Windows 8.1 crashing after closing the game

Since the new patch today,
My whole computer crashes everytime I close Hearthstone. Am I the only one having this bug?
Reply Quote
Happening to me to as soon as i exit task bar is non responsive and i have to hard boot PC. Unplayable after the patch.
Reply Quote
Came here for the same reason, pretty much exactly what you're telling is happening to me also, the game used to run flawless and my computer is way above what this game requires. :|
Reply Quote
Same here. I can't even access task manager to shut it down after it goes back to desktop. Also horrible frame rate problems in game.
Reply Quote
Yes I am experiencing the same issue on Windows 8.1. Quit Hearthstone and my taskbar becomes unclickable, can't right click my desktop, or alt-tab. The only fix that worked so far was to run a different game otherwise I need to hard reboot my pc.
Reply Quote
Same here... Exact same issue as all you guys, and I too am running Windows 8.1.

Can we get a Blizzard rep to comment on this? Any way we can have this patch looked at?
Reply Quote
Same here.

Able to play the game flawlessly and alt-tab as I please, but as soon as I exit the client Windows becomes unresponsive and I'm unable to restart/shutdown through Task Manager.
Reply Quote
I too am having this issue. Windows crashs after exiting hearthstone.
Reply Quote
This is happening to me too. The sidebar/taskbar will become unresponsive and I've found that I have to wait for a while as the computer realizes the windows explorer bar has become unresponsive and force quits/restarts it. This saves me the trouble of restarting the computer but it is still rather annoying. I wonder if it has something to do with their "compatibility" with touchscreens for windows 8. If so, it's caused issues with the regular computer version of that.
Reply Quote
I am having the same problem since the last update. I am assuming it has something to do with adding Win8 touch feature.
Reply Quote
I have exactly the same problem happening since the new patch.
Reinstalling the game and battle.net desktop tool also does not solve the problem.
Reply Quote
Can confirm this as well. Running Windows 8.1 platform and noticed consistent system unresponsiveness for about a minute after closing the hearthstone client.

A quick look at the task manager during this period sees a large chunk of CPU resources being allocated to a process called Service Host: Remote Procedure Call. After about a minute, this process clears up and my system returns to normal.

Not sure if this is related to the recent windows 8.1 updates yesterday or some other cause but this has definitely never happened before.
Reply Quote
Right click on hearthstone - properties ->compatibility->Run this program in compatibility for: Windows 7 -> check Run this program as an administrator
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have the same problem since the last patch (I have windows 8.1)
I have noticed that the problem happens every time I minimized the Heartstone windows.

After that the only way to reload it is using the task manager to force close the program and all the battle net tasks - a thing that in turn reset the entire desktop...

P.S.
I love the game (and I have it since the closed beta)
Edited by Bengareng on 8/7/2014 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's also happening to me. This new patch is horribly bugged.
Edited by Nightsbane on 8/7/2014 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep, same issue here. It started today and I have been able to reproduce it 3 times. I have to reboot my machine.

Windows 8.1
Reply Quote
08/07/2014 03:11 AMPosted by thealexfish
Yep, same issue here. It started today and I have been able to reproduce it 3 times. I have to reboot my machine.

Windows 8.1

Try this
Right click on hearthstone - properties ->compatibility->Run this program in compatibility for: Windows 7
Reply Quote
Altering the system properties for windows 7 compatibility seems to have cleared up the issue for me suggesting that something in the latest windows patch is not playing well with the hearthstone client.
Reply Quote
Same here after the new patch on Windows 8.1, but Battle.net launcher app was updated too on the same time. Could it be the launcher is causing this?

Anyway, Blizzard fix this please; I have to hard reset my PC every time I quit the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]