Windows 8.1 crashing after closing the game

Having the exact same issues also since the yesterdays patch, using Windows 8.1
Reply Quote
My computer crashed for the first time EVER following yesterday's patch. Machine has run smoothly since I bought it a few months ago. I have had applications stop working before but nothing has caused me to manually use the power button to shut down the computer until last night. Good job Blizzard.

Now I need to run all the utilities to see what potential damage Blizzard's shoddy programming has done.
Reply Quote
Same problem here !
Exit Hearthstone and windows (8.1) crash, taskbar doesn't respond and I have to restart my PC...
Reply Quote
I can also confirm that running the game in windows 7 compatibility mode will solve the problem. Although this is ofcourse not the most optimal way and does not remove the problem from its roots, it is a nice work around to still be able to play:)
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 11:25 PMPosted by Bananagab
Since the new patch today,
My whole computer crashes everytime I close Hearthstone. Am I the only one having this bug?

i am on windows 8.1 and it crashes my windows too. yesterday it happened and today it just happened.

i exit the game and everything is just frozen, something pops up about something not responding it says end task or cancel? something like that but nothing helps i just end up having to restart my computer.
Reply Quote
Same issue here
Reply Quote
Same here.
Reply Quote
Same here... These crashes of the operating system is not acceptable.
Reply Quote
same here, i have to reset my pc everytime a exit hs, appears to be a problem related to windows RPC.
Edited by Hawk on 8/7/2014 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OMG

I thought I was getting some virus. I didn't link it to Hearthstone, I've never seen such a thing. Ugh. This is some bad bad update action.
Reply Quote
It appears to be a conflict in the process "Service Host: Remote Procedure Call".
Since the patch, that process spikes to heightened CPU use after closing Hearthstone.
I don't know if that will help the Blizzologists any...
That said, the fix of running the game in Win 7 Compatibility mode does appear to work.
Reply Quote
Same here. I looked the problem up to see if it was just me but it looks like it isn't. It started happening after the new patch yesterday and I also run Windows 8.1. Please fix!
Reply Quote
There is a fix already in this post. It's been posted twice.

Run in Compatibility mode with Windows 7.

Right click on hearthstone - properties ->compatibility->Run this program in compatibility for: Windows 7 -> check Run this program as an administrator
Edited by FreakSauce on 8/7/2014 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just did it, it works fine now. Thanks.
Reply Quote
08/07/2014 09:44 AMPosted by JynxTexas
Just did it, it works fine now. Thanks.

Woot :-)
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Hearthstone started running sluggish and then computer froze on exit.
Reply Quote
I am somewhat relived to know that my computer is not the only one having trouble after the patch.
I will keep my eyes on this thread for a resolution.
Reply Quote
Count me in the club, same problem here !
Reply Quote
Same here. Now that I have looked through the threads, I see that it is Hearthstone that is the first to Crash my new computer.

Cheers!

ps. not really

pps. Seeing a fix for Windows 7... but I am running Windows 8.1
Edited by CrashJones on 8/7/2014 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
SAME HERE! My PC is way above Hearthstone requirements, once I close down Hearthstone, that's it. unresponsive taskbar and cant even navigate to task manager, looks like I wont be playing until they sort this out /: also a strange drop in frame rate whilst playing...

I'm running Windows 8.1 also, sort it out Blizz! I've also been left with no other option than to hard reset my PC upon closing the program.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]