Ben Brode is live with Turn2!

Community Manager
Hey guys! Senior Game Designer Ben Brode is talking about Naxxramas and Hearthstone live with IHearthU's Turn2 podcast right now!

Check it out!
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/6/2014 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wrong Forums, threads about streaming belong in Community Discussions
Reply Quote
Do you guys get paid for advertising this?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/06/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Redoing
Wrong Forums, threads about streaming belong in Community Discussions

Yep. I'm a terrible person. Don't use me as a role model.

Zeriyah is in Twitch chat on the stream. Say hi for me!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/06/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Frogface
Is he going to discuss Zoolock?

Perhaps, if Gnimsh asks about Zoo. I believe that most of the questions are going to focus on Naxx and Military Quarter cards in particular.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/06/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Frogface
08/06/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Perhaps, if Gnimsh asks about Zoo. I believe that most of the questions are going to focus on Naxx and Military Quarter cards in particular.

Thanks, I'll tune in!

Cool! Ben has been discussing development philosophy too, so the stream is a good way to get some insight on some of the thought process behind Hearthstone design.
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Hey guys! Senior Game Designer Ben Brode is talking about Naxxramas and Hearthstone live with IHearthU's Turn2 podcast right now!

[url="http://www.twitch.tv/ihearthusite"]Check it out![/url]

I like his energy
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/06/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Nyogtha
08/06/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Check it out!

I like his energy

Ben is awesome. That's just how he is all the time.
Reply Quote
So... is that a yes?
Reply Quote
Hes talking about zoo now
Reply Quote
He didn't basically dodge it, thats 100% exactly what he did
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I like his energy

Ben is awesome. That's just how he is all the time.

He reminds me a bit of nerdy French Stewart that is on a mega caffeine/sugar/Molly rush. I can only imagine him sneaking up on you in your cube and asking you how your weekend was.

08/06/2014 12:57 PMPosted by Redoing
He didn't basically dodge it, thats 100% exactly what he did

He didn't dodge the question. He actually answered it correctly. In a world where the data is shifting, you can't make an educated and informed response. The truth is that he is correct in that they're looking at it (we've been told) and that they're watching to see how Naxx impacts it and other decks (makes sense). You can't expect them to nerf the deck when new cards are still inbound.

Now, countering that, I will say that we all know that Zoo and Handlock are capable of doing what they do all because of the hero power. That could have been addressed but, after having been a Blizzard gamer for 8+ years, they, and other companies, aren't very quick to make changes to core aspects of games. It is why it took them 4-5 years to get Hunters off of mana, why it took two years to make the non-healing Paladin, Druid, and Shaman viable, etc. The changes are big and are often predicated upon a vision that the base game developers have so changing it means redesigning other assumptions upon which the game/class is based. That is what we're looking at right now with the Warlock. Nerf Life Tap and you cause massive ripples which takes a LOT more work to predict, account for, and adjust.
Edited by Nyogtha on 8/6/2014 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 12:58 PMPosted by Drain
Whose idea was it to turn Kel Thuzad into a clown? That's my question. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be punched in the di $%^($%( ck.

It's a world where Thrall, Uther, Anduin, Jaina and even Gul'dan sit together and play cards, don't take it so seriously.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
Missed the first half of it so I'll have to catch it later! It's always appreciated to see you guys doing these interviews though. Mr. Brode is a lot of fun to watch, I'd like to see some of the other designers spend some time talking though!

Maybe do something like the Heroes of the Storm Dev. Q&As once in a while? (Now Dev Insights, gogo fancier name)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Alas, the live stream is over. If you missed it, keep an eye open for when Turn2 posts up the Episode #30 VoD on their site.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]