Plague Quarter Purchase Issue Updates

08/01/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Mocha
My first attempt to buy the new wing with gold failed, but then I switched over and played some WoW and came back later that night and it worked just fine for me...

I think this was lucky happenstance. I have played more WoW this week than intended because I can't get the Plague Quarter. Switching between the two games has not helped me with the same issues everyone is reporting.

I also can't buy cards or play arena because of this glitch.

I had no trouble seeing the seasons change and getting my new card back, and my ranked and casual play and quests are still functioning, so there is that to be thankful for.

But please don't be hard on Zeriyah. Remember she is in the middle. While customers are yelling at her, she is likely being tightly controlled by her bosses on many levels about what to say and what not to say. Blizzard usually gets burned by players by giving out information prematurely. It is generally a safer tactic to keep mum until they have very specific, helpful, positive answers.

While I am not a competitive player, I feel the pain of those racing for top ranks being done in by an unfair card advantage. Hopefully something can be done to equalize the field regarding card access. But angry threads and burning the CS reps in ephigy do not bring about positive change on technical issues.

It is frustrating to me too, but please everyone, try to be civil and kind during this crisis.
Reply Quote
I don't really mind so far that I have not gotten the 700g back yet. I am one of the people who got into the wing though with an additional 700g but I would at some point like the 700g back and I know they said they will figure out a way to give it back but I would like to know is some sort of update on it even if its simply "we are still working to address the issues with the plague quarter".
Reply Quote
Couldn't agree more, we need an update!
Reply Quote
I would suggest the tech support forums and still not sure why you felt compelled to use said persons real name.........think it will scare her into giving you information? The only thing stranger than the fact your still having issues is that.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
08/01/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Buryit
I would suggest the tech support forums and still not sure why you felt compelled to use said persons real name.........think it will scare her into giving you information? The only thing stranger than the fact your still having issues is that.

Well, that part of the OP is a quote, so he obviously just copy pasted it as it was with the main point of it being the job description ;)
Reply Quote
Struck me as strange but I guess with all the frustration I should understand.
Reply Quote
08/01/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Steave
This is supposed to have happened already, but it didn't work properly for some

Source for this statement? I have not seen one post saying their q was released.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
08/01/2014 01:33 PMPosted by swords
08/01/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Steave
This is supposed to have happened already, but it didn't work properly for some

Source for this statement? I have not seen one post saying their q was released.
From the thread I linked, first update (so at the bottom of the post):
For failed purchases made by gold, the gold will be released back to you within 10 minutes or so.
Reply Quote
But the gold was re-funded, I have all my gold, and still in q.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
08/01/2014 01:44 PMPosted by swords
But the gold was re-funded, I have all my gold, and still in q.

I misunderstood you then, I thought you were talking about the missing gold, apologies.
Reply Quote
Why would you throw someone under the bus like this... why just her?
Reply Quote
08/01/2014 12:07 AMPosted by Senecus

As for the "voice for the players to the devs" part of the job: Please tell the devs that the wing should be either unlocked for everybody, or 2nd wing cards should be banned til the issue is fixed. It messes up competition in the ladder and in tournaments. There are tournaments this weekend and some players might have to play with a reduced cardpool...

One of the if not these most stupid idea I have read.

Gratz
Edited by Shadow on 8/1/2014 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/01/2014 01:52 PMPosted by RickyEm

Seriously. I work here too, and share some of the 'blame'.

Here's the thing guys, our staff is hard at work to resolve these issues, and have been since we discovered that they were occurring. A number of simultaneous issues popped up, and worse, none of them appeared in testing. Not one.

That means that there are a few different fires to put out, all of which have proven sticky problems to fix. We'll provide updates as soon as we get them in the Technical Support forum sticky. In the meantime, those of us on the communication side are in an awkward position. Sure, we could post periodically stating that yes, we are indeed still looking into this, but how useful is that? It's not as though we're going to stop investigating and working to resolve each and every issue you guys are facing. This isn't exactly a party for any of us.

Instead, it makes more sense to wait until we have a substantive update to provide.

We know you guys just want to play. We're working to make that happen, for everyone, as soon as we can.
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/1/2014 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/01/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Here's the thing guys, our staff is hard at work to resolve these issues, and have been since we discovered that they were occurring. A number of simultaneous issues popped up, and worse, none of them appeared in testing. Not one.

That means that there are a few different fires to put out, all of which have proven sticky problems to fix. We'll provide updates as soon as we get them in the Technical Support forum sticky. In the meantime, those of us on the communication side are in an awkward position. Sure, we could post periodically stating that yes, we are indeed still looking into this, but how useful is that? It's not as though we're going to stop investigating and working to resolve each and every issue you guys are facing. This isn't exactly a party for any of us.

Instead, it makes more sense to wait until we have a substantive update to provide.

We know you guys just want to play. We're working to make that happen, for everyone, as soon as we can.

Daxxarri FTW.
Reply Quote

Forum: Plays Bus (99/99 Charge), attacks Zeh
Zeh's Noble Sacrifice (Dax IRREFUTABLE/LOGIC) triggers
Bus dies
Reply Quote

Could you at least mention any posted update in say this thread because tech support posts don't show up on the standard blue tracker so its hard to tell if there is any update?
Reply Quote
let me speak to your manager, daxxari
Reply Quote

Working for customer service most of my life, it is VERY important to keep in contact with the public, even if nothing new is found out... it helps ease the minds of potentially pissed off customers. I'm actually legitimately surprised that you guys are taking the stance of just not saying anything... to see such unprofessional behavior from such a large successful company is shocking to say the least.
Reply Quote
We should not be mad at CMs. They do what was told by higher management. Bliz higher management is incompetent and at fault.
Reply Quote
how useful is that?

Very useful. You just did it, in fact. We don't feel like ignored peons anymore. Thanks for giving an official, informative, and well-written response.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]