Random game freezes

This started today and never happened before.
In the last couple of matches, the whole game just freezes for about 10-15 seconds and nothing is happening. I don't know if the game time is running towards the end of turn or not. The whole program is just frozen. Did this happen to anyone else?
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
That's probably an effect of lag / partial disconnection. Whenever you get so lagged the game thinks you might be disconnecting it will sort of freeze like that until you reconnect. If it keeps happening you may want to look through the connection sticky.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13021652494
Reply Quote
This just happened to me and I'm pretty sure it was due to the Battle.net launcher downloading updates which proceeded to then completely crash my game when the updater tried forcing me to update or exit Battle.net I was also playing Arena during this and when I relogged it lost me the game. Compensation?
Reply Quote
this has been happening to me all day, which is unusual
Reply Quote
I totally agree that the freezing only started after the update. It happened for both of my PC and laptop
Reply Quote
I also have started to experience these random freezes which only have appeared after today's update. I have not experienced any issues like this since I started playing Hearthstone during beta. My internet is working perfectly fine. The freezes last about 10 to 15 seconds and occur several times per game, seemingly random on my turn or the opponents turn.

Edit: I'm playing on PC Windows 8
Edited by Kablooie on 8/6/2014 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have been having this same issue since the patch. I froze during a game and it reconected me, but it was my turn and i couldnt do anything. Finally the timer started and all of a sudden my cards worked again. It kicked me after of course. Maybe 5-6 times now its done it. Arena, Ranked, and Solo (Naxx and practice).
Reply Quote
Entire game/computer freezes for 2-5 seconds, then unfreezes like nothing happened. Only started happening today after the patch. Might be occurring while performing a dragging action, but I'm not 100% on that yet.

Windows 8 x64
Reply Quote
Started to lag for 10-15 seconds for me every 5 minutes of playing. It is not connection lag as my internet works fine, and I can tell because each time the graphics freeze my cpu fan is working extra hard (cpu working extra) and then pauses. I am on Windows 8 PC. Never happened before. Happened after patch
Reply Quote
Same thing is happening to me. It started after the last update (naxx wing 3), never happened before.

Also, my game never unfreezes, i have to ctrl alt del and finalize the process
Edited by Marmota22 on 8/6/2014 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am getting in game lag as well. It happens while playing Naxx or just building a deck. I am also using Windows 8. I wonder if latest patch affected it because, it was meant for Windows 8 touch screen devices. It's getting annoying. I think this is probably a bug and should get fixed.

Latest Patch to affect Windows 8 touch screen possibly cause for lag.
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 12:39 PMPosted by fluffy
This just happened to me and I'm pretty sure it was due to the Battle.net launcher downloading updates which proceeded to then completely crash my game when the updater tried forcing me to update or exit Battle.net I was also playing Arena during this and when I relogged it lost me the game. Compensation?

Same here...

Core i7 4820K 3,70 GHz
Intel Corporation DZ77GA-70K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Windows 8, 64Bits, All drivers updated
Reply Quote
Exactly as the ppl say.

Never happen to me as well. Today after patch I cant play a single game without gettin freezed for 10-20 seconds every minute or two.

Can´t be a coincidence.

Hope this thread gets special attention.

AMD Athlon x4 640 Processor 3.01 Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6700
Windows 8 Drivers Updated
Edited by Edgar on 8/6/2014 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Please post ur configuration, my two friends on skype using a AMD graphic card and doesn't hav any problem.

Perhaps Nvidia card ?

Sorry for my bad english
Reply Quote
I also encounter same random freezes after the last patch.

Windows 8.0 64 bit
Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2,40 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GT 755M SLI
Reply Quote
game freezes randomly for 5-15 secs, never happend before

it is NOT my internet connection
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Drakke
Please post ur configuration, my two friends on skype using a AMD graphic card and doesn't hav any problem.

Perhaps Nvidia card ?

Sorry for my bad english

Are your 2 friends using Windows 8 as well?

My Spec:
Video Card : Gigabyte 660TI
CPU: 3770K
MOBO: Sabertooth z77
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Typhoon
08/06/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Drakke

Perhaps Nvidia card ?

Sorry for my bad english

Are your 2 friends using Windows 8 as well?

My Spec:
Video Card : Gigabyte 660TI
CPU: 3770K
MOBO: Sabertooth z77

Yes, Windows 8
Reply Quote
Happening to me as well since today.
Reply Quote
Same here on 2 different PC's both on Win 8.0
Edited by bash on 8/6/2014 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]