Climbing the ladder with no legendary cards

If you want to play the Druid class and climb the ladder without legendary cards, play token druid. It carried me to rank 2 this season (I am now rank 3), and with more skill and/or more dedication a player could easily hit legend with this deck.The core can be crafted for 2520 dust:

2x Innervate
2x Power of the Wild
2x Wrath
2x Savage Roar
2x Harvest Golem
2x Swipe
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Violet Teacher
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Force of Nature
2x Ancient of Lore

The most dust is tied up in the 4 epic cards, obviously. If you're saving up for those you can use Argent Commander and Gadzedgan Auctioneer as placeholders. That would bring the core of the deck to 1320 dust. This deck, like any Druid deck, plays board control - but only for the early game. In the mid to late game it tries to set up a big lethal attack using Savage Roar (and more often than not also Force of Nature). This is different from other Druid decks that try to exhaust the opponent of cards and go for the late game win, getting there faster with Wild Growth and protecting themselves with good taunt cards, By finishing the game earlier, this deck can strike before the late game legends hit (and dominate) the table.

To round out the 6 flex spots there are many options to choose from at different mana costs. I would recommend to use at least 2 cards for the very early game (1 or 2 mana).
1: Argent Squire
2: Loot Hoarder, Haunted Creeper, Nerub'ar Weblord
3: Earthen Ring Farseer, Stoneskin Gargoyle, Mind Control Tech
4: Chillwind Yeti, Sen'jin Shielmasta
5: Gadzedgan Auctioneer
6: Argent Commander

I myself am using Argent Squire, Haunted Creeper, and Argent Commander at this moment, because I think they fit the style of the deck the best (early board control, midgame damage burst).

I didn't invent this strategy ofcourse, it is well known and pioneered by others. I hope this inspires some people to start a focused collection of Druid cards to climb the ladder with. If you have experience with this deck please weigh in to correct me (if I'm wrong somewhere) or to discuss your latest findings and builds.

regards
Reply Quote
Nice, I'm running a very similar build with 2x haunted creeper, 1x kobold geomancer, 1x imp master, 1x azure drake, 2x defender of argus and 1x AoL.

I really like the imp master, argus is usually good too as almost never do i have 0 minions out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]