Extremely solid deck /Never lose again vs zoo

Here is my new deck:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/79525-watcher-egg

This deck is as solid in the early game as it is in the late game. Very well rounded deck, doesn't really as any weakness, work well in all mach up.

In the early game it as mainly:
2 Ancient Watcher
2 Nurubian Egg
2 Sunfury Protector
2 Defender of Argus

Very annoying for the opponent to deal with and stop the momentum of zoo completely

In the late game it as mainly:
Cairne
Sylvannas
2 Ancient of War

This deck as so many taunts that if you manage to gain board advantage is pretty much gg. The opponent his block and has to trade with your minions and you can go directly for his face.
You need to have very bad draws or luck to lose against miracle rogue.

One theme of this deck is that it as many minions that can be silence. So if I see my opponent silencing my Nurubian egg in the early game, I don't really care because that means he wont be able to silence bigger threat later on like Sylvannas or Cairne.

Note that this deck:
- as nothing that can be kill by BGH
- I consider putting Rag or Ysera, but I don't really have the space for them and find them too costly; more often than not they are dead cards vs aggro.
- doesn't run wild growth because it already has many 2 drops. Wild growth make you loose too much momentum in my opinion in the earlier game. I feel like this deck is more appropriate against the current meta where ladder is currently filled with aggro decks.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Edited by MatGagne on 7/27/2014 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes right ""never"" ever heard of rng !@#$?
Reply Quote
Played a couple of games today, didn't played much this month so I had to climb up the ladder. Jump from rank 7 to rank 5 with 7 wins and 1 loss. Funny enough my only loss was versus a priest.
I truly believe that this deck is currently the most consistent one to climb up the ladder. In every mach up I am confident I can win.
Reply Quote
I put something like this together, but went a little more extreme into the aggro taunt arena. I sought to focus on deathrattle generators that can be taunted. The sorta core of the deck is listed below. It does make for some fantastic synergies. Thoughts?

2 - Mark of the Wild
2 - Ancient Watcher
2 - Haunted Creeper
2 - Harvest Golem
2 - Nerubian Egg
2 - Sunfury Protector
2 - Defender of Argus
Reply Quote
still trying this one out, so far i went 5 in a row.
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 09:12 AMPosted by HolyLime
I put something like this together, but went a little more extreme into the aggro taunt arena. I sought to focus on deathrattle generators that can be taunted. The sorta core of the deck is listed below. It does make for some fantastic synergies. Thoughts?

2 - Mark of the Wild
2 - Ancient Watcher
2 - Haunted Creeper
2 - Harvest Golem
2 - Nerubian Egg
2 - Sunfury Protector
2 - Defender of Argus

Mhhh, your deck look very different from mine with those changes. It looks like a very aggressive deck with all your low cost minions. I don't know about your late game? but i'll go for 1 force of nature and 2 savage roar instead of big minions like ancient of war, I think it would synergize very well with your deck!

07/28/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Aragorn
still trying this one out, so far i went 5 in a row.

Great, I'm glad its working out for you too!
Reply Quote
This is interesting, maybe I will try it out. The only question is, what would you replace Sylvanas with? Also, does it really work that well for you, I feel like it wouldn't be as effective against zoo, I am not an expert though.
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 08:18 PMPosted by Session
This is interesting, maybe I will try it out. The only question is, what would you replace Sylvanas with? Also, does it really work that well for you, I feel like it wouldn't be as effective against zoo, I am not an expert though.

Yes it's working extremely well! Rubian egg + ancient watcher + defender of argus in the middle stop zoo completely (don't forget you get a 4/4 from the egg). Then, if at turn 7 you can play a Ancient of War there is really nothing he can do from there. This deck doesn't run wild growth, it makes a big difference against zoo also.

You can replace sylvanas for an additional Druid of the claw.
Or Argent Commander.
Or Ysera (synergize well with this deck, because at one point, the opponent will run out of silence)
Edited by MatGagne on 7/28/2014 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@MatGagne

I have found that so far the force of natures are unneeded. Though I definitely added in 2 Marks of the Wild with the Druid staple of 2 X Keeper of the Grove. This deck packs a surprising amount of punch exactly like you noticed. I sort of termed it a really aggressive sit back deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]