The End of Zoo is Upon Us! (Priest)

There I was, hating life because I got paired up against a Warlock at Rank 17, I could only imagine it being a Handlock, but I knew it was Zoo. Five seconds pass and I knew, this is it, this is the day I can finally drill Zoo into the ground. I keep the Deathlord in my hand and play it on turn 3, landing me the easy win, not just any win though, I managed to get the Zoo Warlock to concede.

You can witness the shear power of Deathlord here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwIeVqKbRw
Reply Quote
And yet if you try making this play against any non-aggro deck, it'll get hard removed and they'll get a turn three ragnaros or some such fearsome late game drop. There is enough RNG in priest decks as it is.
Reply Quote
To which I would reply SW:D, and they have one less late game play. Or just don't play it against control until you have some sort of an answer in your hand for what might come out.
Reply Quote
08/07/2014 01:39 AMPosted by Octo
And yet if you try making this play against any non-aggro deck, it'll get hard removed and they'll get a turn three ragnaros or some such fearsome late game drop. There is enough RNG in priest decks as it is.

Tell me what control deck can remove it at T3 or T4 and still will get a free minion? I can only think about the control warrior can do it. However, what ever remove it need a combo, which means it is harder to get.
Reply Quote
I haven't really found the deathlords drawback to be that bad yet, worst scenario was when it pulled a zoo locks doomguard on turn 4, but I still won that game.
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 11:35 PMPosted by Faall
There I was, hating life because I got paired up against a Warlock at Rank 17, I could only imagine it being a Handlock, but I knew it was Zoo. Five seconds pass and I knew, this is it, this is the day I can finally drill Zoo into the ground. I keep the Deathlord in my hand and play it on turn 3, landing me the easy win, not just any win though, I managed to get the Zoo Warlock to concede.

You can witness the shear power of Deathlord here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwIeVqKbRw

Love the card! Zoo and aggro decks have been easy to deal with as a priest in the past, but this is just a fat stonewall to ensure you don't get screwed by awful rng and card draw. It also puts up a nice minion to get great northshire cleric value with. The drawback hasn't been bad at all. Battlecry cards are diminished greatly in value when they get pulled too (Azure Drake, Farseer, etc.) Hopefully these wieners playing zoo will wise up after getting crushed by the deathlord.
Edited by Funk on 8/7/2014 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Question: does the opponents deck actually get smaller when this deathrattle procs, or does it just clone one of the cards from his decklist or current deck stack?
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 12:42 AMPosted by Octo
Question: does the opponents deck actually get smaller when this deathrattle procs, or does it just clone one of the cards from his decklist or current deck stack?

Yes the opponents deck gets smaller, the minion is actually pulled from their deck, not just copied.
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 02:37 AMPosted by Klaital
Yes the opponents deck gets smaller, the minion is actually pulled from their deck, not just copied.

This can be quite bad for your opponent, yes they get a free minion, but they lose the battlecry or ability to combo it with anything provided you kill it on the same turn/ your next turn.

Some examples on a big scale are leeroy from a miracle deck, alex or grom from a warrior deck (They're big but they lose a way to bring your health down or surprise kill you) There are other cards like aldor peacekeeper, and kodo which a paladin might wish to save.
Reply Quote
Had today a nice card draw with my deck: The first Deathlord i throw out was sheeped in round 4, had another Deathlord in my hand. The mage then destroyed it in round 6, draw out an alexstrasza. I SW:D it, Threw out 2 Blademasters and a Circle of healing. The mage conceded.

So nothing against Deathlord: most of the time the battlecry is far more dangerous then what Deathlord draws out. The only problem is Ysera, but i have some Crazed Alchemist in my deck.
Reply Quote
08/09/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Velerion
Had today a nice card draw with my deck: The first Deathlord i throw out was sheeped in round 4, had another Deathlord in my hand. The mage then destroyed it in round 6, draw out an alexstrasza. I SW:D it, Threw out 2 Blademasters and a Circle of healing. The mage conceded.

So nothing against Deathlord: most of the time the battlecry is far more dangerous then what Deathlord draws out. The only problem is Ysera, but i have some Crazed Alchemist in my deck.

What you mean people still play Ysera? Last I checked even control warriors don't play her anymore.
Reply Quote
Why do you play so extremely slow OP ? I almost fell asleep.

Also, never say well played if you win, especially when it isn't well played to throw all minions you have in hand on the field.
Reply Quote
I believe you made a misplay on turn 6. Should have holy fired the dwarf. Wild pyro would then take care of the imp.

That would leave you with a 3/5 and 3/1 on board while the warlock would only have the knife juggler (3/2).

EDIT: See you did that on turn 7.
Edited by moljac024 on 8/16/2014 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The drawback to DL is magnified by confirmation bias.

The probability of pulling out a monster like raggy is very low unless you're facing straight control (low # of finishers in the deck proper, minus any if your opponent was unlucky enough to draw them). When it happens, however, the memory tends to stick.

Against mid-range, though, it can lose you the game (still comes down to rng).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]