Random game freezes

Same problem, and as others have reported, it started after the third wing came out.
Reply Quote
Same here... pretty annoying...
Reply Quote
Hi there! I experienced this problem today, did an XPerf trace, and found what is occuring during the freezes: log file writes.

I've zoomed in on a 20s segment here in the Perf Analyzer UI: http://i.imgur.com/DjWiIQp.png

In this 20s span, the Unity debug log is written to about 5000 times. The log spam being written during this period is from methods inside PowerProcessor such as:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

[Power] PowerProcessor.EndCurrentTaskList() - m_currentTaskList=1055

Here is a zip file with both output_log.txt and Power.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sgoNN4g8Huc0J2YWFUUTBJbkU
Reply Quote
1. Go to the Hearthstone Build on your computer (you can use the Show in Explorer option from the Battle.net app)
2. Right click the Hearthstone.exe and go to properties.
3. In the Compatibility tab select "Run this program in comptability mode for:"
4. Set the field to Windows 7.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!! :D Thx
Reply Quote
Freezing from 15 sec up to whole round, happened after the patch. I am using windows 8 and never had this problem before.
Edited by GR3MN on 8/12/2014 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
FYI I updated from 8.0 to 8.1 and the problem has gone away. (stuttering)

Running windows 8.1 now obviously 8.0 previously.
64 bit
GTX 680
Edited by Razeth on 8/12/2014 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also have 8.1 and it freezes upon exiting Hearthstone. I then have to do a hard reset of the computer because of the freeze. I've tried other ways of closing hearthstone and the one that seemed to work was ctrl/alt/del and end the program that way. This is a new issue that seems to have come up from the last big patch.
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 12:03 PMPosted by rabb1t
That's probably an effect of lag / partial disconnection. Whenever you get so lagged the game thinks you might be disconnecting it will sort of freeze like that until you reconnect. If it keeps happening you may want to look through the connection sticky.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13021652494

SERIOUSLY STOP posting useless comments. its not about the connection. It's about the freaking game.
Reply Quote
08/07/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Sapperwix
We're continuing to research this issue but we do have a temporary workaround. Setting your client to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode should resolve most of the freezes and stuttering. Steps below.

1. Go to the Hearthstone Build on your computer (you can use the Show in Explorer option from the Battle.net app)
2. Right click the Hearthstone.exe and go to properties.
3. In the Compatibility tab select "Run this program in comptability mode for:"
4. Set the field to Windows 7.

I'm glad I am able to play games smooth again. Wish I saw this earlier.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
no solutions?sigh this retard thing happen to me frequently sometime even disconnection only happen after naxx.it is your fault blizzad
Reply Quote
blizzard you are not vavle so dont try to make a semi-finished desktop app this is anonying
Reply Quote
08/12/2014 05:01 AMPosted by Furl
In this 20s span, the Unity debug log is written to about 5000 times.

I'd like to add, it's fine to write to a log file 5000 times if you're buffering your writes. It seems that UnityEngine's Debug.Log implementation got messed up for this particular build, though, and the writes are being flushed on every call on Windows 8.0 in particular. I have no good explanation for that; I normally attribute such behavior to interns.
Reply Quote
Happening to me right now as well on both ipad and desktop. Got losses for both games. The blizz launcher is currently dling some patch for diablo. So I guess I can't play until it is done dling. Awesome....
Reply Quote
Same thing with me. Freezing and disconnecting.

WIN 8.1 64bit
nvidia 340.52

changing to win7 compatibilty mode didn't help at all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]