OMG this druid deck

I won on turn 5 with this deck and it seems to be really solid so far 75% at rank 5 on ladder.
after some more testing i may consider taking out a card for another savage roar.. not sure what though maybe claw. Try this out and let me know what you think.
2x claw
2x argent squire
2x power of the wild
2x wrath
2xhaunted creeper
2x nerubian egg
1x savage roar.. Might need 2 though
2xharvest golem
2x swipe
2x defender or argus
2x keeper of the grove
2x violet teacher
2x starfall
2x azure drake
2x druid of the claw
1x force of nature
Reply Quote
Using something very similar. Started last night. Went from rank 13 to 8 in a couple hours.
Reply Quote
i honestly dont think nerubian egg deserves a place in a token deck, especially not 2 seeing as you had to include 2 arguses just to enable it whereas if you just ditched them and put 2 teachers and 2 argent commanders in you'd get better results imho. im not saying its bad but i also dont think there arent better options.

also i recommend including either poison seeds or BGH/TBK to deal with control paladins and handlocks cos otherwise they're a nightmare(and i seem to be running into them at rank5 all the time)
Edited by shaunika on 7/26/2014 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed with other poster, in ranks 1-4 you're going to run into a lot of handlocks or ramp druids who will wreck you if you don't have a way to deal with large taunts. Poison Seeds is bad in any deck IMO so I'd remove the 2 eggs and put in a BGH and Black Knight.

How do you do on card draw with this deck? You have a lot of cheap minions so if you run into a control pally or priest they're going to run you dry by turn 7. If the idea is to end it before then (which is tough with both their levels of aoe), then running 2 force/savage roars is a must, perhaps replacing either squires or creepers (having 4 1-attack minions is a bit slow IMO).

Just my thoughts.
Edited by Imperius on 7/26/2014 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/26/2014 09:16 AMPosted by Imperius
Agreed with other poster, in ranks 1-4 you're going to run into a lot of handlocks or ramp druids who will wreck you if you don't have a way to deal with large taunts. Poison Seeds is bad in any deck IMO so I'd remove the 2 eggs and put in a BGH and Black Knight.

How do you do on card draw with this deck? You have a lot of cheap minions so if you run into a control pally or priest they're going to run you dry by turn 7. If the idea is to end it before then (which is tough with both their levels of aoe), then running 2 force/savage roars is a must, perhaps replacing either squires or creepers (having 4 1-attack minions is a bit slow IMO).

Just my thoughts.

poison seeds isnt bad at all, especially if he runs starfall
it destroys handlocks, and kills concealed auctioneers.
Edited by shaunika on 7/26/2014 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/26/2014 09:07 AMPosted by shaunika
i honestly dont think nerubian egg deserves a place in a token deck, especially not 2 seeing as you had to include 2 arguses just to enable it whereas if you just ditched them and put 2 teachers and 2 argent commanders in you'd get better results imho. im not saying its bad but i also dont think there arent better options.

also i recommend including either poison seeds or BGH/TBK to deal with control paladins and handlocks cos otherwise they're a nightmare(and i seem to be running into them at rank5 all the time)

Well I originally made this deck to counter zoo and so far seems to do a good job. Power of the wild and savage roar are also enablers for egg and they are also great aoe deterrent. I beat a priest on turn 5 because of savage roar plus a broken haunted creeper let me do a ton of damage.

Just my thoughts.

While I do agree this deck would not do well against control you can either have a deck that does well against agro, well against control, or a balanced deck. If you hadn't noticed ladder is rampant with zoo lock and miracle rogue right now so I chose to make a deck that does well against zoo lock so I could win a majority of my games. If the meta shifts so will my deck/deck im currently using. I do not have great card draw but I feel loot horder is too weak, and ancient of lore is too slow for this deck. I do how ever think this deck needs one more savage roar but I have won several games so far because no one is expecting that extra two damage from claw. plus claw alows me to clear 1-3 drops pretty easily.
Reply Quote
His deck has a lot of buffs in it, you're just as likely

07/26/2014 09:26 AMPosted by shaunika

Just my thoughts.

So instead of just running a BGH and Black Knight (which put minions on your board as opposed to wrecking your board) you now have to have Starfall in your hand for Seeds to be good? Starfall isn't normally run in decks so there is a cost.
Reply Quote

<span class="truncated">...</span>

So instead of just running a BGH and Black Knight (which put minions on your board as opposed to wrecking your board) you now have to have Starfall in your hand for Seeds to be good? Starfall isn't normally run in decks so there is a cost.

neither black knight nor BGH kills multiple minions and both of them have conditions

and since OP is running starfall anyway, that point is kinda moot.
and its still druids ONLY answer to stealthed auctioner apart from thalnos double swipe face.
im not saying poison seeds is better or that it isnt worse, im just saying that totally discarding it as an option is totally ignorant.
Edited by shaunika on 7/26/2014 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

neither black knight nor BGH kills multiple minions and both of them have conditions

and since OP is running starfall anyway, that point is kinda moot.
and its still druids ONLY answer to stealthed auctioner apart from thalnos double swipe face.
im not saying poison seeds is better or that it isnt worse, im just saying that totally discarding it as an option is totally ignorant.

I didn't discard it as an option, its an option to me just not an optimal one. While his deck does have some deathrattle tokens, it also has TEN minions that are made worse by seeds all of which will be out by the time you'd need to seeds the opponent's board. He also already has 8 minions at the 4 spot which bottlenecks him there. Seeds + Starfall is a nine mana and 2 card board clear, while yes that has its golden dream moments, is not as consistent as BGH or Black Knight which is why it is almost never seen at the higher ranks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]