47 PMPosted by Belly
Good advice, but i'll probably do half of that.

I don't want to drop my Nourish (it's gold), but it's probably a good idea. Dropping that and a MotW for a Drake and a Golem.

I don't want to ditch Ysera. She's been really useful in this deck, as by the time I get her out, my opponent has used all their removal and she's good for 2-3 cards each time.

You will see as you get higher and higher in your rank. Many games become a lot shorter and you wont even have the time to play your bigger minions. Against Miracle Rogue for example Ysera will become a dead card in your hand.
Reply Quote
I'd craft TBK. It is a godsend against mirror matches, control pallys and SOMETIMES versus zoo.
Reply Quote
id take out ragnaros, ysera, faceless manipulator and nourish.

Probably would be wise to remove 1 of Your mark of The Wild since you most likely will have the bigger creatures anyways and your just opening yourself up to a silence taking out multiple cards of yours on top of you have so many taunts as it is already.

While your deck is fun to play, I have one like it as well where I just throw in every legend I have and it does its job well. But the higher in rank you go the more streamlined and consistent your deck needs to be, this is why you are hitting a wall, because your deck has glaring holes that make it weak to a variety of decks that will consistently produce threats every turn.

A ysera is really only useful against a priest and if you can double innervate it out early, and also useful in the mirror match because opposing druids have no real option to take out 12 hp. Against every other deck its a waste of a turn, Hunter will mark it or deadly shot it, mage will sheep it, shaman will hex it, zoo and aggro pally will kill you before you play it and rogue will combo out before you get it as well. So a card slot dedicated to helping you against 2 decks in the meta that are not the most popular ones to play by any means, on top of that you actually have to draw it and it being just one chances are you wont when it will produce the best effect.

Ragnaros is complete RNG, you have no control over it. It could just as easily hit a Harvest golem and be a complete waste of your turn as it could hit something you want. On top of that its the only creature you have over 6 attack so you have created a situation where every opponent playing BGH will just sit waiting for you to drop that one minion you have, chances are Rag will be BGH the second you play it. wasting your turn.

Nourish has its use, and its not in control. If your looking for draw, throw in ancient of lores and azure drakes. If your looking for crystals, you already have innervates and wild growths. Mid game, turns 3-6 are control druids most important turns, you need to establish board control and wipe out your opponents threats. Wasting a entire turn on something that does nothing to achieve either of those goals is a death sentence. Nourish is best used in an aggro based Druid deck.

If your looking for your next craft, IMO its def TBK, you will love this card in mirror matches and many decks now run Senjin as a answer to zoo, you will get value out of that card more often then you wont.
Reply Quote
The Black Knight is amazing. You'll have to swap a legendary out for him.
Reply Quote
I created TBK last night. Really handy card. Also have Sylvanas now too.

I see your point on Ysera. She's fun, but I'm not seeing much return. Raggy however has been amazing. I can't see myself getting rid of him.

I've dropped the nourish, a Sunwalker and a MotW in favour of a Harvest Golem, Sylvanas and TBK. I also ditched something for an Azure Drake. I forget what exactly.

Ysera will be replaced with another Harvet Golem I think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]