Windows 8.1 crashing after closing the game

I think I found a solution: The thing that locks pc is not hearthstone itself, it's the interface of battle.net.

Open battle.net window and hit Options button>Game Settings>General>When I Launch A Game>Minimize the Battle.net window

My computer has not been locked for 2 days. This method really works.
Reply Quote
So when's this going to be fixed? This patch has ruined the hearthstone experience.
Reply Quote
Hopefully this get fixed soon.
Its imposible to play Hearthstone when i cannot minimize because i cannot get back to the game and when i quit the game i always have to reboot PC because my task bar is dead.
Reply Quote
08/14/2014 04:41 AMPosted by starcroft
I think I found a solution: The thing that locks pc is not hearthstone itself, it's the interface of battle.net.

Open battle.net window and hit Options button>Game Settings>General>When I Launch A Game>Minimize the Battle.net window

My computer has not been locked for 2 days. This method really works.

This is not working for me. I´ve already closed the battle.net before closing HS e it still freezes.

What I have tried:

Shut down the PC w/o closing HS: freeze;
Reset the PC w/o closing HS: freeze;
Finish task via task manager: freeze.

This is taking too long to resolve... :/
Reply Quote
so uh, gonna fix this?
Reply Quote
Seriously, fix this problem! This is INSANE that it isn't fixed or addressed with more importance.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to say that I have the same problem. Win8.1 64bit enUS. The cpu fan sometimes really active and then windows crashes. It really crashes windows, no task manager or anything will work.
Edited by tsu on 8/14/2014 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having the same exact issue, I was thinking it was my computer because it never even occurred to me that it could be a patch issue.
Reply Quote
It's not looking good guys. Over here: http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11490519073 today's update says they haven't even been able to replicate the issue yet.

I also find it funny how it says the issue is reported by "several" players. As if 17 pages worth is only "several."

I do not have high hopes that this will be fixed any time soon, judging by what seems to be almost a dismissive attitude towards the issue.
Reply Quote
08/14/2014 09:10 AMPosted by Mediogre
It's not looking good guys. Over here: http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11490519073 today's update says they haven't even been able to replicate the issue yet.

I also find it funny how it says the issue is reported by "several" players. As if 17 pages worth is only "several."

I do not have high hopes that this will be fixed any time soon, judging by what seems to be almost a dismissive attitude towards the issue.

How to replicate in three easy steps!
Step one: go to bestbuy and buy any windows computer.
Step two: play hearthstone then quit
Step three: make her open the box
Reply Quote
Having this problem now too. You have to wait for a long time and sometimes only reset works. Quiting the game using alt+f4 is a great workaround.
Reply Quote
im not sure if its fixed but ive exited out twice now and windows isnt crashing anymore.
Edited by Clue on 8/14/2014 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Happens to me on both of my Win 8.1 64bit work computers.
Reply Quote
EDIT** - It appears it crashes Windows Explorer, making the computer useless until it recovers. Regarding earlier recommendations to have Battlenet close upon start of Hearthstone, it didn't prevent the lock up; however, I was still able to use my opened web browser until Explorer (I think) recovered. For once, I didn't have to restart PC.**

Same here: Every time (100%) I exit Hearthstone game, my computer is locked up completely.

ctrl+alt+delete will allow me to select task manager, but it will never display. Can't alt+4, right click on desktop, click at all on taskbar, anything. Have to manually kill PC power every time and reboot.

Windows 8.1 (or whatever latest is) 64bit
AMD Radeon HD 6950
Edited by ErusNex on 8/14/2014 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still no update on this...
Reply Quote
I understand if the issue isn't resolved yet, but at least give us an update or something--even if it's just to say it's still being worked on. ATM I cant even craft without crashing. As far as we know, the issue is currently unattended.

And I have to again call total BS on the "unable to replicate the crashes" thing. Are they honestly asking us to believe that there are a total of zero people in the employ of Blizzard who have access to a PC running Windows 8? Come on...
Reply Quote
We've had the same problem. Trying some "fixes" without much hope.
At least there's other games to play.....grrrrrrr.
Reply Quote
If you guys would like to encourage Blizzard to correct this problem, stop playing for a week and stop buying decks.
Reply Quote
I have this problem as well. Windows 8.1. The only way I've found that works is if I tell my computer to restart before exiting Hearthstone, but it then takes forever to get back to doing anything. Please help us Blizzard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]